I’m 44, I weigh 272.5 lbs, who wants to lose weight with me?

Options
Hi! It’s all in the title. I’m a single mom of one that realized I’m not going to live long enough to see her grow up if I don’t get healthy. I don’t want to do it alone. I will be documenting my journey so that I may help others. Want to lose weight with me? Let’s go! Check out what I’m doing every step of the way by adding me. Come back here often to get inspiration and motivation! We will do this.... together!

Replies

• pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @diamonds1627 oh yes indeed! I’m so excited for you!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @Reine2019 we have the same weight loss goal! We are going to crush this!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @Jelly8035 wow thanks for sharing. You can do a search online for exercises you can do while sitting down. You can do leg raises, arm raises, side bends, etc. when I find it I’ll post the link. We can do this! Just take it one day at a time. What is your goal weight? How much are you looking to lose? We have your back!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @Butterball4679 a good idea is to keep a good journal for everything you eat and drink (like what we do on here but make sure your are looking at all the macros) That way you can catch those extra pesky calories..... switch up your workouts to “trick” your body... to get more results.... you can do this!
  • mariosdog
    mariosdog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m turning 50 in a few weeks and don’t recognize myself. I’m glad to have this group, hopefully we can all inspire each other and destroy our goals!!
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 46, now at 211 and trying to get down to 130, although it's really 'healthy and feeling good,' whatever that ends up as. For very similar reasons - single mom, don't know if I'm gonna be here for my kids if I don't start taking care of myself better.

• crucialengine180
    crucialengine180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing Keto but it didn't work for my body. Going back to Whole30 where I was able to keep off 18 pounds from last year. I am 37 and 276 pounds. Going to get down to 190. I have to work on portion control. I can workout with the best of them.
  • RoxyWhoShrinkyDink
    RoxyWhoShrinkyDink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, a single mom to an autistic 9 year old who needs me here for many more years. I have to be healthy to take care of him. I need to lose about 100.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @devriesna I totally understand.... my biggest issues were no time and no energy.... The two most important things needed to stay disciplined and prep your food. We will all lose weight together. You’re not alone on MFP. You can do this! Very soon I will start posting messages and pics... stay encouraged!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @RoxyWhoShrinkyDink and you will! I have 120lbs to lose and have already shed 9.3 in my first week! We are on our way!
  • Jelly8035
    Jelly8035 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @Jelly8035 wow thanks for sharing. You can do a search online for exercises you can do while sitting down. You can do leg raises, arm raises, side bends, etc. when I find it I’ll post the link. We can do this! Just take it one day at a time. What is your goal weight? How much are you looking to lose? We have your back!

Hi. I'm suffering from stupid smart phone lol. I'm having trouble posting... it could be me though. I'd like to be 165. I don't know of I can go lower but I'd be happy with that. This week I hit the "maximum" recommended weight for an exercise ball. 264. I've got a set of stretchy bands so I'm now doing a sit fit routine. I have been able to do limited tai chi. Can't hold the squat without braces, so I stand mostly.
    Thanks for the encouragement. People who've never had to lose over 100 just don't understand how hard everything is, without injury.

• Jelly8035
    Jelly8035 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm suffering from stupid smart phone lol. I'm having trouble posting... it could be me though. I'd like to be 165. I don't know of I can go lower but I'd be happy with that. This week I hit the "maximum" recommended weight for an exercise ball. 264. I've got a set of stretchy bands so I'm now doing a sit fit routine. I have been able to do limited tai chi. Can't hold the squat without braces, so I stand mostly.
    Thanks for the encouragement. People who've never had to lose over 100 just don't understand how hard everything is, without injury.