Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Over 40 ladies before and after?

scalebeaterscalebeater Posts: 55Member, Premium Member Posts: 55Member, Premium Member
Hi ladies - I am down about 23 lbs ... from 250s to 220s but plateaued and I’m trying to stay motivated but I am not seeing much progress! Are there ladies who started 250s under 5’5” who can share before and after photos? Whats the loose skin look like? Thank you for helping me keep going!
edited January 4

Replies

• scalebeaterscalebeater Posts: 55Member, Premium Member Posts: 55Member, Premium Member
    Thank you! It is so helpful to see people my age and the results! You all look amazing!
  • beanerschnitzelbeanerschnitzel Posts: 75Member Member Posts: 75Member Member
    This is awesome. I need to see more of these success stories-hopefully, including my own soon.
    edited January 9
  • pam46815pam46815 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Thanks for sharing ladies! So inspiring to see your success stories. I'm 46 and need to lose 76lbs to get to my goal weight.
    edited January 9
  • NicoleL874NicoleL874 Posts: 629Member, Premium Member Posts: 629Member, Premium Member
    Hello! I'm 44. I'm 5'3" tall. In August of 2015 I topped out at 307lbs. I was in 4x, 30/32. It's been a battle and a roller coaster. At my low I was 143lbs. I've had a lot of skin removed, almost died from post-operative infections, ended up regaining. Yadda yadda. Today, I'm back to 156. I want to get down to 140lbs. At 143, I was too thin, because that was before the skin removal, so it was really more like 129lbs.

I don't have photos on my work computer, but there are some in my profile, but you have to be a friend. My hair is much different now, and I look a lot different now...
  • harley79harley79 Posts: 68Member, Premium Member Posts: 68Member, Premium Member
    Beckykalish I'm 48 and weigh 321 how did u do it,??
  • LulabellHuckleberryLulabellHuckleberry Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I started in January of 2017 at 260 lbs and I am 5'5.5". I lost 100+ lbs in 8 months and 4 days by changing what/how much I ate and moving more. I have been maintaining since September 16th, 2017 and done great with that. That is more than 15 months in maintenance. I just have decided to drop a little more weight.

Sure there is some loose skin, but it is NOTHING like I imagined it would be. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Actually, I wish I had done it YEARS AGO!! I avoided photos like the plague. I wore baggy clothes to hide in.

Btw, I am 45 years old.

3nivmdm4khgd.jpg

z2f8ify7h03k.jpg
    cskrhfmeagvs.jpg
    tuw1mviw9b8c.jpg
    pywbjknbe7ua.jpg
    2et2i7irszi1.png
    su35fbmlhro3.jpg
    2kveybelakwh.png
    icu7nkeux3j6.jpg
    t0d2kqvjvnz0.jpeg

• LulabellHuckleberryLulabellHuckleberry Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    @ChelleDee07- sorry about copying the entire post, I was trying to post what an inspiration you are and ended up reposting your post. You look amazing!
  • ChelleDee07ChelleDee07 Posts: 262Member Member Posts: 262Member Member
    @ChelleDee07- sorry about copying the entire post, I was trying to post what an inspiration you are and ended up reposting your post. You look amazing!

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to say so. I share my story for that reason... in hope that I can motivate someone else.
  • JJAustinJJAustin Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    pam46815 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing ladies! So inspiring to see your success stories. I'm 46 and need to lose 76lbs to get to my goal weight.

Hi Pam. I totally agree with you. I'm 43 and I need to lose a total of 60lbs. Seeing and reading these stories I know I can do it and so can you. 😉
  • IamsimpleguyIamsimpleguy Posts: 1,389Member Member Posts: 1,389Member Member
    hxifnxyu524b.jpeg
    Before: 209 lbs. After: 166 lbs.
    Started out obese, living a completely sedentary lifestyle. Over 10 months lost 43 lbs and started exercising regularly for the first time in my life. I was able to reverse the health conditions that were occurring as a direct result of obesity and found my passion which is trail running! No special diet, just ate less of whatever food I wanted, I even eat fast food quite a few times per week, I just make better choices than I used to. All the “after” pics are from this past year, I am 44 years old and have maintained my goal weight for the past 5 years. If I can do it, truly anyone can, it’s never too late to start!
    efaj2v7mp6qg.jpeg

A successful story always an inspiring, Amazing Journey, Great Work. Looking Beautiful, Inspired.
  • monkeefan1974monkeefan1974 Posts: 604Member Member Posts: 604Member Member
    hxifnxyu524b.jpeg
    Before: 209 lbs. After: 166 lbs.
    Started out obese, living a completely sedentary lifestyle. Over 10 months lost 43 lbs and started exercising regularly for the first time in my life. I was able to reverse the health conditions that were occurring as a direct result of obesity and found my passion which is trail running! No special diet, just ate less of whatever food I wanted, I even eat fast food quite a few times per week, I just make better choices than I used to. All the “after” pics are from this past year, I am 44 years old and have maintained my goal weight for the past 5 years. If I can do it, truly anyone can, it’s never too late to start!
    efaj2v7mp6qg.jpeg

A successful story always an inspiring, Amazing Journey, Great Work. Looking Beautiful, Inspired.

Thank you! :smile: