What do you think of people younger than you?

Options
13»

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    As I get older, younger people appear younger and younger to me.

It's only alarming when I have to deal with a medical professional who, to me, doesn't look old enough to drive legally. I recognize that my perspective is a bit off.

Many young looking medical professionals still get the side eye from older people, especially women. I have experienced this.

Some older folks still assume that the male orderly is the doctor and female doctor is a nurse.

At least I know better than that. :D I used to interview candidates for admission to medical school and over 50%
    of applicants are female now. Some years it was more like 75% female.

Yes women are definitely outnumbering men now but I guess back in the day most doctors were male and all nurses were female so some people from that generation are still stuck on those ideas.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Younger People?

I don't like 'em; no sir!

....not one lil' bit.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    They need to get off my lawn.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Younger than me? Which ones? My children have mental hangups, but then I did also at that age. My nieces and nephews are not any more haphazard in life choices than my brother and sisters were, and two of them are quite prosperous. Some of them have businesses, some don't. My mother was the raving drug addict painted pink. Kids these days are boring.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I've changed my mind.

I like 'em now.

... they taste like chicken.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I've changed my mind.

I like 'em now.

I think you mean parrots

yes.... parrots.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    They think the "Jane Fonda Workout" is called "Pop Pilates."
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I've changed my mind.

I like 'em now.

I think you mean parrots

yes.... parrots.

Use the right terminology.

I try my best.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    They make me feel old.
    They annoy me (most of the time.)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    What ?? Everybody's younger then me :o
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I love the way they have less Gen X baggage. A lot of them have skipped some of the roughest bits of my own early life and are more positive. I used to be very bitter and hateful about this but now at 42 I have come to appreciate it.

My husband's only a bit younger at 37 and even he kind of fits into this, honestly. For example, lived with his parents 'til his mid twenties and didn't literally starve & struggle through college like I did. Never typed his term papers on a typewriter or used a pager like I did.

Mostly, I like younger people (20s/30s) and somewhat prefer to be around them. Not that older people are bad...plenty I like about them, too.
  • silvianog
    silvianog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think people younger than me are more open minded and I get along with them a lot better than people my age.