January 15th:
    -Went for a run
    -Took a nap
    -Completed morning & evening hygiene routines
    -Made a healthy dinner
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    1/15
    Worked on a concept & ideas for an art piece...
    - Did a little research ... quite exciting some of the connections
    - brainstormed ideas
    - thought of different colors to use
    - got out my folders of collage papers in those colors (glad I took the time to sort them LOL)
    - got out some books to guide with the drawing/composition

Now, off to work on it more!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    HatherM wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Self care:
    Worked out which I do enjoy
    Made lots of tea throughout the night
    Took a candlelit bath in stead of a quick shower after workout
    Watched a funny show i never saw before (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix) - silly but funny and sweet.

OMG I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt it's so funny, if you enjoy that try Schitt's Creek :)

Yes, U. Kimmy Schmidt is so endearing. I will try Schitt’s when I’m done with Kimmy. :)
  • RubyRed427
    Self care: got a facial and 1/2 hour massage today after work. It was so relaxing; i felt like I was floating.
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    This is going to sound really lame I made it my goal to eat lunch this week. Normally I get so wrapped up in things at work that I forget or snack on unhealthy things during the day. I have made it to lunch 3 of 5 days so far this week. Also I have been reading a good book and have gotten amazing sleep every night this week. Every morning for 30+ minutes while eating breakfast I have a SAD light on... what an amazing difference that has made!!! I am more energized during the day and sleep great at night. This is the best I have felt in years!! I got the light as a Christmas gift from someone else who uses it. Between eating right, exercising and the light therapy I feel like a new person 😊
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Self care:
    Watched a funny show i never saw before (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix) - silly but funny and sweet.

OMG I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt it's so funny, if you enjoy that try Schitt's Creek :)

Yes, U. Kimmy Schmidt is so endearing. I will try Schitt’s when I’m done with Kimmy. :)

YAsss I love Schitt's Creek. So good. The Good Place is another good one. :)
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    WonderKP wrote: »
    Self care:

YAsss I love Schitt's Creek. So good. The Good Place is another good one. :)

Yay!! Most of my friends don't get Schitt's Creek and I miss not having anyone to talk about how fabulous it is :)
  • naomilife3000
    naomilife3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Yesterday...
    Followed a schedule that kept me productive so I wouldn't waste the day.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Earlier in bed has helps me these past days
    Made plans to see friends
  • RubyRed427
    Went to one hour recharge yoga class right after work.Tons of breathing, stretching, in such a calming atmosphere. Will take a bath now. Did some additional self care browsing at TJMaxx and bought a travel glass tea mug where you put your loose tea in the little strainer on top of it. Hope it works as good as it looks. Xo
  • 57discovery
    Movie in bed. Felt good
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    January 16th:
    -Got to the gym
    -Took a nap
    -Completed morning & evening hygiene routines
    -Journaled

January 17th:
    -Went for a run
    -Completed morning hygiene routine
    -Took a nap
    -Shopped healthy for the week
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Made a nice big salad for our lunch!
    Watched two art videos on my walk :)
    Lots of hours of sleep last night!!
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    January 18th:
    -Went to the gym
    -Completed morning and evening hygiene routines
    -Drank lots of water
    -Took a nap
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Hi y'all! I haven't posted in here since sometime last year, but I've been working on the principles of self-care regularly. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to make my faith a larger part of my life. My latest things:

1) First thing in the morning before checking email, posts, news, I read a section of the Bible and reflect on it. I try to think about how it might apply to my day. This has a double effect of not starting my day reading something which is often negative.
    2) When I do my morning calisthenics, which I do outside whenever possible, I take a moment to offer thanks for the day.

So far these have added a lot to my life, without taking a big effort on my part, and since I blended them in to my usual routine it's easier to make them habits.
  • 57discovery
    Dinner with ahold friend
    Bed early
    Controled better my dessert portion
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Hi y'all! I haven't posted in here since sometime last year, but I've been working on the principles of self-care regularly. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to make my faith a larger part of my life. My latest things:

1) First thing in the morning before checking email, posts, news, I read a section of the Bible and reflect on it. I try to think about how it might apply to my day. This has a double effect of not starting my day reading something which is often negative.
    2) When I do my morning calisthenics, which I do outside whenever possible, I take a moment to offer thanks for the day.

So far these have added a lot to my life, without taking a big effort on my part, and since I blended them in to my usual routine it's easier to make them habits.

@rheddmobile Great to gear from you again! Your new practices sound lovely❣️
  • RubyRed427
    Went to a country bar with a band. Dance my butt off (20,000 steps for the day overall). It was so much fun. Despite the snowstorm, I went out with my three best friends. We had a great time! Love girlfriends!
  • 57discovery
    Walk and dinner with girlfriend great eve
    Bed after that. Feels better in am