I’m 44 and I can’t take it no more!

Options
13»

Replies

• pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I’m down 17lbs!!!! Woot woot!!!!! Through reading some of these forums, losing 50lbs by my birthday is not healthy. 2-3lbs a week is, so my new goal is to lose 18 more pds by my birthday! That would be 35lbs total since I started on 1/7/19.... I’ll take that....
  • cocoanne15
    cocoanne15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...I’m back on after a few years. I was doing great on my own but joined Jenny Craig yesterday, I need some help getting back on track. Good to be back but bummed that I gained so much since last time!
  • WolfieTendencies
    WolfieTendencies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm looking for motivation and support as well. I read your post pecabonitas and truly felt you. I have two boys who I want to get healthy for. I was in a bad relationship and ended up getting up to 249. Never thought I'd get that big.. I managed to lose 20 pounds on my own, but found myself fastly gaining it back. So I'm back at this and looking to make this time stick. 😅
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I’m down 17lbs!!!! Woot woot!!!!! Through reading some of these forums, losing 50lbs by my birthday is not healthy. 2-3lbs a week is, so my new goal is to lose 18 more pds by my birthday! That would be 35lbs total since I started on 1/7/19.... I’ll take that....

um no 2 lbs a week is healthy IF you have more than 50 to lose still. anything less than that should be slower weight loss. 3 lbs a week isnt healthy either. the faster you lose the more lean mass/muscle you lose as well. not to mention fast weight loss can bring on hair loss, brittle nails,hormone issues, gall/kidney stones,lethargy,dizziness and so on. if you lost 17 lbs since the 7th of this month that means you are losing 0.77 lbs a day or 5.4 lbs a week. much much too fast. of you have less than 50 lbs left to lose you need to set your mfp to 1-1.5 lbs a week loss. once you get to 30 lbs left to lose it will go down to about 1lb per week and under 25 should be like .5 lb per week.