JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,793 Member
    Options
    Catching up

Bex953172 - I am just reading about Ash having agoraphobia I don’t know if I knew this before. I hope that the steps into the living room is helpful to him. Can you stay up later to exercise? I’m with you I don’t like an audience when I’m exercising, it’s why a gym membership doesn’t work for me.

Sorry you had such a crappy day, I hope Ash realizes how much you tried.

Cschmitz110515 - I like your response to the young male about the big cookie. Congratulations on a successful run.

Zizzybumble- at least you are getting right back into it since your company has left. I still haven’t and my company left in mid July.

Littleblackskirt- I hope you are getting some time for self care with the responsibilities of your parents.

Aubyshortcake- how did the week go? Did the company fail and go into bankruptcy because you didn’t stay late? My new boss is a registered nurse and I work in a nursing Home. Her favourite thing to say to any of us if we make a mistake or don’t get something done is “did anyone die”? As long as your mistake didn’t cause a fatality she thinks it all can be fixed. I love her.

Pridesabtch - happy belated birthday. I don’t think you’re whining, but I get your sentiment. A few years ago I was so depressed I didn’t even like myself. I truly believe what helped me was a gratitude journal and a daily devotional in the morning. I am not an overly religious person, I don’t go to church regularly and I don’t read my bible regularly but this devotional seemed to speak to me on the days I needed it. My best friend had bought it for me and made me promise to read it that’s how I got started.

As for not feeling like you have anything left to give, maybe it’s time to say no to something. Let the hubby drive the girls, attend the event, worry about lunches and laundry. It sounds like you just have too much on the go all the time.

Toaljasa- I actually laughed out loud about how you get paint under the drop cloths, I do the same thing!

Chemjenny - sorry to hear about your Dad. That’s tough, I know.

Bookmeister86 - sorry you didn’t get the job, but I firmly believe when something doesn’t happen there is a reason. Why on earth do you have to give 3 months notice? Are there not laws that put a restrictions on things like that? I think here the longest notice that has to be given to leave is 6 weeks after 10 years employment. That may have changed as we’ve had been laws implemented recently but three months seems excessive to me. If you absolutely must give that much notice I think I would give my notice too. You would have that time to hoard some money to help out while you were job searching too.

Faebert- I am with you in the struggle.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,288 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 sorry Ash's Birthday didn't pan out for you, but you had your heart in the right place. Juggling kids, pets, partners, jobs can be the pits at times. Don't beat yourself up about things that you didn't cause.

I've reset my UGW and goal for 2019. Wish me luck. Little by little, step by step, I will get where I want to be!

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    19/10: CW: 155.1 - 0.9 weight is bouncing around like a rubber ball! This is where it gets serious. I will keep at it.

JFT: Sat 19 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌻
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌻
    • Knee Physio 🌻
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌻
    • am: Local Shopping 🌻
    • pm: chores/chillax🌻
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌻
    • 7000+ steps🌻
    • 15 mins declutter🌻Bathroom counters/computer files

JFT: Sun 20 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: laundry
    • pm: visit to DED and grandsons
    • Stay up to date with chores
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter

• chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    JFT 10/19
    Track :) should be green. I’ve had trouble syncing today
    Exercise :D besides a walk, which has been my normal mode of exercise, I actually did a fitness tape today for half hour. I haven’t had the motivation to do one in a very long time
    Watch soccer game :) won, 4-2. Tomorrow is my daughters hardest game.
    Declutter in kitchen :) tidied up and threw out all the accumulating Knick knacks my daughter brings home
    Visit dad :) dad was more awake today, and ate well. Very happy

JFT 10/20
    Track
    Go to political rally
    Grocery shop
    Clean up workshop leftover junk.
    Stretch
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    CocoLoris wrote: »
    Hey @Bex953172 - hope you are feeling a bit better (mood wise).
    It's so unfortunate that the dog ate the chocolate. Hopefully you will find a better peace of mind soon and remember that you gave all your attention to Ash and tried your best to make his day better. That’s awesome of you. Not your responsibility and yet you wanted to do it anyways.

That’s a super nice character trait of yours and shows you truly care for others. Hope you extend that love to yourself now as well. Take care !

Thanks so much, I guess it is a nice trait but when it doesn't go right I feel really hard on myself and feel like a complete failure that I can't do anything right :/
    Guess I need to change that, I just want people to be happy! I've always felt that when people are at their worst, even if I could just get them to crack a smile it would be the first step to feeling better.
    But with ash, it's so hard!

Sometimes he proper laughs at my jokes and I have to ask if he actually found it funny lol!

I get what you are saying, but try to remember that people need to feel their emotions too. Good and bad. They calm down and get back to you once they’ve gone through it.

Your heart is in the right place - like TerriRichards says - but you cannot pour out of an empty cup.
    If you are depleting your energy by trying to distract people from their emotions, you will be doing yourself a disservice.

Hope my message came across and I truly hope you are caring for yourself first, then the people you love :-)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    I have managed to get up over 190 again and I’m so disappointed in myself. I am struggling to eat properly, struggling to get off my *kitten* and move, struggling to drink my water. I’m just struggling.

I am really finding my new job and the learning curve that comes with it exhausting. I have now taken over the payroll for all staff, besides the DOS based program I am learning to process it I also have to learn three collective agreements for the three unions. DOS is not unfamiliar to me, it is the first computer program I learned in 1995 but I haven’t used it since 1999 when the world was going to end if we didn’t update computer systems. It is just not as intuitive and requires so much more memorizing than Windows. There is no Help button to push and not even a F key for that!
    Last Friday was the first payday that I was responsible for and there were several complaints. Which made me feel very bad. I have created some processes for this pay period to hopefully make it a better payday this Friday.

Rodger has not directly commented on my weight gain, but has asked me why I haven’t walked lately. We had a cinnamon bun sale at work the other day and I told him it was to raise money for breast cancer when I sent him a picture of my bun, he said that was a good excuse. So my weight gain is obviously disappointing him as much as it is me. I need to get back into my habits and I’m not sure how to find time or energy for it.

To get my water in at work, I’m going to set an alarm to remind me to stop and take a drink. I have been filling my bottle but forgetting to drink. I am going to commit to walking while watching at least one show a night again and I think I’m going to set up a routine for two nights a week to go swimming.

The number one thing I am going to do is start logging consistent and accurately again. I have not been doing that. I also am going to post goals daily and update them too. I have been failing at that too. So I am going to post my goals and I’m going to try to find time to comment to each of you again, this group means so much to me and I feel I’ve been slacking.

See you all in the morning with brand new goals!

It will NOT be disappointing him! He knows you're on this journey and he wants you to do well! He probably thinks that you're going to be disappointed by it and he doesn't want to see you upset about it, so he's probably dropping the little hints not because HES bothered but because he knows you will be!

That is also a lot of things to change at once to get back on track!
    I'd definitely get the logging on track as a priority and see how the others fit in! You might not be able to do it all at once but just add each goal in once you get the logging on track and then build up to doing them goals daily, it might seem a bit overwhelming!

Good luck though!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - you are probably right. He knows how hard I worked at it and how happy I was with my accomplishments.

It is a lot to do at once. I think I’ll post the goals though and see how I do each day. I used to push myself to be able to come back here and be able to say I did it all. It was a great incentive to me if I failed a few days in a row to get back at it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 189.8
    Loss - 1.4

JFT Sunday Oct 20
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

Today would have been my Grandmothers birthday. I was blessed to have her in my life until 2009. She weighed herself every Sunday without fail. If she was over 110 on Sunday she would restrict herself all week. She would eat 1/2 a grapefruit for breakfast and forgo her toast. I don’t remember her making any other changes to be honest, she never exercised other than walking to get the mail a couple days per week and for a couple of Winters I remember her cross country skiing with me on occasion . She did have a cleaning task daily though.

Yesterday, Rodger cut about 300 wood slices for us to start out crafting with for this year. We are going to do a few shows, but probably not as many as the last two years because I am working full time. Today I will go out and sand some when the sun is at its peak.

I’ve missed you all I am going to try my hardest to respond each morning again.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 189.8
    Loss - 1.4

JFT Sunday Oct 20
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

Today would have been my Grandmothers birthday. I was blessed to have her in my life until 2009. She weighed herself every Sunday without fail. If she was over 110 on Sunday she would restrict herself all week. She would eat 1/2 a grapefruit for breakfast and forgo her toast. I don’t remember her making any other changes to be honest, she never exercised other than walking to get the mail a couple days per week and for a couple of Winters I remember her cross country skiing with me on occasion . She did have a cleaning task daily though.

Yesterday, Rodger cut about 300 wood slices for us to start out crafting with for this year. We are going to do a few shows, but probably not as many as the last two years because I am working full time. Today I will go out and sand some when the sun is at its peak.

I’ve missed you all I am going to try my hardest to respond each morning again.

What Bex said! It is so true...my countenance is so much better when I am moving along on my health journey. It's not just because my clothes are looser but I feel better physically and emotionally. I'm not eating the yuck food that does mess with my brain (or so "they" tell me!). Spiritually and emotionally, it is so freeing to know that gluttony doesn't have it's claws sunk into me. And my confidence soars because I am accomplishing a challenge.
    I am not as emotional either.

My husband certainly notices the changes when I'm on and when I'm off and your hubs probably does as well.

You stay on here. You keep checking in with us. I didn't do that this last time and I think it really made me struggle to get back on track. And I think you are right---tracking my food plays a HUGE factor in my weight loss. I hadn't done it for months--maybe most of this year. And just this week, I've tracked every day and I've lost three stinkin' pounds!!!

Peace and joy!!!
  • toaljasa
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I bought some ornaments at the Dollar Tree yesterday and they could really be enhanced with the use of the wood disk. Mine are made from heavy cardboard.

One side has red plaid on it and then a glittery border (you could do rick rack, etc.) and then in the center is a tree or a snowflake or a reindeer...maybe your cricut would come in handy. Now, the back is just the cardboard but I am going to order photos of the kids and cut them to fit the ornament and glue it to the back. Your wood would look pretty enough to stand alone. Add a little bit of xmas greenery to the top and it would be so charming!

You could also, instead of a tree, etc. use your cricut and cut out "peace" "joy", etc. and put on the plaid.

Also the store had ornaments with cut out "peace" "joy" etc. you could do the same with your cricut. Do y'all have dollar trees in Canada? There are several gals who transform dollar tree items into really cute Xmas crafts for next to nothing! I am always impressed with what they do.

Anyway, you probably have already done this a million times but I thought I'd share. It really makes a great look for a lodge themed tree, which is what I'm doing.

I hope y'all make boatloads of moolah!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I have had a successful week on my health journey---first time in many months I can say that.

I have lost three pounds---four more to go
    I have tracked each day---huge help
    I have increased my water intake---thanks, Joan!
    I have exercised or done some kind of major movement such as wash the windows/sliding glass doors in our house.
    I have done a Bible study/journaled
    I have been grateful, trying to do so for the seemingly small things

As I mentioned to @snowflake1968 the tracking has made a huge difference. I just started back consistently this week and I know the three-pound weight loss is mainly because of this.

I do it the first thing each morning or the evening before. It's like budgeting. I have 1200 calories and I allot for each one of them before I eat it...just like I put my dollars in categories before I spend them!

Now, sometimes I change foods...but the deal is because I've already budgeted I can say, "hey I feel like pizza tonight instead of chicken so I'll forgo the 7 chips snack." Sometimes I'll change it on MFP but usually I don't.

Personally speaking, recording after the fact does not help me lose weight. It's a good way to take inventory of what I am eating but it doesn't help me budget the calories or stay in the green.

Coming on here is such an encouragement and a part of my success in losing the weight I have.

Peace and joy sweet people!

73 days left until we start a brand new year!!!! Let's make every day count!
    bzf3jxm3sqol.png

• toaljasa
    Options
    We are finishing up our third Bible Study on Bible.com. Our next one is a 21-day study called Weight Loss God's Way. We will start it up this Wednesday. If you type it in the search box you can do sample days to see if it's something that will interest you.

I have already done this study---it was the seed that got me moving to lose 30 lbs. It is completely free. I went on to become a member of the WLGW group---it costs money each month---but there is no obligation to do so at all. I do think you can sign up to receive encouraging email from the founder for free.

This upcoming study is for anyone. Even if you aren't a Believer, I think you can still take away some nuggets. You do have to sign up with Bible.com but they will not contact you/pressure you, etc. You can sign up for daily reminders or the daily Bible verse but if not, they don't hound or ask for money, etc.

This study has a devotional, Bible verses, and then a short, silly but with a point, a video that relates to the lesson with the author coming on to say some encouraging words. Then there is a place to share thoughts on the study. This study is just for our JFT group so no one else sees our comments.

The first lesson she asks that you choose one thing to do for 21 days: either stop eating at 7 or 8, exercise for 15 minutes, or track your food. Many of us on JFT have been doing these for a while so I don't think choosing one would pertain to us. But if you are just starting your health journey it might be a good thing to do so that you don't get overwhelmed---we tend to want to do all or nothing, right??

If you are interested please private message me and let me know! I'll send out another reminder or two before Wednesday.

Peace and joy!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 20 October

I’m having to use my phone as my iPad is not cooperating. I keep getting a blank screen or just the adverts.

I’ve not done well again today despite good intentions. I visited my parents and they asked me to stay as things are not too good with mums health. This meant I didn’t follow my food or exercise plan and I’ve had more wine than water!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Sunday 20 October

I’m having to use my phone as my iPad is not cooperating. I keep getting a blank screen or just the adverts.

I’ve not done well again today despite good intentions. I visited my parents and they asked me to stay as things are not too good with mums health. This meant I didn’t follow my food or exercise plan and I’ve had more wine than water!

But this is where we say that we are balanced! You are not letting your plan control you! You are putting relationships and time spent on something that will have much more impact on your life. Love on your folks. Drink some wine. And ENJOY!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,288 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ain’t technology great! The gremlins 👻👻👻 are active tonight! The app has shut down 4 times on me on this post when I have used the predictive text feature. Not sure if it’s the latest iPhone update or an MFP glitch. Finally got the post completed.

The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    20/10: CW: 154.6 - 1.4 weight is bouncing around like a rubber ball! This is where it gets serious. I will keep at it.

JFT: Sun 20 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌟
    • am: laundry 🌟
    • pm: visit to DED and grandsons 🌟
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟

JFT: Mon 21 Oct
      New Daily Goals
      Food
      • log All food and drink; stay under goal
      • balance macros/micros
      • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
      Exercise:
      • Knee Physio
      • 7,000+ Steps daily
      • 30 + minutes intentional exercise
      Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
      • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
      • Practice Self-care
      • Positively reframe thoughts
      • Learn something new
      • 15 mins Daily Declutter session
      • 10.30 am: Creative Writing
      • 2 pm: Monday Painters
      • 6.30 pm: Library Poetry

• awhit4842
      awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
      Options
      JFT Monday
      1. Log all food
      2. Workout at home
      3. Drink 150oz water
      4. Meditate
      5. Journal
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
      Options
      Another new week, how fast they go! @toaljasa I'm loving your count down to the end of the year, makes it seem more achievable somehow :)

I wanted to achieve so much this year and now I'm thinking it's already October and so much not done!
      However, although I haven't lost all the extra weight, I have lost 7lbs.
      Although I haven't found a "cure" for my back problems, after a lot of effort I'm having acupuncture and exercises which have eased it a bit.
      Although I didn't get my house cleared out and a new carpet laid (odd aim I know!), I did work hard in the garden and made it really lovely. I also rediscovered how at peace being in the garden makes me.
      I made a conscious decision to practice gratitude and feel happiness whenever possible.
      So in many ways it's been a good year. And I can keep working to make next year even better.

JFT Monday21st October

Back exercises
      Do not buy chocolate
      Gratitude
      Walk

yI haven't had time to walk recently, and want to start doing a bit more to see how my back copes. I'm thinking I might go out for a short walk after Mum is in bed at night, just round the local streets. It's cold and dark though, so will need to force myself!

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
      Options
      oops forgot this bit...

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
      SW: 181
      GW: 176
      CW: 21/10 178 -3lbs