JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 1 September

I've just realised I'd not posted goals this morning!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge (drink water)
    Feb challenge (evening routine)
    Mar challenge ( get outdoors for at least 10 mins)
    Apr challenge (gratitude)
    May challenge (move regularly)
    Jun challenge (be accountable)
    Jul challenge (time for self)
    Aug challenge (log water)
    Sep challenge (complete journal)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Round 2 -
    SW - 185.6
    CW - 184.0
    The SW is the weight the day we started 2nd round. I managed to lose one pound last time. CW is my daily weigh in.

JFT - Saturday Aug 31
    2L of water - 1.5 so much better than previous days
    Log all food - πŸ™‚
    Gratitude journal - πŸ˜’

JFT - Sunday Sept 1
    2L of water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal
    Active 15 minutes

I’m going to try to add a little activity in to see how that goes with my hip. I need to do something to try to get the weight loss going in the right direction again.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Busy day yesterday .. went to the gym, then walked 5 miles. Found out once again we have to fill out the tons of paperwork to try and keep out daughter on disability. How can we get mad at her for trying to work?? Yet, if she works, they want to take her off disability. She has paranoid schizo . so she can fake working for 1 hour a day. Not enough to live on ... but enough that she can lose disability. So that letter ruined out day yesterday.
    Hubby and I were going to go out to eat, but instead ordered in pizza, and then I gave into a large bowl of ice cream. Not good choices.
    Today I will be going over her bank statement to figure out how much she made all year, and just pray they realize how she needs the disability.

Praying for all those in line for hurricane dorian! Be safe.
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    August 5: 187.9 -- went on vacation
    August 21: 189.0 -- back starting over again
    August 30: 186.8 --- after a week of watching everything I ate ..... and going to bed slightly hungry for 2 nites.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 186.2 (current weight today)

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have been awol for a few days. Have had a bit of a rough time - boyfriend troubles, a sickness bug, then a disaster with the house renovations, first we lost all hot water, then a massive flood through the ceiling. We go back to school tomorrow and I’m now seriously stressed and feeling v disorganised because the house is a building site. This was not how it was supposed to be but I guess it can’t be helped. I got out for a run this morning after cancelling three times in three days due to all of the above. Felt better afterwards and have managed to hit the rest of today’s goals so will hopefully have a less stressful evening.

Sunday goals:
    - morning run βœ… 10 miles! πŸ˜€
    - Builder to sort boiler at 10:30am βœ…
    - Shopping centre for kids’ new school shirts, socks and school shoes βœ…
    - Lunch with parents βœ…
    - Visit tile shop on way home βœ…
    - Laundry βœ…
    - Tidy kids’ rooms and lay out uniform βœ…
    - Kids’ hair wash βœ…
    - Face pack and early night

Catch up with you all in the morning x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 1 September

I've just realised I'd not posted goals this morning!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge (drink water) :)
    Feb challenge (evening routine) >:) whisky with my coffee but I had the calories and it was nice sitting and looking at the sea and the changing colours as the sun set. I can count this for the Apr and Jul challenges!
    Mar challenge ( get outdoors for at least 10 mins). :) Walked for an hour
    Apr challenge (gratitude). :)
    May challenge (move regularly) :)
    Jun challenge (be accountable) :)
    Jul challenge (time for self) :)
    Aug challenge (log water) :)
    Sep challenge (complete journal) :)

Goodnight
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,147 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    28/08: 162.4
    29/08: 162.2
    30/08: 161.0 😱😱😱 Had to weigh myself 3 times when I saw this on the scale! πŸ˜‚
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 161.6 - 0.8
    Scale popped up again after my big whoosh! πŸ˜‚

I thought I had posted last night , but can’t find it. C’est la vie!

JFT: Sat 31 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Local shops✨
    • Outing with DYD β˜”οΈ Rained off!
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟
    • Work on crochet🌟

JFT: Sun 1 September [/b]
    • Visit DED and grandsons 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟 7500+ done
    • Prep for Creative Writing am
    • Prep for Mo day Painters pm
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Mon 2 September [/b]
    My Group activities restart this morning
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Creative Writing 10.30 am
    • Monday Painters 2 pm
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session
    • Crochet: sew buttons on cardigan
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 2 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
    Sep challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Back to school (work) for me and the kids this morning. Ready to get back to some structure and routine but it’s a shame the house is in chaos! This too shall pass...

Sunday goals recap
    - morning run βœ… 10 miles! πŸ˜€
    - Builder to sort boiler at 10:30am βœ…
    - Shopping centre for kids’ new school shirts, socks and school shoes βœ…
    - Lunch with parents βœ…
    - Visit tile shop on way home βœ…
    - Laundry βœ…
    - Tidy kids’ rooms and lay out uniform βœ…
    - Kids’ hair wash βœ…
    - Face pack and early night βœ…

Monday goals:
    - morning workout βœ…
    - pack snacks and schoolbags βœ…
    - buy coffee and milk on way to school
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - another tile shop after work!
    - laundry away
    - lay out running gear
    - bed by 10

Wish you all a great start to the week. Those in the storm path stay safe - thinking of you x
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    JFT: Enjoying the the power of being in control of food. :)
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacay! All of them! Summer is officially over diet wise, that's for sure. August was a minefield with all of the traveling I did. I am ready to kick things back into high gear but this time I am more realistic. I'd like to lose 4 of the lbs I gained over the month of august and get myself back on track with exercise. That's really where I feel the most off balance.

JFT:

30 minutes exercise
    Eat within calories
    drink water
    get laundry caught up/car cleaned out

Luckily the kids don't start school until Wednesday so I have a few extra days of calm before I have to start getting up early again!

Will try to catch up a bit later but I've missed seeing everyone's updates and hope all is well!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Round 2 -
    SW - 185.6
    CW - 187.9
    The SW is the weight the day we started 2nd round. I managed to lose one pound last time. CW is my daily weigh in.

JFT - Sunday Sept 1
    2L of water - πŸ‘Ώ
    Log all Food - πŸ‘Ώ
    Gratitude Journal - πŸ‘Ώ
    Active 15 minutes - πŸ™‚

JFT - Monday Sept 2
    2L of water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal
    Active 15 minutes

Well I didn’t do so well yesterday and all of the sodium I had eaten the last couple of days is showing on the scale today. I’m hoping it’s mostly that and not actual weight.

I am off today for Labor Day and am looking forward to the kids coming for a visit. I am going to try to do some crafting as well.

@Faebert - I hope your house woes get straightened out fast for you and you have a good first day back to school for you and the girls.

@TerriRichardson112 - I love how you are posting your posts. You are doing so well.

@mytime6630 - I am so sorry you have to go through the paperwork again for your daughter’s disability. I don’t understand how one hour a day could make up enough that they want to cancel it. They should be recognizing that she is trying, not punishing her for it. Hugs to you.

@ZizzyBumble - my husband started a conversation the other day about winning the lottery and asked where I would want to travel. I told him about your Isle of Skye and looked up some pictures. He didn’t think he would want to return. The conversation started because there was a man here in Edmonton that won 60 Million and hid it from everyone, including his wife for 10 months before claiming it. My husband asked what I would do if he hid it from me. I told him it might not go over so well for him. πŸ˜‚

@korina75 - I hope to see you back posting regularly soon.

There was more but I can’t remember now and didn’t take notes today.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Labor Day to those who are celebrating or off work for a long weekend.
    I don't even know what I have posted and what I have not about the past few weeks, but I'll just summarize by saying we helped my mom put together the military service and work with the mortuary, got through the service, brought my mom home with us to Wisconsin last Friday and she decided she wanted to go home and face what's coming so my husband and her left today. My husband is driving her back and staying a few days to finish some yard work he had started and to meet with a repair man for her water softener. She is terrified of being there alone and I believe will put the house up for sale ASAP and try to move up here near family. So....it's been emotional and exhausting all tied up with one big *kitten* bow. I'm actually kind of glad she decided to go home today instead of tomorrow as planned, since it gives me one day by myself before returning to work tomorrow. I'm sure I'm at least 200 emails behind and feeling a bit overwhelmed about going back. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a terrible selfish person. I'm just really exhausted.

My husband is one of the most wonderfully kind men I've ever known, and I'm so thankful that he offered to drive mom back whenever she wanted to go. He's making the trip alone (8-hour drive) and they've never spent that much time together, so I've actually placed him on a pedestal in my mind right now! I'm trying to think of something I can do for him in return. Ideas are welcome! :)

I am not even going to pretend that I have been eating well while gone assisting mom, because my husband and I have only had 2 home-cooked meals in the past 2 weeks. I've been really doing well with water intake though.

It's in the low 70's here this weekend and I am so happy! The older I get, the less I tolerate heat and humidity. I've not been outside much this summer. I think once I'm able to get off one of my meds (2 1/2 more years), my hot flashes will be fewer and things might get back to normal, but for now I'm a walking furnace waiting to kick on! haha! I think a walk with Maddie might be in order today...

I'd like to get in on the 2nd round of 5 lb challenge if it isn't too late? I just weighed myself this morning.

5 lb Challenge, Round 2 [9/2/2018]
    Name: Tracie
    CW/SW: 185 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 180 lbs

JFT Goals 9/2/2019:
    1. Journal every bite and every sip
    2. Meditation or reflection time 15 minutes Done :)
    3. Prep snacks for work this week / cook chicken strips for salads / clean fruit & veggies
    4. Laundry
    5. Declutter 15 minutes
    6. Run Errands: Pick up vitamins, Rx, Aldi's for salad fixin's
    7. Prepare for tomorrow, tonight: Coffeemaker / clothing / Bkfst, lunch & snacks packed / pack laptop bag / look at tomorrow's schedule to prepare for meetings (mentally)
    8. Podcasts: HSM, JM, P&P
    9. Intentional Activity: 30 minutes total
    10. Evening Routine: Gratitude Journal / Inspirational Readings / Calm App / Lights out by 10:30 / Alarms set and no snoozing tomorrow!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Hurricane Dorian's path! Please be safe! My stepson, his wife and the grandkids live in the path near West Palm Beach but I think they're going to be enough south that they should be safe. xoxo

So happy to be back! I'm trying to go back and catch up but may not be able to. Thought of you all every single day!

WOTY 2019: Tenacity / Tenacious. I will not give up.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Got my walk in yesterday .. and helped our daughter clean her apartment. I spent all day going over her paystubs... and trying to break down for her where all her money is going.

Happy Labor day to everyone. I don't have anything planned other than a trip to the fabric store, and then just grilling today.

Praying for everyone in Dorian's path. My brother lives near vero beach, but thank goodness he is still in the nursing home.. and they have a backup generator. It is still very scarry.

Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    August 5: 187.9 -- went on vacation
    August 21: 189.0 -- back starting over again
    August 30: 186.8 --- after a week of watching everything I ate ..... and going to bed slightly hungry for 2 nites.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 186.0 (current weight today)

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I was sorry to read you are having to deal with disability office again! It seems so wrong to me that she would be "punished" for trying to do what she can! You are all in my prayers.

I hope you can get away and have a bit of fun at the fabric store. I took my mom to the fabric shops around here while she was staying with us and it was fun. I found a little quilt shop that I'd been wanting to check out but never had and now it's my new guilty pleasure! LOL The owner actually has bins with pre-cut squares and pre-cut strips which are left over from projects she does, and you can dig through and purchase by the ounce! $1/ounce of precuts. They are random pieces but I had a blast digging through those. I do love my precuts. :smile:

Love and hugs to you my friend. xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone i will get round to posting the updated stats, just been a bit hectic over here, will explain later lol!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,147 Member
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 160.4 - 2
    Scale popped up again after my big whoosh! πŸ˜‚
    Then dropped back down again this morning.

JFT: Mon 2 September [/b]
    My Group activities restart this morning
    • Creative Writing 10.30 am 🌟
    • Monday Painters 2 pm 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • Crochet: sew buttons on cardigan 🌟

JFT: Tue 3 September [/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Craft 10.30 am
    • Crochet Group 7 pm
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Monday 2 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) I was distracted so did not drink enough
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge >:) combination of rain and waiting for the plumber
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)
    Sep challenge >:) too tired will catch up tomorrow?

The plumber did not arrive, at least he phoned to say he was delayed (apparently he's part of the local mountain rescue group and had a call out) .... Hopefully he will arrive tomorrow.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT Recap 9/2

30 minutes exercise :)
    Eat within calories :)
    drink water :)
    get laundry caught up/car cleaned out :/

Not too shabby, though now I'm sitting on the couch with wine doing a whole lot of nothing. Not beating myself up too bad though, back to reality on Wednesday so today is my last day of "freedom"!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post today. Went to a wedding over the weekend and am now the heaviest I've been in some time. Getting back on track starts now! Not so many social events in September which should help.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stay within 50 of green
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break