EFT or Tapping for weight loss?

Options
Is anyone using EFT or Tapping to assist in your weight loss? If so please tell me about it?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    I use it for anxiety and PTSD and it's great for that, so why not?
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm assuming you ask because you have DE rooted in some sort of trauma.

If this is true, there is one major factor to consider which is memory. Is the trauma a single or discrete series of events that you remember clearly? If so, tapping or EMDR might really help you a great deal.

If the trauma is more that you were raised in a very toxic family and, while you do remember some traumatic events, your trauma was essentially "lived in", then you are not likely to get a lot of help from those things. EFT, TRE, yoga, dialectic therapy are more likely to offer you the greatest help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you have an Addictive Voice whispering in your ear, trying to convince you to make bad choices, EFT could help short-circuit that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with tapping.. read up on that. and yes.. people use it all the time for weight loss.. I think it would work.
  • koljandertjie68
    koljandertjie68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advise
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advise

I know about EFT but haven't tried it for weight loss. I have had luck with hypnosis though.
    Stuff like cutting sugar without feeling like you're dying from the cravings.. and wanting to exercise, etc. It worked well.

• koljandertjie68
    koljandertjie68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Where do you find Hypnosis audios or did you see someone? I also think it can work
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Where do you find Hypnosis audios or did you see someone? I also think it can work

There's a guy local to me.. some friends knew him. So I went to him.
    I think seeing someone works better than random cds.. they can customize the hypnosis session more to what you're going through.
    It definitely worked for me. I was able to stop the sugar cravings, and stress eating, and broke through the plateau I had been on for years. I'm only 5 pounds away from goal now.