Just ate an entire bag of broccoli

Options
13»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    My husband just wanted to weigh me right now (I don’t get men...) and he told me I stayed exactly the same as 2 weeks ago which is not okay. He didn’t listen to me when I asked to be weighed in the morning instead and not tonight after I just started my period and ate all that broccoli and drank a bunch of water. He doesn’t understand what I’m freaking out about... I’m just so mad I’m not losing weight and i’m “overweight” as per my BMI and nobody seems to care except me. It’s exhausting and so frustrating and I can’t take this anymore.

Your husband physically picked you up and put you on the scale and stopped you moving?

If not, you could have just said no.

While he is obviously trying to help, he has no qualifications in dealing with an eating disorder

Also, you mentioned you just started your period. Are both you and your husband aware that women can temporarily retain a rough average of 5 lbs of water weight, which has *nothing* to do with fat and will dissipate over the next few days?

And why is your husband in control of when (and if) you get weighed?

From other threads, OP has said he is supposed to be "blind" weighing her, so she doesn't see the actual reading. It does kind of give him some control in when she gets weighed, although if they were both behaving like adults, it would mean either could veto a weigh-in, not that either could force a weigh-in. And from previous threads, it seems to me he gives her too much information. Not her actual weight, but enough information in relation to previous weigh-ins and time to goal at current weight-loss rate that figuring out her current weight is a pretty basic arithmetic problem.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    My husband just wanted to weigh me right now (I don’t get men...) and he told me I stayed exactly the same as 2 weeks ago which is not okay. He didn’t listen to me when I asked to be weighed in the morning instead and not tonight after I just started my period and ate all that broccoli and drank a bunch of water. He doesn’t understand what I’m freaking out about... I’m just so mad I’m not losing weight and i’m “overweight” as per my BMI and nobody seems to care except me. It’s exhausting and so frustrating and I can’t take this anymore.

Your husband physically picked you up and put you on the scale and stopped you moving?

If not, you could have just said no.

While he is obviously trying to help, he has no qualifications in dealing with an eating disorder

Also, you mentioned you just started your period. Are both you and your husband aware that women can temporarily retain a rough average of 5 lbs of water weight, which has *nothing* to do with fat and will dissipate over the next few days?

And why is your husband in control of when (and if) you get weighed?

From other threads, OP has said he is supposed to be "blind" weighing her, so she doesn't see the actual reading. It does kind of give him some control in when she gets weighed, although if they were both behaving like adults, it would mean either could veto a weigh-in, not that either could force a weigh-in. And from previous threads, it seems to me he gives her too much information. Not her actual weight, but enough information in relation to previous weigh-ins and time to goal at current weight-loss rate that figuring out her current weight is a pretty basic arithmetic problem.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't read all of the OP's threads and posts, but the ones I have read are concerning to say the least.