Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday Oct 29
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

I had a busy day at work yesterday and a busy evening last night. I skimmed through the posts but didn’t have time to comment. I am at work now, so not much time this morning either. I’ll try to get caught up tonight, but I have to go into the city to get a skirt from a friend and to get more pompoms for my Halloween costume. I bought 8 bags but it just wasn’t quite enough.

Have a great day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Love, love, love the photo of you with volcano!

@HEGoddard0928 Happy to see you back (((hugs)))

@aubyshortcake Maybe you won't miss "the north" so much when you hear we had snow overnight... in October! I'll post several photos in a minute. Tbh, I love the change of seasons... life would be so boring with same weather every day.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,386 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hello friends,

I am feeling embarrassed at how long it has been since I’ve posted. I feel like I’ve let everyone down, and let myself down. Over the last year, I am up 20 pounds from where I was. I know the number isn’t everything, but I am out of shape, eating crappy, and not taking care of myself in general. And getting sick of it. I need to get back on track, and I know I can. This amazing community was a huge part of what got me healthy before and I’m hopeful will help get me back again. I know I need to do to do the work and it will be hard. Start before you’re ready right?

Here’s where I need all of you-where do I start?! I’ve been thinking and struggling. There’s just so much I want to change and I feel like I have so much going on already. Any suggestions are gratefully welcome. I have so missed all of you and am looking forward to catching back up. Once I pick a habit or two, I plan to come back to posting daily.

Much love to my fitness family!

I'm right there with you, 20+ pounds up and embarrassed. I pop in and out, but never seem to be able to get back into the swing of things. Bex and Terri both offered great advise on setting goals. Goals can seem daunting because I always go to grand and forget that the big stuff starts with small stuff.

For the rest of the year...
    - Get up by 6:30 and shower before work
    - Have only one piece of candy per day

It's only 9:30 and I've already missed on both of those goals. Today I'll say no more than 2 pieces of candy, because there is no reason to go overboard just because I slipped. Right?

If I can get those down, I'll start logging again. Eating all the junk is why I don't log. I just don't want to see it, but I need to. Silly really. It isn't like I don't know I'm doing it.

Hubby, counselor and I think part of my problem is that I'm over medicated. I've been telling Tim that for over a year. I just keep getting more distant from life. I admit I am better than I was when I first started seeing my current psychiatrist, but I also have no joy, not even hope for joy. Tim is going to go with my to the psychiatrist next week and help me talk to him. I tend to get anxious when I'm there and not articulate very well and back down too easily. We started with 1 med and he kept adding, chasing symptoms. Not a bad thing, but I think that 1st med was maybe wrong starting point. If we had a different starting point it may have covered many of the symptoms itself without so many add-ons. I currently take 5 medications and 10 pills a day (+ thyroid med), it's just a lot. Anyway, wish me luck.

@Faebert You are amazing. Try to remember that. You inspire me to do better and to be better. How long have you been running? Did you start this weigh loss journey as someone who already exercised?

@Snowflake1968 Sooooo glad you found your ring. I lost a treasured brooch given to me by my great-grandmother for my wedding. My mom accidentally threw the box away thinking it was empty. I would have searched the trash, but she did it weeks before I came home. I was crushed, but it was an accident and nothing could be done.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap M 10/28 ~ No dog walk before work. Recently she starting limping occasionally. We finally realized last night that inside of one hind leg is slightly swollen, although appears to be no injury. We're going to try rest for now, and hopefully she heals without visit to vet. Sad me. :'(
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,772 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 32 floors :)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water (low over weekend with busy-ness) = Halloween candy... oops. Net calories -200 :( , sodium green :) , sugar -7, fiber ok, protein excellent, 12c water
    3) Update weekly w-i post :) / 5# challenge post :)
    4) Prep for GA-R(ROP) observation (this week?) :# not really but got PA-RM initiated :) / clear more Inbox :smiley: terrific progress / chapter emails & registration cancellation issue :)
    5) Evening: get some to-do's done = Lots done :smiley: ~ bank, plastic bags to recycle bin & picked up milk on way home; called mom & dad for wonderful chat > 1 hour (he turns 85 next Monday) <3 ; organized notes; wrote check for radiologist; online surveys for weekend errands; eggroll order form
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 :neutral: little after / FLOSS :mrgreen: / RETAINERS :mrgreen: / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley:

JFT T 10/29 ~ Haven't seen dog limping yesterday or today, hopefully she's healing. No dog walk this a.m.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Have meals & snacks planned in my head so prelog / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Really... prep for observation of GA-R(ROP)
    4) Evening to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train W a.m. before work)

Last night, prepped clothes for x-train workout before work this morning. Then woke up in middle of night (again), talked to hubby a bit since he was home from work, and reset alarm. Why am I doing this? I used to sleep the night through no problem. This is starting to annoy me.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Thank you for the warm welcome back. *hugs and love to all* It is incredibly inspiring to see so many of the same people still on here posting regularly-you all rock! I really appreciate all the fantastic advice. I think one of my goals will be to log and post on here at least 3 times a week. I think daily is going to be too much for now. @Bex953172 I am taking your suggestion of an easy goal and a hard goal. My easy goal will be water intake. It is what started off my fitness path last time, and something I do pretty naturally so I don't see it being too hard to add this back in. My hard goal will be my nemesis-going to bed on time dun Dun DUN! I have the hardest time with this, and time management in general.

@bookmeister86 you really hit the nail on the head. I didn't think I had much I was emotionally struggling with, but when I read your post I started crying. I am so bogged down at work that I have nothing left when I get home. Cue the emotional eating and zoning out in front of the TV or my phone. I am missing the living part of life, and feel like I'm just going through the motions. I am not sure how to fix this yet, but I appreciate the wake up call you gave me.

@pridesabtch Thank you for your compassion and understanding. It helps so much to know I'm not alone. I'm here for you too, and we'll get there!

JFT:
    log 3x a week
    post on JFT 3x a week ✔✔
    80 oz. water
    bed at 9, lights out 9:30
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. 3 more waters before leaving work ✔
    3. Make tomorrows lunches, pack soup to share ✔ on lunches 👎 on soup
    4. Shower tonight, not tomorrow ✔
    5. QT with DH ✔
    6. Bed by 930 ✔

JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Only 2 pieces of candy
    3. Pack soup to bring to work
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Run dish washer
    6. Water!!!
    7. Bed by 930
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Thank you for the warm welcome back. *hugs and love to all* It is incredibly inspiring to see so many of the same people still on here posting regularly-you all rock! I really appreciate all the fantastic advice. I think one of my goals will be to log and post on here at least 3 times a week. I think daily is going to be too much for now. @Bex953172 I am taking your suggestion of an easy goal and a hard goal. My easy goal will be water intake. It is what started off my fitness path last time, and something I do pretty naturally so I don't see it being too hard to add this back in. My hard goal will be my nemesis-going to bed on time dun Dun DUN! I have the hardest time with this, and time management in general.

@bookmeister86 you really hit the nail on the head. I didn't think I had much I was emotionally struggling with, but when I read your post I started crying. I am so bogged down at work that I have nothing left when I get home. Cue the emotional eating and zoning out in front of the TV or my phone. I am missing the living part of life, and feel like I'm just going through the motions. I am not sure how to fix this yet, but I appreciate the wake up call you gave me.

@pridesabtch Thank you for your compassion and understanding. It helps so much to know I'm not alone. I'm here for you too, and we'll get there!

JFT:
    log 3x a week
    post on JFT 3x a week ✔✔
    80 oz. water
    bed at 9, lights out 9:30

Lol! I NEVER go to bed on time!
    Ever.
    I keep forgetting that I'm 27 and a mum, not 17 LOL
    I stay up all night watching telly and playing games..
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I am feeling embarrassed at how long it has been since I’ve posted. I feel like I’ve let everyone down, and let myself down. Over the last year, I am up 20 pounds from where I was. I know the number isn’t everything, but I am out of shape, eating crappy, and not taking care of myself in general. And getting sick of it. I need to get back on track, and I know I can. This amazing community was a huge part of what got me healthy before and I’m hopeful will help get me back again. I know I need to do to do the work and it will be hard. Start before you’re ready right?

Here’s where I need all of you-where do I start?! I’ve been thinking and struggling. There’s just so much I want to change and I feel like I have so much going on already. Any suggestions are gratefully welcome. I have so missed all of you and am looking forward to catching back up. Once I pick a habit or two, I plan to come back to posting daily.

Much love to my fitness family!

I'm right there with you, 20+ pounds up and embarrassed. I pop in and out, but never seem to be able to get back into the swing of things. Bex and Terri both offered great advise on setting goals. Goals can seem daunting because I always go to grand and forget that the big stuff starts with small stuff.

For the rest of the year...
    - Get up by 6:30 and shower before work
    - Have only one piece of candy per day

It's only 9:30 and I've already missed on both of those goals. Today I'll say no more than 2 pieces of candy, because there is no reason to go overboard just because I slipped. Right?

If I can get those down, I'll start logging again. Eating all the junk is why I don't log. I just don't want to see it, but I need to. Silly really. It isn't like I don't know I'm doing it.

Hubby, counselor and I think part of my problem is that I'm over medicated. I've been telling Tim that for over a year. I just keep getting more distant from life. I admit I am better than I was when I first started seeing my current psychiatrist, but I also have no joy, not even hope for joy. Tim is going to go with my to the psychiatrist next week and help me talk to him. I tend to get anxious when I'm there and not articulate very well and back down too easily. We started with 1 med and he kept adding, chasing symptoms. Not a bad thing, but I think that 1st med was maybe wrong starting point. If we had a different starting point it may have covered many of the symptoms itself without so many add-ons. I currently take 5 medications and 10 pills a day (+ thyroid med), it's just a lot. Anyway, wish me luck.

@Faebert You are amazing. Try to remember that. You inspire me to do better and to be better. How long have you been running? Did you start this weigh loss journey as someone who already exercised?

@Snowflake1968 Sooooo glad you found your ring. I lost a treasured brooch given to me by my great-grandmother for my wedding. My mom accidentally threw the box away thinking it was empty. I would have searched the trash, but she did it weeks before I came home. I was crushed, but it was an accident and nothing could be done.

@pridesabtch - absolutely not! I never exercised before I started this whole thing and never saw myself as athletic, especially not running! I have shared pics on here of me 50lbs heavier and I thought of myself as chubby for most of my childhood. It’s been quite a journey to get here, and to be honest I still question who I am and whether the real ‘fat’ me inside will win again...
  • Faebert
    Options
    Late jumping on today but I have had a good day so far. Starting to feel a bit more like myself again...actually ran to work and home and lunchtime as well as my morning workout today. Sore now though..!

Monday goals recap:
    - rest day ✅
    - Packs snacks and schoolbag ✅
    - Buy congratulations card and flowers on way to school ✅
    - Early to school, prep presentation ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Agree drop off time for L sleepover ✅
    - Call hospital to check timings for pre-op appt 😕 Tried three times but no answer
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Face paints and hair chalk for Halloween? ❎
    - Book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ✅

Goals for Tuesday:
    morning workout ✅
    Pack snack and running bag ✅
    Run to work ✅
    Email parent re logins ✅
    Call hospital to check timings ✅
    Run home for car and shake ✅
    Finalise timings for P sleepover ✅
    Grocery shopping on way home ✅
    Online shopping
    Muscle relax bath
    Lay out running kit
    Bed by 9:30

Catch up with you all later. Like @bookmeister86 I will be watching the Bake Off final. And desperately avoiding the sweet snacks while I do it!! X
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    First day back at work today. Baaaaaaaaah.
    Don't feel particularly stressed about it but would very much prefer not to go! Oh well, I'll make the best of it and this evening I get to watch the final of Bake Off :)

Do you know, since I saw you post about this show, I started watching it on Netflix! Now I'm all excited to see who wins tonight too! LOL! I have my favorite that I'm rooting for... :smile:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Happy to have shared the bake off joy!

I like David, but not sure he's as good as the other two based on last week.

But they are all lovely people so will support whoever makes the best bakes on the day!

• Faebert
    Options

But they are all lovely people so will support whoever makes the best bakes on the day!

See I think they are all pleasant enough people, but none of them is interesting enough for me to be that bothered about the winner, whereas in previous years I’ve had a favourite in the final. Although it was right for him to go, I really had a soft spot for Henry this year :-(
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

See I think they are all pleasant enough people, but none of them is interesting enough for me to be that bothered about the winner, whereas in previous years I’ve had a favourite in the final. Although it was right for him to go, I really had a soft spot for Henry this year :-(

Me too! If he'd been in the final I'd have rooted for him...
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    @faebert You are an athlete!! Can only wish could maintain your pace. Great job.
    @snowflake (Even tho it's been a few days), so glad you found that ring.

Cut out sugar almost a week ago (99%) and my mind is clearer, more productive and feel so much better.
    Trying to visit MFP daily for reinforcement.
    Upping the daily water intake
    Overslept this am and didn't make the workout but will tomorrow. (I've gotten worse lately; having trouble falling asleep and going back to sleep after the alarm goes off.)
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Dinner is almost ready. I have an oven now that we are in the front house so I made oven-baked pork chops with spices and have peas heating up in the microwave. It's a nice simple dinner. Matt and I are both feeling pretty terrible so a warm and simple dinner is going to be nice. And I'm happy that I am actually using my oven to make something other than brownies. Lol.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    29/10: CW: 151.6 - 4.4 🌻

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,000+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Tue 29 Oct
    Goals: 🌻 Did really well on steps today.
    Activities:
    • Accounts: ...ongoing ...
    • 👍🏻 👣 Sole Mates 👣(private walking group) Compile November strength spreadsheet ✅
    • 👍🏻 UAC: compose/post November intro
    • 2.30pm: Hairdresser's ✅
    • 👍🏻 7pm: Theatre - Playboy of the Western World ( W B Yeats✅
    JFT: Wed 30 Oct
    Goals:
    Activities
    • grocery shopping
    • Accounts

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! I'm 19 pages behind! I'll have to try and catch up over the next few days.

I had a huge shock over the weekend. Matt weighs less then I do now. He's dropped 20lbs since August, just by going back to work. I almost cried. Why can't I do that??

Well I know why. Because I have absolutely no discipline in my life when it comes to food and exercise. For example, I said I was going to get up at 445 and do some yoga. Well I didn't get up until 5:11 and that's only because Matt bugged me until I did. Granted I'm getting over a cold, but still. This is the kind of thing I mean.

So Matt and I had a conversation Saturday night about food. About snacking and cooking and things like that. So I've been looking up easy snacky things that I can cook in my oven over the weekend that aren't terrible for you. So I have a few things bookmarked that I'm going to try out. I might even try to enlist Matt's help. Maybe give us some fun couples time together, ya know?

Anyway, sorry for my ramble.

JFT, 10/29/19

1. Log my food(good/bad/ugly) :)Even the huge brownie I had in lew of lunch
    2. Drink 64oz of water :)Almost. But definitely before I go to bed.
    3. Create shopping list :)And set up an online grocery pick up for Saturday
    4. If no Hybridge, actually rest! :pKinda.

So I made it less than a full school period before I had to come home this morning. I was getting super overheated and was lightheaded more often than I wasn't. So I came home and laid in bed attempting to catch up on the 3 weeks of JFT I missed. Lol. Slowly chipping away at the 19 pages. I also took a 2.5-hour nap.

I may have overdone it a little bit though because I had to run to the laundromat to do a small load of laundry and then ran to Walmart and Walgreens for Halloween things for school tomorrow and Thursday. By the time I got home I was worn down. I ended up laying down with Matt and watching a few episodes of a youtube series we watch. Matt fell asleep and I cooked dinner. Lol. It was really yummy. I think I used a little too much seasoning so I will adjust that the next time I make it. But it's 2 hours later and I am still pretty full. I cut the meat into smaller pieces and actually savored what I was eating. It had a bit of a kick so I spaced out the meat with the peas that we had with it. Lol. I ate it all and wasn't terribly uncomfortable so I am going to take that as a win.

It's almost 8 pm and honestly, I think I'm gonna get ready for bed. I've been going to bed around 9ish since school started. It's still hard to get up before 5:30. I want to try and get up around 5:15 tomorrow. Okay! I'm gonna post a few goals for tomorrow.

JFT, 10/30/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Don't feel subconscious in my costume
    3. Say no to candy/only one piece of pizza at the party
    4. 64oz of water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Me too! If he'd been in the final I'd have rooted for him...

Me too!!! I was so sad when he was sent home! Now I kind of have a soft spot for Steph. :)