Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Hangover food

sowen2015sowen2015 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
in Recipes
What is the healthiest and best hangover food you have discovered ?

Replies

• 2binshap32binshap3 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Chicken broth, with chives
  • SouthernsheriSouthernsheri Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    V8. Lots of sodium though, unless you find the low-sodium version
    edited January 12
  • cacapipilaproutecacapipilaproute Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Lemons and Water
  • lalalacroixlalalacroix Posts: 180Member Member Posts: 180Member Member
    Fruit punch Gatorade and a greasy sandwich.
  • thriftyjennthriftyjenn Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    McDoubles & Indian food 😀
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 13,242Member Member Posts: 13,242Member Member
    I like milk and cheese for a hangover. I don't drink to that point anymore, but that's what I crave and what sits best.
  • NurseTaco_RNNurseTaco_RN Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Low sodium spicy V8, over-medium eggs, and a piece of toasted Dave's Killer bread with Amish butter is my go to.
  • twdlove89twdlove89 Posts: 30Member Member Posts: 30Member Member
    Oats, I haven’t drank for years but porridge made with water or oat biscuits always used to help me. Good luck
  • Crafty_camper123Crafty_camper123 Posts: 897Member Member Posts: 897Member Member
    lays potato chips and lots of water.

Edit: Must be plains lays for some reason....

A tip: Drink plenty of water while drinking and prevent hangovers all together. For every drink you have, you should have 1 glass of water. Since making sure to hydrate while I drink, I haven't had a hangover since.
    edited January 15
  • dsbooheaddsboohead Posts: 1,715Member Member Posts: 1,715Member Member
    White bread cheese sandwich with smear of mayo.
  • CahgetsfitCahgetsfit Posts: 1,004Member Member Posts: 1,004Member Member
    back in the days when I used to drink enough to actually get a hangover i'd drink Coke and eat greasy *kitten*.

I suppose Hydralite would help tho. Or Gatorade. Or any other electrolyte-replenishing drink.
  • crazyravrcrazyravr Posts: 5,381Member Member Posts: 5,381Member Member
    sowen2015 wrote: »
    What is the healthiest and best hangover food you have discovered ?

Another drink. Just dont let hangover happen.
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Posts: 5,129Member Member Posts: 5,129Member Member
    I don't think I've ever considered any of my Hangover food healthy, but what works best for making me feel better is salty foods to replenish my electrolytes and water to hydrate. I normally go for pizza or original pringles.
  • Chelle8070Chelle8070 Posts: 86Member Member Posts: 86Member Member
    I have no healthy hangover food - I just try and stay away from hangovers these days. BUT if I would happen to have one - I'd get a pizza with extra cheese, banana pepper rings, black olives and a low cal Gatorade to wash it down.
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Posts: 5,815Member Member Posts: 5,815Member Member
    Emergen-C and coffee

food with a hangover is so ick
  • smolmaussmolmaus Posts: 348Member Member Posts: 348Member Member
    "Fried rice" with cauliflower rice. When I'm hungover I need to eat and I can get a lot of volume and not do too much damage that way. Soy sauce is salty, add some birds eye chilli for spicy, bit of sesame oil for some fat and deliciousness. Usually do it with shredded brussel sprouts, leftover chicken and an egg.
  • AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 871Member Member Posts: 871Member Member
    What good ideas!!!!
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 35,222Member Member Posts: 35,222Member Member
    Low sodium V8 with bacon, eggs, and hash browns and some milk thistle.
    edited January 16
  • DX2JX2DX2JX2 Posts: 1,777Member Member Posts: 1,777Member Member
    This sounds weird but if you're only 'I feel yucky' hungover (as opposed to 'I have a blinding headache and am constantly on the verge of puking' hungover), then light cardio actually works pretty well to chase it away.

If you have the latter type of hangover, then just stay in bed.
  • lin_belin_be Posts: 119Member Member Posts: 119Member Member
    B12 and a nap.