Calories verses proteins

Can somebody tell me some good ways of replacing calories with proteins

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    That's impossible...

Do you mean you're looking for foods that are high in protein for lower calories?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    proteins have calories you can't can't have one without the other :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Or perhaps you mean carbohydrates with protein?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Check this page out. Lists the protein contents for lots of food items. You should be able to find somehting that will work for you in that list.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also#latest
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2019
    You can't. Protein is a nutrient, and all foods have nutrients and are made up of calories.

• Bionicscotty74
    Bionicscotty74 Posts: 8 Member
    Sorry meant carbs
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Everything you eat (minus water, diet drinks) have calories. You can't have one without the other.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Sorry meant carbs

you want to eat fewer carbs? carbs are not evil, they are also in vegetables and fruit. but personally i limit breads and rice and pasta. I eat steel cut oats for breakfast which are carby. and sometimes crackers if I eat tuna at lunch. i avoid them not as a stance against carbs but because i like eating more volume and you can eat a ton more veggies VS pasta-rice (portion wise)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    If you want to increase protein:

Every day or two, take a look at your food diary on MFP. Notice foods that have relatively many calories, but relatively little protein. Consider whether you could eat less (or even none) of those particular foods in future, while still subjectively feeling happy/full/well-nourished, in order to free up calories for foods (with protein) that you enjoy, that better help you meet your goals. Adjust accordingly.

Keep doing that over a period of time, and you'll gradually remodel your eating in the direction you're looking for.

It can be a gradual evolution; it doesn't need to be an instant radical overhaul.

(I second the endorsement of the thread alteredsteve175 linked above: It's excellent.)