Stall after every ten pounds lost?

Options
CarlySupertramp
CarlySupertramp Posts: 15 Member
edited December 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I am down 30 and noticing a pattern. After my first ten, over a week of stalling... after losing the next ten, again... lost ten more, another 9 day stall so far...

Anyone else? Sigh.

Oh, More info: Doing keto (and NO alcohol), and I have been at it for 80 days.

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I am down 30 and noticing a pattern. After my first ten, over a week of stalling... after losing the next ten, again... lost ten more, another 9 day stall so far...

Start tracking your measurements if you are not doing it already. The scale might not be moving but you might still be making progress. If you measurements are not changing, consider revisiting your calorie goal after every 10 pounds lost. Your calorie needs will decrease as you lose weight.
  • CarlySupertramp
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. <3 I will raise the calories by a few hundred. I have noticed a little cramping that could be related?
    My moods aren't so great either tbh.

Edit - I forgot to add, its tricky knowing how much to eat a lot too because I don't have an appetite and on keto they say don't eat when you aren't hungry...

I will get at least 1200 though
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. <3 I will raise the calories by a few hundred. I have noticed a little cramping that could be related?
    My moods aren't so great either tbh.

It's really hard to tell over the internet, but the best way would be to add the calories and see if it helps. (: It could be.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear this! :)

Even in keto, the weight loss comes from the calorie deficit. So go ahead and set up your MFP profile to lose 1 lb/week and aim for the calorie recommendation it gives you. When you exercise, log it and eat back at least some of those calories. Wish you the best :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I want to ammend my original suggestion to state that you should adjust your calories now. 1000 calories is definitely too low (assuming you are logging correctly and you really are eating only 1000). You've gotten great advice here, especially from MFP granny. Good luck to you.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone else has covered your calorie goal, but I'll chime in and say yeah I have a similar pattern with my loss. My calorie count is fine and it's averaging out to 1-2 pounds lost per week as expected, but it's annoyingly not linear, also as expected. :p

So you may find that you still have a noticeable lose-pause-lose-pause kind of pattern. Mine is sort of lose 3-4, gradually gain 2-ish, lose 2-4, gradually regain part, lose again, regain about half, etc. Sometimes it's more like a 2 week cycle rather than a pound amount. Annoying but not unusual.

You might get some benefit out of keeping notes. Was your diet unusual for a day or two? Do you menstruate? Unusually stressed? If you like data, notes can help you pinpoint the specific cause of fluctuations which can help alleviate some of the frustration.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Some weeks I notice weight loss stalls a bit- but I’m typically doing more weight lifting those weeks- so perhaps I’m either holding water or hopefully building lean muscle. I’ve noticed weight loss isn’t the same every week and it starts to slow down the closer I get to my goal.
  • CarlySupertramp
    Options
    It ended up falling off in a chunk over the course of a week... So the average loss is still about 10 per month...
    I did up my calories by 2-300 and even more some days where I feel a little woozy. The loss did not slow down and I feel better. Thanks again you guys <3
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it's every 5lbs or so with me. I tend to lose it in chunks then a couple weeks of nothing. Then another 2-5 lbs overnight, then another couple weeks of nothing. As long as I don't gain back in that time, it's a fairly steady drop, but it's funny that it's less like slowly melting off weight and more like randomly cutting off chunks.