Replies

• Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of accountability.
    1. Drink 4 glasses water(I’m terrible at this so goal is low)πŸ˜ƒ
    2. Log all foodπŸ˜ƒ
    3. NO SUGAR BESIDES ICED COFFEEπŸ˜ƒ
    4. 3 vegetables, 1 fruitπŸ˜„(this was hard!)
    5. Only whole grains and protein, no white stuffπŸ˜ƒ
    6. ExerciseπŸ˜ƒ
    7. Log on here if strugglingπŸ˜ƒ
    8. Weigh myself for accurate starting point[/quote]πŸ˜ƒ

Today went great! Reacquainting myself with hunger. Under calories. Amazed at how hard the veggies were to get in. Will focus more on ones I really like. Grabbed baby carrots and peppers because quick and easy. Spent way too much time peeing from the water, don’t like that. Knowing I was posting here made it easier psychologically to get through cravings.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Before I Sleep...
    I Am A Believer!
    I Believe in You, I Believe in Me. I Believe in Hoping when you physically can't see a reason to.
    I believe I trying, and that trying leads you to winning. I Believe that in believing comes
    the power and strength to overcome doubt which diminishes fear.
    FEAR IS A PERPETRATOR...
    F - FALSE
    E - EVIDENCE
    A - APPEARING to be
    R - REAL
    FEAR DILUTES FAITH AND BELIEF IF WE ALLOW IT. BUT I AM A BELIEVER!!!
    I BELIEVE WE WILL CONQUER OUR GOALS ONE DAY AT A TIME, ONE STEP AT A TIME,
    ONE RIGHT CHOICE AT A TIME.
    I BELIEVE OUR ATTITUDES WILL GIVE US ALTITUDE!
    I BELIEVE WE'RE STRONGER, WISER, AND MORE DETERMINED THAN LAST MONTH, LAST WEEK
    EVEN.
    I BELIEVE OUR BOND AS WOMEN IS GREATER THAN ANY WEIGHT WE TRY TO
    CARRY, AND THAT OUR LOVE AND UNITY IS FULFILLING. YESSS!!!! I BELIEVE THAT
    DAILY WE'RE GETTING BETTER IN OUR PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH.
    WE ARE NOT EATING JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE MOUTHS, WE ARE NOT LIVING TO EAT,
    WE ARE EATING RIGHT TO ADD LIFE, POWER, AND ENERGY TO OUR BODIES.
    I BELIEVE IN EACH OF YOU, AND I BELIEVE IN ME.
    WE GOT THIS!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I finally realized I needed to do something incompatible so did some sewing. Next hurdle will be the quilt retreat this week. Thurs-Sunday.

A quilt retreat sounds lovely right about now! What do you do? Are there classes or sessions? Is it just you and some friends who get together, or is it a quilt store or group that puts it on? Have a wonderful time!

@HEGoddard0928 I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I agree with everyone that you are doing what your hubby needs most just by following his lead and being there when he needs it. Hugs sweetie.

@Bex953172 I got the binding attached this weekend! Just sewing it down on the front of the quilt now and I'll be done! So excited!

@slittlemeister Good luck on the half marathon! Very cool. How did everything work out for you with your company's reorganization? I think I missed it. Did you end up with a job you like better?

@Snowflake1968 Crossing my fingers for you to get a call back soon!

@mytime6630 and @maryrobinson40 Praying for your daughters and for you! I hope things are calming down a bit and that you are all finding some peace. HUGS to you both.

@Faebert I wish I had even one=tenth of your willpower! You inspire me all the time.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I need to get on the scale tomorrow, its been a while. A little nervous and i keep finding excuses. So sharing here, tomorrow i will weigh in but i will also remember the scale is data not a judgement.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 1-28-19

1. Log all food😁
    2. Take shower before work😁
    3. Bring lunch😁
    4. Food in the crock pot😁
    5. Drink 4 bottles of water😐3
    6. Weigh in😒Done...but I almost cried... this is the heaviest I've been in more then a year
    7. Catch up on work stuff(not looking forward to this) 😐 Terrible morning, better after lunch
    8. Food store after work 😒 Left my reusable bags at home and used that as an excuse not to go
    9. Dinner/dishes πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜‡I did both!!! THERE IS NOT A SINGLE DISH IN MY SINK!!!
    10. Fold clothesπŸ˜†Spent time with Matt
    11. Bed prep at 930 😁
    12. Lights out by 10 30😁 Laying in bed now.

JFT, 1-29-18

1. Log all food
    2. Bring lunch
    3. Drink 4 bottles of water
    4. Weigh in
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Food store
    7. Get clothes from parents house
    8. Fold clothes
    9. Spend time with Matt
    10. Bed prep 930
    11. Bed time 1030
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JFT (after work only) Jan 28 Report:
    • two shopping stops on the way home (in-and-out's ... 1 item each place .... MAY be able to get both at first stop) B)
    • early supper / leave in plenty of time for Monday Conversational French Toastmasters meeting B)
    • another 10 minutes of exercise after the meeting so that I meet UAC daily goal (will be 2 x 5 minute HIIT sessions on the bike for max burn in short time) B)
    • make sure car is plugged in and windshield cover in place (BIG & LONG snow-dump starts ~10:00 pm tonight and won't stop falling until at least middle of Tues night) B) (also filled up the gas tank)
    • Measure / Pre-log / Pack Tuesday Lunch and snack TONIGHT to allow extra time for snow shovelling AND early out of the driveway tomorrow. B)B) Double-check because I pre-measured and logged breakfast too! :#

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A good day yesterday but I’m stressed this morning as I have a formal observation today. Hate this about teaching!
    I understand that they need to check to make sure standards stay high but it’s still nerve wracking β€˜performing’ in front of senior staff. Especially when they year group I teach is so young. You could have a perfectly planned lesson but then they do something bonkers! Anyway, deep breaths and remember that in a few hours it will be over. It’s not a disaster if it goes wrong, I think the worst that happens is they ask you to do it again. But the last few I’ve had have been graded outstanding so I really want another win! Moving on to goals...normally do hot yoga on a Tuesday night but snow is forecast for this evening and I don’t really want to get stuck. Will take a call on it at lunchtime (when I should have had my lesson feedback) and work out what to do. We have a meeting after school so I would def need to run home lunchtime for the car if I want to make the 5:30 class.

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout βœ…
    - Early to work - meeting, GaG, reply to parent emails βœ…
    - Print work from weekend βœ…
    - Find counters for lesson tomorrow! βœ…
    - Prep resources before leaving βœ…
    - Health food store after work βœ…
    - Online grocery shop - remember stuff for L birthday tea party βœ…
    - look online for coat for L βœ… bought one - and some pretty jewellery too so bday presents all organised and will pick up on Wednesday βœ…
    - Early night βœ…

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout (this should help me get my game face on for this morning!)
    - Assign partners for observation lesson βœ… already made the list this morning
    - Set out whiteboards and pens on arrival at school
    - Obs lesson - read through plan during assembly, stay focused and positive, remember key questions to extend/tackle misconceptions
    - Car at lunchtime??
    - Hot yoga after work??
    - 2ltr water
    - Early night

Hope you all have a great day x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :neutral: Just finishing the third now...
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though I really could have done with some after the day I had!

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Need to get into the habit on this one!

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Leave work at 6.30pm :/ 7pm
    - French homework! :/ I need to learn that I never have the energy to do this on a weeknight...
    - Call boyfriend :smile:
    - Sort out podcasts :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food and drink plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Train home after concert - no extra drink
    - Meditate/ French podcast
    - Gratitude journal
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

6. Weigh in😒Done...but I almost cried... this is the heaviest I've been in more then a year

9. Dinner/dishes πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜‡I did both!!! THERE IS NOT A SINGLE DISH IN MY

Sorry about your weigh-in, that must have been frustrating and disappointing. You have been through a lot lately though, particularly with your MIL's passing, so don't beat yourself up about it. Also, remember that we ALL slip and go backwards from time to time, when life gets in the way. I've been on MFP trying to get to my goal weight for about 5 years, and my weight has gone up and down hugely in that time! You've been lighter before so you know how to get back there, and I know you will - one day at a time!

And also... way to go on the dishes! That must feel amazing :smile: I managed to get to the bottom of the dishes yesterday for the first time in weeks and the clear side is beautiful. I managed it because my boyfriend is away and not generating dishes. I don't really cook when he's away so dishes aren't messed up :D
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 29 January

Time to start the process of getting back on track after my holiday splurge!

Log accurately
    Make good choices, may not be in the green as I'm eating out tonight but need to move on from holiday eating and being a long way into the red
    Log water - unlikely to meet January challenge as I'm travelling today
    30 minutes activity of some sort
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 28th:
    -Go for a run πŸ‘
    -Stick to meal plans πŸ‘
    -Take care of hands πŸ‘
    -Get to bed when tired πŸ‘Ž
    -Get everything together for green card interview πŸ‘
    -Shop healthy for the week πŸ‘

January 29th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Clean the house
    -Don't give in to cravings
    -Moisturize hands
    -Go to bed when tired
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Fitatelo wrote: Β»
    January 28th:
    -Go for a run πŸ‘
    -Stick to meal plans πŸ‘
    -Take care of hands πŸ‘
    -Get to bed when tired πŸ‘Ž
    -Get everything together for green card interview πŸ‘
    -Shop healthy for the week πŸ‘

January 29th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Clean the house
    -Don't give in to cravings
    -Moisturize hands
    -Go to bed when tired

Well done! Lots of thumbs up!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,029 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    1/28/19 Mon. A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: πŸ™‚ 159.4 happy that I weighed, but not necessarily the actual weight.
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me. 😞 Only 2.
    Stay in the Green πŸ™‚
    Stay focused!!! 😐Not whole day, but meh.
    Bedtime: midnight -- In the bed at that time. 😞

JFT 1/29/19 Tues. A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh:
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!!
    Bedtime: midnight

@Bex953172 thanks for your post to me about water. Looks like there's a couple others like me--struggling just to have 4 cups. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll get there eventually.

Someone else mentioned the bathroom time with all the water. Yeah, that too. Plus I hate having to go to restrooms at restaurants etc. that's an issue for me.

My main focus right now is staying in the green. But I'm trying with the water, exercise & bedtime, too.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    JFT (before work only) Jan 29 REPORTING
    • out of bed RIGHT when alarm rings B)
    • NO OPENNING A BOOK! Time is of the essence because traffic WILL be bad! B)o:)
    • weigh-in / 2 X 5 minute HIIT / cook breakfast. (finish by 6:45) B)
    • Check Google Maps / Directions for traffic time estimate ... B) Decide (due to findings AND amount of snow clearing needed) whether to eat breakfast at home or pack it & coffee to have at the office instead Ate at home
    • Clear snow only sufficient to get car out of the driveway and leave in good time . B) Out of the driveway by 7:38 - early record for me.

JFT (after work only) Jan 29 GOALS
    • Check Google Maps for best route home - expect a long drive.
    • another 2 X 5 minutes HIIT right when I get home (good for plus-or-minus 120 calories burned in seemingly no time )
    • Jogging / exergame before supper (can be relatively short now that I am starting to consider this my "Active Rest activity" rather than my "primary calorie burner")
    • Toastmasters getting the Level One requirements DONE after supper
    • Pre-weigh / pre-pack breakfast & lunch for tomorrow - pre-log everything for tomorrow including anticipated supper (did it once - can do it again .... )
    • Enter all my various MFP accountability reports
    • Wash up dishes (?)
    • Make sure car is plugged in and snow-screen on windshield before turning in

JFT (before work only) Jan 30 GOALS
    • out of bed RIGHT when alarm rings
    • NO OPENNING A BOOK! Time is of the essence because traffic WILL be bad!
    • weigh-in / 2 X 5 minute HIIT / cook breakfast. (finish by 6:55) PACK breakfast and take to the office to eat.
    • Check Google Maps / Directions for traffic time estimate and best route
    • Clear snow only sufficient to get car out of the driveway and leave before 7:30 (another bad driving day expected)

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Coffee! Log 1 item. Take shoes! Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM. Take kettle!
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. Update class websites. Print study guides for Act 1-2. Update WLGs.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over WLGs. Return copies of indefinite pronouns. ANNOUNCEMENT. Correct together. Act 1-2 study guide. HW: Caesar Prediction / indefinite pronouns. PULL B FOR CHEWOUT.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Grade late work. Have PF eval keyed work, mark scores on sheet, and return to portfolios. Input grades. B - Call parents. Call dr and set up appt. Initial discussion post. C - Print and revise D&D handout. Grade while at lunch duty. D - Two discussion comments. Check on Week 4 project. Blog post.
    5. Class 4: Go over WLGs.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Put the rest of the laundry away.
    7. Run. Text B. Call parents (mine). Meet parents (students). Bring charge cords home!
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45, devices off by 10:00. PF EVAL WORK THU??

JFT Tuesday - SCHOOL CANCELLED!
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Quiz. Discussion post.
    3. Prep cheese. Cook rice. Portion saag.
    4. Check with B and parents about lunch. Lunch with parents! Aim for small portions.
    5. Review unit 2 plans and update due to snow day.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:45. Zumba 6:00. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Honors also needs practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases.
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

@Faebert - How did the observation go? I hate, hate, HATE getting observed. Especially since there are a few points on which I STRONGLY disagree with certain administrators. That got me on the naughty list a few years ago and I've been careful to keep my head down ever since. But it still sucks.

@slittlemeister - Grats on the half! Got another one planned? I'll keep my fingers crossed that things smooth out for you at your job.

@BMcC9 - How do you deal with going out to eat on your Ultimate Challenge thing? Does logging your best guess count, or do you have to use a pass?

Snow day today, so it's housework, meal prep, visiting with family, and coursework for me. Probably a little grading and lesson planning, if I'm honest, despite being "off the clock." I'm NOT feeling like doing the coursework, but that really needs to happen today, ESPECIALLY since I don't have school! (It'd need to be done today anyhow! NO EXCUSES!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    HOMEMADE ROAST POTATOES
    Someone had these the other day and didnt know how to log it, i just weigh the potato on my plate, so say 100g, and then make a guess on the butter/oil but a high guess so like 20g, just to make sure i covered it.

Sorry i cant remember who posted x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sisters!!