been MFP for over a year- no loss- open to suggestions

Options
1235»

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I was like that too, but once i completelly removed white flour, sugar, simple carbs , juices, soft drinks, energy drinks and any sort of pre packaged processed foods, the weight strated dropping off quiet easily...

I was excercising cardio & weights mixed...
    also not eatin enough calories will cause mass damage to your weight loss... so becareful of over training and undereating.

I must be super special then, because I started losing fast when I added sugar sugar and noodles back into my diet.

It's ALMOST as if just because one thing happens after an other, the second thing is not necessarily caused by the first!

Magic!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat less less log accurately and exercise more. It's not rocket science. I'd question why it's taken you a year to notice it wasn't working
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    You might try to eat a larger breakfast ... 100 calories for breakfast is very low ... the two ways to rev-up your metabolism is to eat and exercise. So try to eat less calories at the end of the day and more in the morning to rev-up your metabolism first thing.
    Also, hang in there! Be very proud that you haven't gained weight over the last two years... because this weight-loss process can be very frustrating!

My breakfast is coffee, black.

Progress pics on my profile,

same here...

6 cups of coffee is my breakfast...

90 pound loss in 10 months...

eating / not eating breakfast is not a deal breaker...

seems to be another mfp myth that gets circulated, like "starvation mode", which some will tell you will set in if you skip a meal...
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Alot of broscientists are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

LMAO ^ agree

simple, don't eat junk food, no refined sugar, dont eat pre packaged meals...eat fresh veggies & fruits & lean meats!
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Alot of broscientists are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

LMAO ^ agree

simple, don't eat junk food, no refined sugar, dont eat pre packaged meals...eat fresh veggies & fruits & lean meats!

& i say its simple because...i've lost 18 pounds in a month doing just that, oh and exercising of course
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Had a peek at a couple of days. You might want to adjust the sodium down a bit (boullion cubes and ramen seasoning packets are loaded). There are lower-sodium versions of many foods.

What you might try doing with your meals is eating them on a smaller plate. If you normally use a dinner plate, use a slightly-smaller plate.
    Fruits and veggies are your friends here.
    Fried foods in moderation. Try steamed, grilled, or broiled instead. :flowerforyou:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you aren't weighing your food that you're "estimating" your serving sizes. Stop estimating and break out a food scale and use it. Also, what about exercise?