False Guilt when Buying Healthy Stuff

2»

Replies

• ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 85 Member
    ee2368 wrote: »
    I’m not talking about gimmicks. I just don’t like spending money. For meal prep, I mean the containers you use to store food for the week. For healthy food, I’m referring to fresh fruits and veggies. I often find them to be more expensive than what I had in mind. Maybe I’m not looking in the right places?

We store food in yogurt containers and deli meat containers. They come free with the food we already eat. Frozen fruits and veggies are often much cheaper than fresh, with the same nutritional content.

That’s a great idea!
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 85 Member
    I understand what you mean. I now have plenty of money to purchase organic foods which cost more.. but that sensible side that budgeted throughout life's goals steps in and wags its finger...tisk tisk - every time I do.

I've just changed my mind set.. that spending money on my health is money well spent..but it still takes effort and does not feel natural yet. I think in time it will.

As for workout clothes.. I still keep telling myself I'll invest in some stylish items..

I did finally purchase some NIKE shoes at the flagship store in NYC last month. They were pricy... but I have never had my feel feel so fabulous in my life. It has really taught me that you get what you pay for. Ive suffered for years with outlet store, and amazon tennis shoes. Never again.

That’s what I need, a change in mindset. I think if I look at it as an investment, then I take it more seriously and can more easily justify spending what I need on things that are healthy.