Options
Both are leftovers.

What to do? What to do?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Consume with joy.

Depending how much, it may take me a take a couple of days.

Cheers, h.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Fruitcake, homemade or store bought? Store bought, toss it! Homemade, make french toast out of it. Coffee liqueur - here in Maine people drink it with milk. I personally think it's gross. However, homemade ice cream made from coffee liqueur is fantastic.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yik.... keep away from both of them!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    coffee liquor also makes good topping for ice cream or add it to actual coffee or make martinis out of it...either a plain espresso martini, or something fancy like a chocolate caramel mocha martini, depending on what other items you have laying around...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I got the coffee liqueur so she could make cheesecake. That was quite excellent. I'd be confident of success in a tiramisu.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,190 Member
    Options
    I got the coffee liqueur so she could make cheesecake. That was quite excellent. I'd be confident of success in a tiramisu.

It's a worthwhile endeavor, and will amaze and delight your friends (if you choose to share ;) ). I like making it with homemade sponge cake rather than ladyfingers, personally. Don't stint on the mascarpone, whipped cream, or other yum-ness!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

It's a worthwhile endeavor, and will amaze and delight your friends (if you choose to share ;) ). I like making it with homemade sponge cake rather than ladyfingers, personally. Don't stint on the mascarpone, whipped cream, or other yum-ness!

250g of Mascarpone cost $7 and heavy shipping cream $6/litre where I stay. Goes without saying that I don't eat tiramisu very often. which is a good thing.
    I have also never had fruitcake OP. But I am curious to see what you'll end up doing. The soak fruitcake in liqueur suggestion seems to make sense though
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Here's Mom's fruitcake recipe, which is quite good, and I need to make for Saturday, so am glad this thread prompted me to find it.

Looks like it made 6 mini loaves.

77920xfqx5n0.jpeg

hl0mac4stxfj.jpg