Trying my best

Hi everyone!Been trying a while to lose weight. Had surgery back in August. Gain over 30lbs. On top of the 40 I wanted to lose. Any extra tips?

Replies

• Tdmpink121
    Tdmpink121 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you. I do need a scale.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes a food scale is a must. Don't be too aggressive with your calorie goal. Aim for 1-2lbs per week. Be consistent and patient. Weight can fluctuate from day to day don't let these normal fluctuations put you off. Eat the foods you like but keep to your calorie goal and trust the process.
  • Tdmpink121
    We've been following a low fat diet also. No pop or juices. No sweets. I lost 10lbs the first week an gained 3 back. Its so frustrating. It's like i take 2 steps foward and 4 steps back. Thank you for the help.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

It's a very up-and-down process for many people. Stick with it, eat food you like within your calorie goal, don't beat yourself up if you have a meal out or go way over your goal one day, and have patience. You'll get there!
  • Tdmpink121
    Thank you!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I have transferred some info from my weight trend tracker. I use Libra (android) To "Weight Grapher" for clarity. This shows how my weight was trending over that time. You can see quite clearly the two holidays I had. My weight went up several pounds but came back down again after a few days. You can see how my weight has bobbled up and down but the reassuring trend is downwards.

When you start a new diet you often lose quite a lot of weight in the first week or two this partly water weight due to cutting calories, less waste in your system, lower carbs perhaps or lower sodium. Keep at it and you will see your weight loss settle down. Don't expect it to be linear. You probably won't lose the same amount every week as all kinds of things affect your body. You eat a salty meal you can gain a bit from the salt retaining water in your body, you do a lot more excercise you can gain a bit from the muscles holding on to water to repair themselves. Your time of the month? Oh hello more water weight masking your fat loss a bit.

Just keep going and trust the process, patience and consistancy is key. Hope this helps.

gyilkats3rzs.jpeg