When did you “officially proclaim” you were in maintenance?

(1) First time you entered your established maintenance range weight.

(2) After a certain number of consecutive or non-consecutive weigh-ins at your maintenance range weight.

(3). Other - please share.

I’m 5.9 lbs. away today and look forward to joining the weekly update pist shares which I read all and find very instructive.

Replies

• twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    I first hit my goal weight around the beginning of August, I lost afew more pounds then went on holiday and put some weight on then it slowly dropped back into my range then i put some on over Christmas and I’m now back to 9stone.
    Once I go over 9stone 5lbs then I start to reduce my calories. I don’t weigh myself often, every 2weeks or so and I’m still trying to find a balance
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    I'll take a stab at this, since I've only recently proclaimed. While I reached my lowest weight back in September/October, some reflection and discussion with my physician prompted me to float up a little. I decided since I was purposefully gaining, I couldn't legitimately call it maintenance. Since I've been doing so quite slowly and can even out spikes and dips, I had no problem with an official proclamation, town cryer, and entry into the congressional record when I reached my goal weight.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    I switched to maintenance just before the "holiday eating events" started. I hit -49 pounds, 98% of my 50 pound goal, and decided that was close enough. That weight has me comfortably in the normal BMI range and size small clothes. This year I'm focusing on maintaining and strength training.
    My weight went up a little bit over the holidays and from the new exercise, but I'm still within my range.
    My official proclamation was on Facebook, and received many "likes," "loves," and "wows." :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am in maintenance for now. I will maintain for a time but then go back to other goals (so I never really stay here). I usually determine it when I see it in the mirror. When I am happy with my physique and I know more weight loss won't get me where I need to go, I will switch over to maintaining. Sometimes I have an idea of the weight range but it is more about how I look vs the scale for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    The day I saw my goal weight on the scales.
    As that day was a Christmas Eve I was pretty sure I would bounce straight back over again but that wasn't any big deal to me - I fully expect to have to make weight adjustments now and in the future to stay in my desired range.

As it happened I made quite a few adjustments to my range as well as my weight over a few years. As my goals change and as my body changes then my chosen weight range also needed to be modified.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Great sharing, thanks.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member

(2) After a certain number of consecutive or non-consecutive weigh-ins at your maintenance range weight.

I’m 5.9 lbs. away today and look forward to joining the weekly update pist shares which I read all and find very instructive.

You can do it whenever you decide. LOL. There are no hard and fast rules. Join the weekly updates sooner vs later if you want.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member

You can do it whenever you decide. LOL. There are no hard and fast rules. Join the weekly updates sooner vs later if you want.

Thanks for the early invite but I’m going to wait and “earn” my entry. Until then, I’ll lurk and learn.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    The day that I met my goal weight of 130 pounds was the day I officially proclaimed that I was in maintenance. I've gotten down as low as 122 so I decided to make my maintenance range be anywhere in the 120's :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I recall that it was the day I started gaining weight. The next time I get there, I'm not going to stop logging.

I am not sure I can ever stop logging.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    This ^^^.

Maintenance - for me at least - is a personal weight range that I try to stay somewhere in the middle of, so not an official proclamation or "I've arrived!" kind of thing. I will always be a work in progress.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 944 Member
    Started in June of 2018. My goal weight was 145lbs perfect for my 5'7" height and bone structure. I'm currently 5lbs above maintenance & working to shed 5lbs of holiday weight... lol

next up is a cruise in February that will surely increase my weight...

The key is to monitor & take action to achieve the set weight limit. If you don't monitor it will get away from you.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,239 Member
    I am dealing with that question now. I started with a goal of 155. Reached that pretty smoothly. Then I adjusted the gial down to 145. When I got to 145, I reset goal to 135, looking ultimately for a maintenance range of 135-140.

I am now at 138.5. Am starting to inch my way to msintenance. I am starting by keeping same calorie allotment, but eating back all exercise calories. I will gradually add 100 calories per day over several months and see how it goes.

I think my p k an is solid, but i'm still a bit nervous about gaining weight back.