I threw my cigarettes out

Options
2»

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    6 days smoke free!!! I already saved $41.00 I would have spent on cigarettes!!!

You're doing great, well done.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Congrats! I think keeping a running total of the money you've saved could be a good motivator :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,072 Member
    Options

Tuck that away, retire early. I mean, if you want to. ;)
  • jrhamm456
    jrhamm456 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! I will be smoke free three years in February, I still crave them from time to time but know it's worth putting them die.
  • wildflower100
    wildflower100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    awesome, I used to smoke like a chimney many years ago, best decision I ever made. Also as a motivating factor I now hate the smell of cigarette smoke, yr friends will appreciate the fresh you
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful now. I started eating since I quit smoking. Time to start getting that under control.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful now. I started eating since I quit smoking. Time to start getting that under control.

I put on 10kg in the year I gave up smoking, so yeah, watch the weight.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! This is the best decision you've ever made! You can do it! Go to places where you can't smoke- movies, stores, etc. Suck on candies or chew gum. Try not to spend time with any friends or family who smoke unless they can promise not to smoke around you. Keep us posted on your success.
  • fishbonz75
    fishbonz75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I quit 11 years ago and have never looked back its easy just gotta do it
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Bravo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I quit in 2012 after a blood clot in my heart almost killed me!
  • Lila3701
    Lila3701 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great! It’s been about six years since I quit. It’s very freeing!
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    As of today I saved $103.00 as a result of no longer buying cigarettes.
  • arousis
    arousis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Quitting smoking was THE HARDEST thing I've ever done, but so incredibly worth it. I've never posted on this site, but wanted to give you the encouragement to stay strong! Are you using any nicotine replacements?
  • curtis_can_do_this
    Options
    Great decision to quit. Smokefree.gov has excellent free resources that I found very helpful when I quit cold turkey in November 2017. I have not used tobacco once since, and am so grateful to be free from a 30+year addiction. I had lost 60 lbs and then gained 35 back after I quit but I didn't fuss at myself - I made my #1 goal to quit smoking and stay quit forever. Today I'm continuing to make additional healthy lifestyle changes, I've lost 12 of the 35 quit pounds in the past months, I'm feeling and breathing so much better, and am empowered with more energy and increased self confidence. I re-taught and reassured myself, that having accomplished this, I can do anything.
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the decision to quit!!
    I quit 5 years ago and wish you luck!
    Sugar free cough drops helped me a lot in the beginning:)
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    arousis wrote: »
    Great job! Quitting smoking was THE HARDEST thing I've ever done, but so incredibly worth it. I've never posted on this site, but wanted to give you the encouragement to stay strong! Are you using any nicotine replacements?

I just went totally cold turkey this time and it worked.
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    One problem that I am having is I am too tired to exercise. I have not been to the gym in a few days.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey 5 (?) years ago. Things that helped, eating sunflower seeds with the shell... kept my mouth and hands busy. Takes time to eat them. Also, i found these toothpicks at the natural food store that are flavored tea tree or cinnamon, also keep my mouth and hands busy. As a reward, I totally cleaned out my car, inside and out, nice clean and fresh smelling. Each day gets easier. You got this!