Your weight will probably go up this week - and that's a good thing! :)

Options

Replies

• Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day will be my first un-tracked day for nearly a year (ie since I started with MFP). I’m so going to enjoy being irresponsible for a couple of days.

• Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great thread and to those running and dieting like mad....unlucky.

Im eating
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have some calories in the bank from the last few days so I am ready for tomorrow! I will weight and log my food though, but I have plenty of room to go over If I want to.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder. I am not even weighing myself until next Saturday.

Haha, cheers!

Or be like me, weigh every day, and enjoy the data rollercoaster! :smiley:

Haha yes, this. Live on the edge :D

Untracked sensible day today, untracked whatever day tomorrow.
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have had far too much in the last 2 days. Still have Christmas day to come!!!! 2 Chocolate oranges, xmas cake, crisps, mince pies, biscuits. Going to have a nice lunch tomorrow but after that will get back to healthy eating. Feel tired and bloated
  • Howitto
    Howitto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've set my calorie goal to maintain over Christmas. Although I'm already over it today and will probably go over tomorrow and new year's Day/eve.
    But sticking to my usual deficit after boxing day!

If I couldn't relax a little and enjoy myself over Christmas I think I'd go a little mad.. hehe
  • Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I'll kick off with: Gingerbread & Butterscotch Sponge Pudding, and Bailey's Custard.

Just to say that I think the Coles Gingerbread & Butterscotch pudding is worth every single one of its calories!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have decided to just enjoy my Christmas Eve and Christmas with whatever sounds good. I did get on the treadmill today though :) I was actually super proud of myself lol. I probably won't weigh in until next Monday so I don't freak out seeing a high number. Even though I know it's probably mostly water weight, my brain goes instantly to OMG WHAT DID I DO.
  • crpowell55
    crpowell55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in the southeast US so cornbread dressing with lots of gravy is very important and considered a true necessity when you're celebrating the Christmas season and I love it! Also cake...cakes of all kinds. Cranberry and orange chutney (I made my own and it's surprisingly healthy), whipped potatoes (and more gravy), but the funny thing is that I've gotten so use to smaller portions, that I've actually stayed well within my calories for the day, not that this day is over! Thank you for the reminder and actually that's good advice for everyday life! I know some days I'll show an increase on the scale and at this point in my life, I know I'm in it for the long haul. It's been fun reading all the different versions of what foods make Christmas special for each one! I have enjoyed it very much. I rarely comment but I did love this one thread. You must be in the UK. I would love to try some of that custard and pudding!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    :+1: Great thread!

Looking forward to lots of good food and family time, and I don't intend to concern myself with the scale.

My husband outdid himself yesterday. While I spent the day doing laundry, he made:
    • Apple pie
    • Pumpkin pie
    • Browned butter maple sugar cookies
    • Peppermint bark cookies
    • Rum balls

Tonight we'll have turkey, dressing, ham, rolls, potatoes x 2 (sweet and mashed), roasted Brussells sprouts, and all the stuff listed above. Tomorrow morning is homemade cinnamon rolls. And all the leftovers!

Does he have a brother? Asking for a friend...

@snickerscharlie He does! Cute, too :laugh: and sitting on our couch right now. He doesn't cook though.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Actually I find this week easier to lose weight as hubby can stay home with the children while I go out and exercise
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I threw caution to the wind these past two days, so I needed to hear this. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, loads of cheese and crackers, and all the chocolate I could cram into my mouth. I actually paid for it yesterday with a bad belly ache, but what matters is I enjoyed my family and am back to the grind today.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. I see I am not the only one who went all in baking-wise.
    I made
    Chocolate crinkle cookies
    2 types of biscotti
    Caramel Pear Buche
    Cheesecake lemon bars
    Sweet cheese bread
    Swiss onion bread
    Amish dinner rolls

I was out of town so I haven't weighed myself since Saturday. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow... #notworried
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    crpowell55 wrote: »
    I live in the southeast US so cornbread dressing with lots of gravy is very important and considered a true necessity when you're celebrating the Christmas season and I love it! Also cake...cakes of all kinds. Cranberry and orange chutney (I made my own and it's surprisingly healthy), whipped potatoes (and more gravy), but the funny thing is that I've gotten so use to smaller portions, that I've actually stayed well within my calories for the day, not that this day is over! Thank you for the reminder and actually that's good advice for everyday life! I know some days I'll show an increase on the scale and at this point in my life, I know I'm in it for the long haul. It's been fun reading all the different versions of what foods make Christmas special for each one! I have enjoyed it very much. I rarely comment but I did love this one thread. You must be in the UK. I would love to try some of that custard and pudding!

Thanks!

Yes, after a big Xmas late lunch I didn't need much dinner, so I was only over about 400 calories. Over again today, though.

I'm Australian, and my other half is from the UK. We have quite a lot of British food traditions here.

I've never seen Cinnamon rolls here, which several people have mentioned in this thread. Need to know more!