Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I love your posts Fab.

My SSC was terrific :tongue: made Zumba early and kicked it up a couple of knotches & ya know what that means...lots of water, at least 70oz so far.

After a good cool down, I got in a decent round on the treadmill & more water.

can I include shopping and laughing hysterically? ha ha about an hour of walking the racks and an afternoon of belly chuckles with the fam:laugh:

gotta watch that snacks tho, perhaps I had too light of a lunch...time for watermelon! Yum, my fav...

C-ya for SWC :wink:
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello gang!
    I had a good day as far as my food goes but I did not get any exercise in due to the heat and humidity. It is brutal here and I am giving myself the day off. There is a cool front that is due to move in late tonight so I hope to make up for it and take 2 long walks tomorrow!
    I hope the rest of you were able to follow your goals for the day. If not then we try again tomorrow, right?!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello gang!
    I had a good day as far as my food goes but I did not get any exercise in due to the heat and humidity. It is brutal here and I am giving myself the day off. There is a cool front that is due to move in late tonight so I hope to make up for it and take 2 long walks tomorrow!
    I hope the rest of you were able to follow your goals for the day. If not then we try again tomorrow, right?!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :happy: Commonly my Saturdays are filled with bookkeeping, catching up on phone calls and other such non-physical activities. Today I was determined to get another bike ride in. Who goes on their bike to the hairdresser and back? Me :bigsmile: Nicely done hair got nicely flat under the helmet, but what the h...:ohwell: The bike ride is not as far as work, about 20 minutes each way, as opposed to an hour and 15 minutes. But it is physical activity with a killer hill just before I'm home. Besides the weather was perfect!

:drinker: I made vegetarian wraps for dinner (vegetarian because we are very low on groceries). You can check out the ingredients on my food diary. I added curry powder and a bit of mango curry chutney. I mixed the hard boiled egg with yogurt instead of mayo. The lettuce is from our garden. Even DH liked it, though he complained that eating it was a bit messy (wth? who cares about that! It's not as though he was in his Sunday suit):ohwell: :ohwell:

:drinker: I have been trying to shrink my size 12 shorts in the wash, but despite the shrinkage, they are starting to fall off. Hey, that's good news. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: I've put a note on my bathroom mirror that says: "MAKE GOOD CHOICES". Sometimes (sometimes ?) the sleepy tired head rules the decision making so I will put a note on the fridge as well as soon as I finish writing this. Snacking in the evening is a problem for me.

BFN
    :heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    YES!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! I just finished walking 3.0 MPH for 1 hour, 30 MIN of Pilates, and 20 MIN of cardio. I did eat some of my exercise cals back but I stayed under my total calorie count! I have finished 80 oz of water so far and will have finished another 30 oz or so before bed time. Thanks again for the weekend challenge i really helped me to try even harder.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well the kids & I had a HOT one out there today! After the long drive to Starved Rock we got there around 11am & then started our hike. We did about 12-15 miles, can't really know for sure. We all had our backpacks filled with yummy snacks of granola bars & fresh fruit. We hiked for almost 4 hours! We took several sit down breaks to have some water & a snack. It was really hot & when we got to the waterfall that was nice & refreshing! :happy:

After we finished our hike we got the blanket out & cooler & sat in the shade & had our yummy lunches of deli sandwiches (which I made) and lots of fresh fruit & yogurt & some baked potato chips. We had several weight watchers snacks for desserts too & the kids loved everything. :bigsmile:

After lunch I had brought a frisbee-type toy thing & watched the kids play for awhile. I was too worn out at that point! :laugh:

Then we packed up the SUV & headed for home. We ran up to the cafe nearby for dinner, then went over to Grandma&Grandpa's to play with the puppy for a bit. Finally we came home & all jumped in the pool! I only did for about 15 minutes however - it felt great, but it was dark outside & I am just pooped out! :yawn: :ohwell: :yawn:

So anyway - burned over 1300 calories today! :bigsmile:

See you all for Skinny Wednesday!

Kelly
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow what impressive workouts. I only did 900 today, work was in my way:grumble: . It was a great day however once I got a handle on it.

12 glasses of H20 (the good stuff), every drop needed on this hot, hot, day.

Reat well all, see you on Wednesday:flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well, I didn't join in this week's challenge as I decided to take a rest day. I still kept my calories in check and ended up mowing the lawn and painting a trellis. So much for my rest day :laugh:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well, I didn't join in this week's challenge as I decided to take a rest day. I still kept my calories in check and ended up mowing the lawn and painting a trellis. So much for my rest day :laugh:

Not too shabby for a day of rest Sky! You gardened your way through lotsa calories! Hope you have an awesome week! :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Thanks, Fab. I can always count on you for a shot of motivation and confidence. You ROCK!!!:bigsmile: