JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry everyone ive not been on!

I started round two yesterday at 185.6. One pound down from round one :(

How is work going? Are you enjoying it? (I have been out of town a lot recently and I'm sure I've missed your yea or nay on the new job!) I hope you love it! Did the doc give you any exercises for your hip?

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Busy day yesterday .. went to the gym, then walked 5 miles. Found out once again we have to fill out the tons of paperwork to try and keep out daughter on disability. How can we get mad at her for trying to work?? Yet, if she works, they want to take her off disability. She has paranoid schizo . so she can fake working for 1 hour a day. Not enough to live on ... but enough that she can lose disability. So that letter ruined out day yesterday.
    Hubby and I were going to go out to eat, but instead ordered in pizza, and then I gave into a large bowl of ice cream. Not good choices.
    Today I will be going over her bank statement to figure out how much she made all year, and just pray they realize how she needs the disability.

Praying for all those in line for hurricane dorian! Be safe.
    Ugh for those dreaded letters. Have you considered finding a place where she can volunteer instead of earning money? Perhaps you could find enough in your budget to pay her a bit for the volunteer work she would do? Just a huge horrible quandary.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry everyone ive not been on!

I started round two yesterday at 185.6. One pound down from round one :(

How is work going? Are you enjoying it? (I have been out of town a lot recently and I'm sure I've missed your yea or nay on the new job!) I hope you love it! Did the doc give you any exercises for your hip?

Peace and joy!

Thank you for asking. I absolutely love my job! Itโ€™s a whole new field for me and though I was sure that I could handle the administration part of it, I wasnโ€™t prepared for having to interact with the residents and I am finding that a mixed blessing. They are sweet and funny but sadly most seem very lonely. It makes me think of my Mom and I feel bad Iโ€™m not there to visit her regularly.
    I truly love it and am so thankful for the opportunity.

As for my hip, I found out itโ€™s not my hip flexor at all and really itโ€™s the bone in my butt that is causing the issues. My Grandmother would have called it my sitting bone. The doctor feels no exercise would help it, she believes Iโ€™ve torn the tiny fibres in the muscles and tendons that connect to that bone. She has told me to have patience and that it will take time as itโ€™s not a place that I can easily rest. She gave me a prescription anti-inflammatory to see if it would help. Itโ€™s not a lot.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Round 2 -
    SW - 185.6
    CW - 182.4
    The SW is the weight the day we started 2nd round. I managed to lose one pound last time. CW is my daily weigh in.

JFT - Friday Sept 6
    2L of water - โ˜น๏ธ
    Log all Food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Gratitude Journal - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Active 15 minutes - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

JFT - Saturday Sept 7
    2L of water -
    Log all Food -
    Gratitude Journal -
    Active 15 minutes -

Again Iโ€™ve caught up, Iโ€™ll try to catch up responding tomorrow.

I donโ€™t know where that number came from on the scale!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Saturday 7 September

I forgot to post goals yesterday, if I had there'd have been some glum faces as I'd not achieved much in the way of healthy goals. My own fault as I could not put my knitting down!

Today I will be better!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
    Sep challenge
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Rainy Saturday.
    Will stick to my calorie limit and do my sit-ups, crunches, squats and planks.
    Good luck everyone!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 So glad you are loving your job! It sounds like those lonely folks will have a friendly face and that makes me smile.

• korina75
    Options
    Today is my family birthday celebration. We are heading to lunch with family and then going to an arcade place (with food/beer/wine) to hang out for a few hours. I'm looking forward to spending time with family but I already know it's going to be a blowout of day calorie wise. Planning on getting some exercise this morning to counteract the damage but also planning to enjoy, try to be concious of what I'm eating, and then moving on tomorrow.

JFT 9/7

Be mindful of food/drink
    90 minutes of intentional exercise/movement (meditation counts)
    Drink water
    Journal

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:โœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:โœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:โœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: ๐Ÿ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: ๐Ÿ˜œ Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 ๐Ÿ˜ Phew! Itโ€™s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says Iโ€™m โ€˜healthyโ€™ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb Itโ€™s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/08: 159.6
    04/08: 159.8: just a wee bounce ๐Ÿ˜‚
    05/08: 159.4
    06/08: 159.5
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 159.5 - 2.9 ๐Ÿ˜
    I havenโ€™t been in the 150s since Aug 2017

JFT: Fri 6 September
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate๐ŸŒŸ
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Parchment Craft 2pm ๐ŸŒŸ (Finished birthday card for DH!)
    • 6000+ steps ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 15+ mins declutter session ๐ŸŒŸ

JFT: Sat 7 September
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ Physio
    • Laundry๐ŸŒŸ
    • Cut the lawn. We got a new lawnmower๐ŸŒŸ
    • Trim hedges ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Local shopping after lunch
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session ๐ŸŒŸ (bedroom)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I didn't do so well yesterday but today is a new day.

Yesterday 9/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal๐Ÿ˜”
    2. Finish work at 5:20 EVEN IF THERE IS MORE TO DO๐Ÿ˜
    3. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks๐Ÿ˜”

JFT 9/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. NO MORE AM RUNNING. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Pull supplies for challenge book work. Arrange for sub.
    3. Class 1: Act 5 independently. Show HH costume pic. Rank characters in order of interest. Monday: subordinate clauses. Set up new groups for after movie. Print movie questions.
    4. Class 2-3: Challenge book work day. Alt: "How to Succeed." Have sub collect alternate assignments and put in my mailbox.
    5. File papers. Take narratives home to evaluate. Sub request for doctors. Prep progress reports for Monday and include info about PSAT. MUST BE SIGNED. Leave lunch in fridge for Monday.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. NO SNACKING. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! UPON ARRIVING HOME: PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW.
    7. NO Lifting. No rehearsal - text stage manager.
    8. Read 10 pages of Lady from the Black Lagoon. Update Goodreads. Check w mom about yoga tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Leave for yoga by 9:15. (Earlier if I have to pick mom up?) Duo. Apply for haunted house.
    3. Groceries! Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Black Lagoon and update Goodreads.
    4. Laundry - hang clothes. Grade 10 narratives. Take recycling. McKay's.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal. Review lesson plans for next week and update.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Sign up for sub for doctor appointments. Check dates of classes and update semester plan.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. So I came home early and went to bed yesterday. The stuff I've crossed off for today is mostly not stuff I've done but stuff I'm just not going to attempt! I do feel better than I did yesterday, after like... sixteen hours of sleep ;D but I'm still not "all better" better. (I always hesitate a little when someone asks "are you feeling better?" because like... well it depends on what you mean by "better"!)

I'm really proud of being able to manage a half-day and pull together something students could work on independently that wasn't just filler. Especially kind of last-minute while I was feeling gross! So the focus for today is sleep, a bit of housecleaning (putting clothes away, organizing my jewelry ... AGAIN ...) getting some student work graded, and maybe looking ahead to my Malala unit which I've never done before.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Saturday 7 September

I forgot to post goals yesterday, if I had there'd have been some glum faces as I'd not achieved much in the way of healthy goals. My own fault as I could not put my knitting down!

Sounds like a perfect day to me! :smile:

@Snowflake1968 So glad you are loving your job! It sounds like those lonely folks will have a friendly face and that makes me smile.

I agree! I think the residents are lucky to have you! I'll bet there are kind wonderful people working where your mom is who make her smile too. Sort of a pay forward kind of thing... Hugs to you, @Snowflake1968 I'm so glad to hear you love your job!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Discard 5lb challenge Round 2.
    Name: Nikki formerly nlmackey98 (didn't want my email out there)
    SW: 147.2
    CW: 144.2 -3#
    GW: 142
    k

JFT Friday - late, but in
    - 5:30 CrossFit Class :(
    - Work by 8:00 :)
    - Cover the lab, skip meeting :)
    - Take Tim to get his car :smile:
    - Finish up lab work & enter results :smile:
    - Leave by 4:00 ๐Ÿ˜ 4:30
    - Nap 1 hr :smile: 2 hour nap
    - Walk ๐Ÿ˜” listened to body and rested
    - Dinner ๐Ÿ˜” has cereal
    - Bible ๐Ÿ˜” eyes were too tired
    - Tennis ๐Ÿ™‚ watched both matches
    - No alcohol ๐Ÿ™‚
    - No ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚

I feel much better today. Kind of letting the day be fluid.

Hair Appt for kid
    Tennis finals
    WVU football game
    Work for a bit.

Cheers yโ€™all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @korina75 - I donโ€™t get to spend a lot of time with the residents. I see the more independent ones as they come to get money from me or stop me in the hallway. Yesterday for the first time I portered a lady back to her wing from the dining room. Earlier this week I had a lady hold my hand for a bit and tell me she loves me. I said to my husband that Iโ€™m sort of nervous about getting to know these residents as I will inevitably have to see them go. I donโ€™t know how the medical team deals with that. We have had 7 residents pass in the last three weeks. My heart couldnโ€™t handle it I donโ€™t think.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Discard 5 lbs Round 2
    SW: 185 lb
    CW: 184 lb (didn't weigh myself today)
    Challenge Goal: 180 lbs

Just for today | Friday, 9/6
    1. Journal every single bite and every single sip--good, bad and ugly. :smile:
    2. Send my mom a 'good morning' email :smile:
    3. Run errands - condolence card for P, drawer organizers and shelf paper (Dollar Tree) :naughty:
    4. Eye doctor - new Rx for computer glasses (send message) :naughty:
    5. Intentional Activity - 30 minutes :# Did some walking but not actual "activity"
    6. Meet with J to discuss what I missed at team meetings, and get through at least 35 of the 75 unread emails I'm still behind on :sDid my best but didn't get through that many. Not a fail but not a success either.
    7. Go to football game tonight to watch C if weather holds up :smile: WHAT FUN! C played in her first marching band routine at the game and it was awesome! Unfortunately her school does not do well in athletics and when we left at half-time they were down 0 to 49. I felt so bad for the boys out there playing their hearts out! I give the credit for sticking with it and trying!
    8. Start writing down ideas for a good evening routine. This will be a work in progress until I find what will work for me. :naughty:Didn't start this. It has to be sustainable and all my ideas are too "large".
    9. Spend time reading scripture. :naughty:Went to football game after work and crashed when I got home.
    10. Journal before bed about anything on my mind...good or bad...worry or troubleshooting, whatever is on my mind I will write down. :naughty:
    11. Bedtime: Gratitude Journal, Inspirational readings, Calm App or Bible.com daily inspiration, read more of the mystery I started. :naughty:

Yeah, not very successful yesterday, but I am going to focus on the fact that I did get my top priority things done...I stuck to food/water plan and I went and watched granddaughter play at the game. :star:

Not a productive morning up to now. So far I've managed to argue with my husband and have a pity party complete with tears. Yay me!! You go, girl. Way to enjoy the weekend! LOL! :mrgreen:

I have no idea what I'm going to do today. DH is putting our boat into storage for the winter today. It makes me sad since we didn't get the opportunity to use it except for one 2-hour ride all summer. He's spending this weekend getting ready for bow hunting, since the season starts next Saturday. I'm not sure if anyone else's family members on here are deer hunters, but it basically means no more weekends together until sometime in January. So.....time to find a hobby.

Well, best get some goals written down before the day is gone.

Just for today | Friday, 9/6
    1. Journal every single bite and every single sip--good, bad and ugly.
    2. Run errands - condolence card for P, drawer organizers and shelf paper (Dollar Tree)
    3. Intentional Activity - 30 minutes
    4. Continue writing down ideas for a good evening routine. This will be a work in progress until I find what will work for me.
    5. Spend time reading scripture.
    6. Podcasts
    7. Journal before bed about anything on my mind...good or bad...worry or troubleshooting, whatever is on my mind I will write down.
    8. Bedtime: Gratitude Journal, Inspirational readings, Calm App or Bible.com daily inspiration, read more of the mystery I started.

Just for September
    • Update September budget and checkbook
    • Pay bills
    • Prep snacks for work week
    • Meal Plan | Grocery List | Grocery Shop
    • Declutter Tupperware cupboard
    • Declutter bathroom drawers
    • Declutter my closet
    • Research "beginner circuit training"
    • Research home businesses
    • Steins - fall bulbs, buy and plant

WOTY 2019: Tenacity. I will never give up.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

[*] Start writing down ideas for a good evening routine. This will be a work in progress until I find what will work for me. :naughty:Didn't start this. It has to be sustainable and all my ideas are too "large".

What are your grand ideas? Maybe we can break them down into doable things.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 7 September

Today I will be better!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) just I think, the shortbread I'd cooked for guests was rather too tempting!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) it was a beautiful day today and I had a 3 mile walk that included a drink(sparkling water) at the local pub overlooking the sea
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)
    Sep challenge :) caught up the missing days and will try to do better tomorrow

The weather was so good that I did not spend much time sitting and knitting! One of my retirement plans was to have the time to knit so I am fulfilling that goal.

• korina75
    Options
    JFT 9/7 Recap

Be mindful of food/drink :)
    90 minutes of intentional exercise/movement (meditation counts) :'(
    Drink water :)
    Journal :)

Only did a 30 minute brisk walk today. Meant to do so much more but the day got away from me. Had fun with my family celebration and am looking forward to a low key day tomorrow. Although I really will ramp up the workout tomorrow for sure. Tomorrow, lots of water, cooking dinner at home, and no eating out. Birthday celebrations are officially over as of tonight so tomorrow will be a great day to reset and take care of myself.

• KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Stick to my calorie goal today. Keep it simple. LOL.
    Good luck everyone!