What do you think of people older than you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Older than me ??
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    They've had more time than me, more life-time, so if we all die tomorrow, they've won the actual "time" alive lottery
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I appreciate their recipes for comfort food.

I like how they actually listen and make eye contact.

It's a shame the female oldsters still feel compelled to wear pantyhose under their slacks for the sake of propriety

I'm glad they keep newspapers still made of paper purchasable.

My grandma wore pantyhose under her jeans. Gotta say, I do love how they smooth out all the lumps.

I love the oldies, the stories they tell, the sass they bring. I should call my grandma now .
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I am that old person.

I am the oldest person at my work.

I am the oldest biker in my group.

I have two family members that are older than me.

The reality is, most older people don't care what the younger generation thinks about them.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Most are dead past my age.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My husband is older by 9 years. He's cool, I like him.

Wonder what someone younger would say about me as I get older? I hope my 1 month old grandson thinks I am cool older person one day.
  • mrstashafowler
    mrstashafowler Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I crossed the 30 year threshold this past year, and as an ignorant rebellious young person I assumed they were all old fogies. Now I see how experience can mean they're much more awesome than I once thought.

Also I think really old people are the most adorable thing on the planet! I want to squeeze them all! We(me and husband and kids) volunteer at nursing homes, and my heart just wants to explode I love them so much!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what I think of people younger than me. Sometimes they alarm me and sometimes they impress me.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's sad, so many of my friends have died but some of the survivors are older than me and they're super....I have a cousin who is in his 80's and he's still active with the charity Wateraid and hey I'm 70 and my OH still races motorbikes......and I'm still his pit bunny.....oh and I don't wear tights [pantyhose under my JEANS..... and I don't give a rat's ar.se what younger people think of me.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I’m 70 yo,
    My aqua aerobics instructor is 94.
    She prepares taxes, is an artist with pottery and plays bridge.

I have friends older than me that travel, take cruises and do lot more than I do.

I’m jealous.