GPS Running Watch?

Options
2»

Replies

• kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Another Garmin fan here. I used to have Fitbits, but when I got serious about running (okay, jogging in my case), I felt like my Fitbit just wasn't precise enough.

Plus the navigation on the Garmin helps me keep from getting lost. ;)

(Side note, also looking for Garmin connect folks to ... well, connect with. I really use that motivation...)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kodiakke wrote: »
    Another Garmin fan here. I used to have Fitbits, but when I got serious about running (okay, jogging in my case), I felt like my Fitbit just wasn't precise enough.

spoiler alert, running and jogging are the same thing... if both feet are off the ground, you're running... otherwise you're walking.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I've been wanting to upgrade my Garmin, but the Garmin I have just keeps going and going. Using the Forerunner 35 for over 4 years.

When this one dies I will upgrade to the latest Forerunner.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    All the runners I know are huge brand loyal Garmin people. They are a bit pricey.

I have been using a TomTom Spark 3 for 2 years now and love it. The GPS is VERY accurate (I compare it to other people in my running group with high end Garmins). You can upload music on the watch and sync it to wireless headphones. It also works as a daily tracker (sleep, calories, steps) but I don't use it for that. It does everything I need for a more affordable price.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I had a fr35, loved it and still have it as a back up. Does everything you might need as a casual runner, found the gps far more accurate than fitbit ionic.
    I now have a vivoactive 3, which is an even better fit for me, but I'm marathon training and also do a lot of other activities so found the upgrade useful