Data crunchers - Insights you can share?

Options
2»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,496 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Unlike @yirara and @swirlybee I haven't (yet) detected any correlation between weight and cycle. 62 data points means only 2 cycles though. We'll see.

My cycle is simply based on sitting in an office or not. It's basically a 7 day cycle. Menstrual cycle: I don't really have that as I take the pill for usually about 3 months without break. That gives me quite some lovely, clean data <3
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Additionally, I started weighing daily to figure out my actual TDEE. 500+ data points yields an average TDEE of right around 2500, approximately +250 over most any sedentary maintenance calculator I've seen. Coincidentally, using UA record or my Apple watch to "record" my calorie burn during my workouts (weight lifting, approximately 1 hour/day 5-6 days per week) I usually get 500-600 calories. Lends some credence to the typical advice to eat back half of one's exercise calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 any thoughts on this topic, Ms Data?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I error on the side of logging too much but it usually fixes itself after enough time. My fat loss has been fairly consistent even if it doesn't show up on the bathroom scale for weeks at a time. My TDEE was estimated too high so I have started doing the calculation myself with the appropriate activity multiplier.

My doctor put me on a diuretic which has really muddied up the water recently data-wise but I am hoping in another week or two for things to clear back up.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Using Fitbit averages my TDEE is 2176. Using Libra vs. MFP diary, I lose most on weeks where my average calorie intake is 1500 to 1700. I'm also heaviest on Monday, lightest on Friday. My Libra trendline looks like rolling hills. No sharp peaks or valleys, just a gradual downward slope with an occasional bump on the weekends. Obviously I'm not as active on weekends, plus I tend to overdo it. Something to tighten up on.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have been using Libra for over two years now, (about 27 months), typically weighing about 4-7x per week (with some weeks skipped due to being away from home). I am used to the trends and fluctuations now, they aren't too crazy but I find because I calorie cycle my highest weight will be after the weekends and lowest is usually Friday morning. Also if I skip one lifting session or reduce my volume my weight will drop quite significantly (about 2-3lbs) and sometimes it freaks me out, so coming back from a vacation for example I will usually come back lighter... not because I was in a deficit or anything, but because I wasn't on my program. So I always have to remember how lifting really makes me retain water and to account for that when I change my programming around.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Morning BW is higher next morning if my last meal was eaten out, even if calories are controlled according to plan. Higher sodium and water retention?