What do you think of people older than you?

Options
newmeadow
newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
I appreciate their recipes for comfort food.

I like how they actually listen and make eye contact.

It's a shame the female oldsters still feel compelled to wear pantyhose under their slacks for the sake of propriety

I'm glad they keep newspapers still made of paper purchasable.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Well

A couple of years old, or 20 years older?

It's a big difference.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I tend to listen to them. They are often much wiser.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I like ‘em!

Don’t underestimate old people. They’re people

Amendment: I don’t like a lot of people IRL but age and jaw clicking are rarely factors.

I don’t find older people sweet or necessarily wise. They are people which means they vary just like people my own age.

You are underestimating the smell.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I like ‘em!

Don’t underestimate old people. They’re people

Amendment: I don’t like a lot of people IRL but age and jaw clicking are rarely factors.

I don’t find older people sweet or necessarily wise. They are people which means they vary just like people my own age.

You are underestimating the smell.

That’s disability not age. And it prompts me to compassion.

Not the rot smell. These are perfectly mobile active older persons. They just have that old smell.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    I like how they wear watches on their wrists.

It's odd how some of them must have the latest smartphone but they never learn how to use it.

I like how they aren't GPS dependant.

They know how to sew.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I also feel sorry for some who are lonely and no one really wants to give them the time of day (not even their own kids) because they’re old.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    Just older than you. Some youngster might be talking about 30 year olds.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I really like those that have lived through enough that they have dropped the religious and social biases they were taught in their youth. It may not mean that they have discarded their beliefs, more that they've dropped the egocentrism that insists that their beliefs are superior and/or always applicable.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I really like those that have lived through enough that they have dropped the religious and social biases they were taught in their youth. It may not mean that they have discarded their beliefs, more that they've dropped the egocentrism that insists that their beliefs are superior and/or always applicable.

Meh. Idealistic youthfulness has also accomplished more than moderate mild-aged complacency.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options

So not urine or dirty clothes but that perfume smell? Yeah that’s bad. It’s Chantilly- comes in a pink box.

fk4ncbedyq1n.png

LOL DW used it, we met in 1966!