Better Choice than coffee creamer

Options

Replies

• deblc1981
    deblc1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffee has been my friend, then I use fat free creamer. If you use protein powders at all, they help as well
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love Walden Farms creamers. There are at least 5 different flavors. I really like the French vanilla. fat free/sugar free as well
  • iandjray2723
    iandjray2723 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Coffe and coconut 🥥 oil with Stevia 🙏
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think whole milk or half & half is better than creamers.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The calories are only 30-35 cal/servings. Unless you drink copious amounts of coffee why worry. Just drink it and put those kids to bed!!!!!!!!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with coffee mate or international delight flavored creamers, it’s about 35 cals/tbsp, and I have 2-3 cups of coffee a day. That ~100 calories isn’t really that hard to fit into my day. Are you sure that your 1/4 cup is a deal breaker on your calorie budget? For long term success in weight loss and maintenance, you have to figure out what you want to sacrifice and what you want to work in to your calorie and nutritional goals.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I think whole milk or half & half is better than creamers.

I agree.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've found changing to a coffee that tastes better needs less help. Try out a few... one of my favorites is HEB cafe ole Snicker doodle. I use 1tbs half and half and a little Jordan's skinny syrup or 1 tbs coffee mate.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I drink coffee with coffee mate or international delight flavored creamers, it’s about 35 cals/tbsp, and I have 2-3 cups of coffee a day. That ~100 calories isn’t really that hard to fit into my day. Are you sure that your 1/4 cup is a deal breaker on your calorie budget? For long term success in weight loss and maintenance, you have to figure out what you want to sacrifice and what you want to work in to your calorie and nutritional goals.

Agree, friend! I started weighing the creamer in my coffee, and at MOST I’m spending 100 calories/day on it.

I also got a cappuccino machine for Christmas and I’ve started experimenting with different flavors. Regular milk bothers my stomach, so today I tried a small bit of almond milk with a drop of eggnog in it. The whole thing came out to less than 50 calories, and was so satisfying I didn’t feel like I needed another cup. Much tastier than the calorific lattes I’ve been known to partake in at Starbucks, too!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you got to do what you got to do. I'm just making adjustments in the rest of my day because it tastes so good. The secret ingredient to the flavor is the salt, the non-iodized salt.

Yeah, I agree salt is good in coffee, but... when I do drink coffee (I go through phases), I just add salt to the grounds. It's surely a lower cal way of getting salt into the flavor equation.

How much do you put in for a cup? I've always said I hate sugar in my coffee and I'd rather have salt, but I've never actually tried it. I like chilis and unsweetened chocolate in my coffee.

I do it by the pot. About 7-10 shakes of salt into my French press. I don't know how much that is, maybe 1/8-1/4 tsp? So let's see, I put 8 tbsp of coffee into the press, so a nice pinch per cup. Such precise measurements there!

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I'll start with a pinch in my small french press or my one-cup pour-over set-up (it's very sophisticated -- a funnel, a coffee filter, and a coffee mug), in case I don't like it, so I don't ruin a whole pot.
  • IIFYMomma
    IIFYMomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make lattes out of almond or cashew milk and add coffee or espresso, and sugar free syrups. It’s super low cal and tasty. Alternatively, I use liquid Premier protein in my coffee. Protein boost and low cal. Win win!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    0gelb8ljk55o.png

One cannot know the influence one may have on this public site. The shelf, she's empty now.

It was three weeks ago I bought my first bottle of this stuff and it was so good that I decided to quit eating a 400 calorie breakfast, as I had done all my life. I still do drink a whole pot of coffee. One cup will have the keto creamer, or as is going to have to be the case now, mct oil, while one cup will have heavy cream. That works out to tiny carbs, high fat, and less than 200 calories. The darnedest thing, though, is that it satisfies my concept of morning needs, you might call it "hunger", until noon. I was doing this before I started seriously doing keto. Now, it helps make keto easy.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy coffee and it sounds like you do, gravitating towards drinking it “untouched” with cream and sugar is the way to go. It’s all a matter of finding what that coffee is.

For me, it’s Italian Roast when made at home. When purchased, it’s Peet’s (think left coast California) Cafe Americano. I only drink one cup a day.

My two cents. Enjoy your next cup!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    If you're close to a Ross store, they have a variety of sugar free coffee syrups for cheap. Try fat free creamer at any grocery store for 15 cal
    For 2tblsp.
  • 20KB17
    20KB17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this and can't believe I didn't....WALDEN FARMS.... They have everything you could ever want with no anything! Everything is a zero. As far as what store to buy them that's hard Walmarts I know have some stuff but if you go to vitacost.com they have everything that is offered....now remember these are all zero everything g so no some stuff is awful and some is not too bad.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Right now I’m doing Silk creamer (I’ve had their vanilla, caramel and I’m finishing off the pumpkin spice now) and sugar in the raw. I used to do mct oil with stevia w/monk fruit because I was trying to jump on the Keto train but eventually realized it wasn’t for me. (That daily dose of MCT oil was breaking out my face).
  • kelseyknie
    kelseyknie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shiree130 wrote: »
    I am a HUGE coffee lover. I am a mom to 4 kids and I'm still up through out the night with 2 of them so for me coffee is a necessity! I am looking for something healthier than coffee creamer. I've tried black coffee with a sugar substitute and it just doesn't work for me. I like the different flavors of the creamer. Any suggestions for a healthier version would be greatly appreciated! 😃

Try adding a protien powder to it! I use Bowmar Nutrition and their protien is a perfect replacement, plus you're getting your protien in too. Low fat low carb and soooooo good!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Torani sugar free syrups - I am partial to the hazelnut and salted caramel. I heat up some cashew milk and froth it. Very fancy, tastes good, negligible calories.

Yup! Torani also carries fruit-flavored syrups, and the sugar free varieties are great mix-ins with smoothies or sodas.

For richness, I like adding Premiere Protein shakes; they have lots of protein and don't split like some do.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If the creamer is something you love and helps you drink coffee, so be it. I'd say try looking at calorie reduction in other foods if it becomes too much of a hassle.

I think the bigger concern is your caffeine consumption. 3 cups (750 ml ) should be all you consume so if it's over that you run the risk of developing headaches, poor sleep, the list goes on.

https://mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/coffee-and-health/faq-20058339
  • sharpham42
    sharpham42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding a protein powder to your coffee for flavor?