Happy 2019 to all my fellow witches and wizards!
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 23rd term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply
Term 23 information:
- Term 23 will be a 9 week term themed around Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- The term will run from Friday, January 18th 2018 (with starting weigh-in starting that Friday and the full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, March 24th. However, you should expect to join by THURSDAY, January 17th to keep your place as a student since we want to get everyone settled into the Common Rooms and Hogwarts before the challenge starts.
- You will receive notification via owl (PM/email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Monday, January 14th through Tuesday, January 15th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, January 16th). If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, January 17th or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space
- Wait List Owls will be sent as emails (since they are more reliable) while acceptance Owls may be PMs or emails based on how the prefects decide to send them. The key point is to check both the email you gave us in the application AND your PMs.
- If you have not received ANY PM or email by the morning of Friday, January 18th, please feel free to PM me or one of the headgirls @Maalea or @fithphoenix so one of us can help you figure out what happened (ie if you just didn't receive your PM/email, if there was a typo in your username on the application, etc). Everyone who applied should receive SOME type of message (PM or email) by Friday, January 18th if we successfully received your application.
- We also highly suggest joining Hogsmeade Village since we will be using that group to help communicate with everyone between terms (and communicate with wait listers during a term).
- We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), in addition to special challenges to match the theme.
- We also have a weekly weigh-in every Friday through Sunday.
- We require a certain amount of participation each week and you may be expelled for missing too many challenges without giving appropriate notification to your prefect. Full details are in the rules although PM if you have questions!
Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions including our headgirls @fitphoenix
. You may also post in this thread or contact @Kisame29
(Hogwarts Deputy Headmistress) to confirm that your application was received.
We highly suggest applying as soon as possible to guarantee yourself a spot.