Plateau phase

Options
Hey everyone,
I just wanted some general guidance or tips on the plateau phase. I’ve lost around 20 lbs but still have about 30 lbs to go to get to my goal. I took a little health eating “break” during the holidays but have been eating healthy, under my calorie goals every day but have stayed the same weight for two weeks. How have you all dealt with this in the past. It’s hard not to give up on this.

Replies

• Montymcmuffin
    Montymcmuffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As said above, give it time.

Also, have you recalculated your calories since your 20lbs loss?

Depending on how much you are set to lose, your deficit may be close enough to your maintenance number, 20lbs lighter, that your loss per week may have decreased to an almost imperceptible rate.

Recalculate your calories, tighten your logging, and trust the process.

Cheers, h.

Thanks! Yeah every time I lose a pound I change my calorie intake.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

Depending on how much you are set to lose, your deficit may be close enough to your maintenance number, 20lbs lighter, that your loss per week may have decreased to an almost imperceptible rate.

Cheers, h.

every time you lose a POUND? no. 10 pounds is usually the threshold for caloric changes.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Cheers, h.

every time you lose a POUND? no. 10 pounds is usually the threshold for caloric changes.

^^This. Your weight can fluctuate a few pounds one way or the other every day Or even within the same day! Pick an appropriate caloric intake and stick with it. When your weight reaches a consistent average of ten pounds down over a period of a week or two, recalculate your intake then. :)

Edited to add: I see you're female. Unless you are post-menopausal, weight can easily increase by 5 pounds or more depending on where you are in your cycle. This is temporary water weight gain which should dissipate in a few days, and has nothing to do with fat gain or loss.