Meal plans

Options
Where do you get your meal plans?? If I have a plan set up by a professional I will stick to it but Idk where to get one! Heeeellppp! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and lost!

Replies

• adelgado91335
    adelgado91335 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just look for a youtube channel that can give you am idea 💡. Don't over think it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I make it up as I go along. Pre log so you can see if you're hitting your macros.

Find some pals with similar calorie goals for ideas
  • janinemarie830
    janinemarie830 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've watched many videos, I'm not going to stick to it if I make the plan myself. Idk exactly what I should be eating. I'd like to find a professional to discuss what exactly I should be eating. I thrive off of structure and unfortunately I can't great my own.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I've watched many videos, I'm not going to stick to it if I make the plan myself. Idk exactly what I should be eating. I'd like to find a professional to discuss what exactly I should be eating. I thrive off of structure and unfortunately I can't great my own.

You should be eating foods you like. But plugging in "meal planning service" into google brings up some things that might be what you're looking for.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

You should be eating food you like in portion sizes that put you in a calorie deficit. Plus some fruit and veg for health.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Maybe something like this? It'll require some work on your part, but if you stick to it, you'll be guaranteed long term success...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • janinemarie830
    Options
    I really appreciate your help and advice but I am specifically looking for a meal plan by a professional.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your help and advice but I am specifically looking for a meal plan by a professional.

Then pay a professional to set one up. Get a Dietician.

I eat the food I like that fit into my macros. I eat 400g-600g of vegetables and fruit daily - whatever I feel like eating, then a protein and some fat in every meal. Easy peasy.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options

This is not a site on which people are supposed to be selling goods or services. A referral from your doctor is good advice.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Look, you're on a free website which is based on the idea of counting the calories in whatever you choose to eat. It works for a lot of people.

If you want a professional meal plan, ask your doctor to see a dietitician or professional service that can give you one or search Google and take the risk of getting scammed. I don't think you will find what you're looking for here.
  • janinemarie830
    Options

This is not a site on which people are supposed to be selling goods or services. A referral from your doctor is good advice.

I didn't ask for anyone to sell anything, I asked for people who have gotten meal plans to share their source.
  • janinemarie830
    Options

Then ask your GP for a referral to a dietician, or pay for one.

I am not looking for anything for free. I was asking for people that have meal plans to share their source. I never once insinuated that I wanted something for free.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Then ask your GP for a referral to a dietician, or pay for one.

I am not looking for anything for free. I was asking for people that have meal plans to share their source. I never once insinuated that I wanted something for free.

Then Google meal plans? Hello fresh is pretty good?
  • janinemarie830
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Losing weight is just the first step. Will you have professional help for that step too? Because you will need to manage calories during maintenance (a smaller you will require somewhat fewer calories forever). This is why measuring and logging YOUR personal food plan is such a good learning tool. You learn as you go and it's forever knowledge. You can learn for free.

You don't need a professional unless you have specific medical issues you need to address. If you have medical issues your doctor can give you a referral to see a registered dietician.

I seriously doubt, anyone here is going to give you a free "professional" plan. You might get a few offers from folks trying to sell you something though.

WHHEEERRREEEEEE did you see me ask for anything for free??!! I asked for people that already have meal plans to share their source with me. I didn't asked for people that don't have meal plans to comment to try to make me feel like *kitten* for trying to do what I know will work best for me. If you don't have anything beneficial to add to a post don't comment on it.
  • janinemarie830
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

The majority of professionals I know won't work for free and would likely give you similar advice as what you are getting here, just a bit more detailed. For example, recommend number of calories per day, and goals for fats, proteins, and carbs (including fibre). They don't generally sit down and tell you to eat this much spinach, with this much cheese, and this much salad dressing for lunch on Tuesdays. I'd be suspicious of any meal plans that are that specific. What happens if they tell you this and you don't like spinach? You still won't stick with it. The best plan is the one you will stick with, and that is going to come from foods you like.

My suggestion: start with logging everything you eat for the next week or two without making any changes. At the end of the week, review those logs. See if you are significantly over or under anywhere, and look for changes that you can make that will bring you closer to your goals. Focus on what you are moving towards, not what you are giving up. Make a few changes and do that for a couple weeks, then review again. Keep doing this until you are happy with your plan.

I didn't ask for someone to make me a free meal plan. I asked where people that have meal plans got theirs.
  • barbie3231
    barbie3231 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love Christine @ gaugegirl training....