Would you ever consider dating a married man/woman?

Options
What are your thoughts on this subject and does it make a difference if they’re separated from their spouse/partner?

Replies

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    interesting topic to say the least... will be nice to see the comments!
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't like to share 😆

Separated depends on the situation and the person, but usually that person is in or will soon be in a *kitten* storm that I don't want to be a part of...
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Well considering the fact that married people who "date" have strongly sociopathic personality characteristics, and in some cases are outright sociopaths, the answer is obviously no. No one who values his or her own life would date such a personality type unless they were also of this personality type. In which case "a match made in hell" would be an apt description of such a union.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I would totally date a manbearpig tho... Just to see one lol
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nope. If he's separated, he can hit me back up when he's divorced because I don't like sharing a man. Even if he's living apart from his wife, what's the hold up in actually getting divorced? I know divorces can be complicated and take a while but if he's just separated and not even in the process of finalizing the end, then ABSOLUTELY NOT.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No.I am married and would not date anyone but my spouse.
    If we seperated/were divorcing I would not feel okay dating until we were actually divorced.
    If I were single I would not get involved with someone who was married even if they were seperated or in an open relationship.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If I was not already a married man, I don't think so... I'd probably maintain a plutonic friendship tho until something more lucrative came along lol
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Dating, as in, actually going out in public regularly? Or just *kitten* ing them?

Dating: separated, yes. Any other level of connection, no.

*kitten* ing: open relationship, yes. Sneaking around, no.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i would say probably not. let me know when the divorce is final. too much possibility for drama otherwise. i prefer no drama in my life
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    In NC, you can't even file for divorce until you've been legally separated and living apart for a full year. So yes, I've dated a "married" man. And I'm also still legally married. I'm not going to put my life on hold for a year or more because of a stupid law.

Same law here. Legally separated is viewed as Marriage Over, just without the final rubber stamp. I've never known anyone to reconcile following a legal separation as things are usually long dead before that point.

I married young and separated 2.5 years later. My ex wasn't filing for divorce and I couldn't afford to for a while. Then he kept switching lawyers and the whole thing had to restart three times. It took us 3.5 years to finally get divorced, longer than the actual marriage. I wasn't going to put my life on hold for that long in my 20s so, yes, I dated while "married".
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    No. I mean I might casually date them but I wouldn't stop seeing other people and get all attached. Sorry but he's technically married... wife always comes first. call me when you're divorced.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Dating, as in, actually going out in public regularly? Or just *kitten* ing them?

Dating: separated, yes. Any other level of connection, no.

*kitten* ing: open relationship, yes. Sneaking around, no.

So if their Facebook relationship status is “It’s complicated”, it’s a hard no from you?

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard.