I’m 44, I weigh 272.5 lbs, who wants to lose weight with me?

Options

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am with you, my children are grown but I am a grandma and I wont see them grow up, graduate, get married, or even have children themselves if I don't make a change for good. I am starting over again and hoping to make this my final start. I am obese with high blood pressure and cholesterol, and issues with a very low vitamin D levels. I decided to do this time different by getting involved in different discussions and started the blog from here just to log thoughts and my journey.
    SW: 229lbs (as of 1/14)
    CW: 225.8lbs (as of weigh day 1/18)
    Goal W: 110-120 (closer to 110lbs)
    Need to lose 119lbs-109lbs
    This will take time and I generally start out strong and then about half way through the weight loss is when I start to struggle and eventually give up. I am not using a specific plan except eating 1250 calories a day. I eat whatever I want with portion control I have done in the past Atkins, which I did very well with and because my doctor wanted me to be on low carb diet. The doctor in the past put me on 1200 cal diet which also work, but now just follow the plan here for my activity level, and try to watch my carbs like doctor said.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    myfitnesspalacios Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Now Hear This!:
    Jlbtnc is now A PecaBonita Warrior!!!!
    Welcome To The Tribe That Is No Jive; You’re Now Part Of The Hive and We Will Strive To Arrive and Be Alive When Your Grand Kids are Fifty-Five!!
  • DelilahBoop
    DelilahBoop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 32 with an open diary and a lot of weight to lose.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, 46 yrs highest ever 242, sw 236 on Nov 11th; cw 216 - short term 1 goal onederland, then 189. Ultimately 150-160 is ideal for me but I have not set that goal yet.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Welcome. We need you.
    I’ll check out you food diary.
    Welcome to see mine.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    -Sound off Team PB Warriors
    Good or Bad put it on the table.
    No one is perfect so it’s okay to kibitz.
    Did you do good - smiling emoticon
    Did you fly toward the flame - smoking emoticon
    We need your input and you need the rest of us.
    We Can and Will Do The, “Man! Do I Look Good!” Mirror Dance.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Check this minimum calorie monster.
    Deep, cast iron skillet, carton of eggs, baby carrots, asparagus, assorted mini-tomatoes, broccoli,spinach, and plenty of time. This feeds me and my companion for four or five days. Lots of hot sauce, black pepper makes it a filling and very satisfying daily brunch. Stunning when it comes out of the skillet. We Can Do This 😳
  • Mrsgreenrabbit
    Mrsgreenrabbit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join also!! I need some encouragement in my life 😁🙏
    I’m a mom to 2 young kids that keep me busy so I need to be able keep up with them and be around for them.
    I’m 5’4 237 I want to lose about 80lbs.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    That Pwesky Wabbit. So glad you joined us; the home of future Master Dieters! We lose it and work hard not to find it! And if we do find it; we tell it to, “Get in the back of the line, ‘cause we’ll lose you after we get wid of these other calowies!”. Welcome!! You Can Do It!
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    I believe in me and in each of you. We can achieve what we personally put out minds to doing. Fight for that one more ounce this morning, this afternoon and tonight. We will sneer at those calories tomorrow; and say to the rest of them, “Whose Next? Because I’ve had it up to here with each and every one of you calories. Pack up your stuff and GET OUT OF MY BASEMENT!”
  • xrayhexx
    xrayhexx Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My aim for 2019 is to loose 100lbs. I started in September 2018 and got down 18lbs by Christmas. Recently had a nine-day setback and I am getting back to it today. I am determined that this is the year I conquer my weight loss. 2019 is the final year I will be overweight.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    “I’m Melting! I’m Melting! Oh, What A World; What A World!”
    Steady and slow wins the race. It’s a slow slide to, “UnFat”. But, you cannot stop it. You Can Do It. Not only can you do it; you can also never go back to what you are now. Ever!
  • rose_drops
    rose_drops Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need to lose 62 pounds. It is scary just saying that but I have already started 😊
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Mmmmmm.... Premier Protien and Bai Coconut; It’s A Piña Colada at 160 calories! Remember, remember- It’s not a hundred pounds or Sixty pounds that you are fighting for; it’s the calorie, that last calorie the clicks off the next ounce. Think of this journey like this,”Take Care of the Pennies; The Dollars Will Take Care of Themselves.”.
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    rose_drops wrote: »
    I am in. I need to lose 62 pounds. It is scary just saying that but I have already started 😊

The only way to hit your goal is if you start!!! Good for you!! Welcome!

• pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    44 years 5ft 6 weigh 264 lbs now ..I started at 317 lbs June 2018.

Awesome!!!!! You’re well on your way!!!
  • jerusharu
    jerusharu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 44. I started my 80 lb weightloss Journey in September 2018 at 218 lbs after my annual physical showed that I was borderline diabetic and my cholesterol was really high. My wife is 12 years younger than me and I want to grow old WITH her and not turn her into a care giver or widow too soon. I’ve lost 25lbs so far. Im using my LAWeightloss plan that I used back in the late 90’s and it’s still working for me. The weightloss is much slower but I’m determined. I’m also in peri-menopause and I don’t know how that contributes. My body is changing and it is a relief to begin recognizing the face I see staring back at me in the mirror. Sometimes I feel angry that other people get the luxury of eating whatever they want while I’m over here eeking away at this mountain of a goal but I’m working on being more gentle with myself. Forgiving myself for past mistakes has been the key to my success this time. I definitely have overeaten in the past to numb my grief and hurt at myself and the world. Sometimes I just need advice and reassurance and I’d rather talk to women who know what it’s like to be significantly overweight and how challenging it is to lose weight. I don’t have a lot of friends who can relate so thanks for creating space in this forum.
  • cearnold1994
    cearnold1994 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Im in! Currently at my biggest 248lbs 24 years old. I have done this before without support and failed! This time needs to be the last i join MFP xxxx
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hola! What a great motivator! I'm a 36 y/o married mom needing to lose 40/50/50=140 lbs, I break it down into smaller goals so I don't see that big number and be like "Have mercy, where's the churros?!" Lol I also have smaller goals like certain things I want to do but I can't because I'm over the weight limit and that hurts but as I meet each level I'll knock em out! Let's do this, motivate and encourage one another!