Disposable people

Options
Ironlady70
Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
edited January 2019 in Chit-Chat
I may be old fashioned or naive, but when someone takes the time to get to know you then poof for no reason they disappear, does that make you feel worthless and disposable ?

Replies

• Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    That is a chance you take when you open up to people.
  • Ironlady70
    Options
    I’d like to hope so. 😞
  • Mob_4_ever
    Mob_4_ever Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself, when people disappear it don’t mean it’s related to you! The good ones will stay ;)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    I may be old fashioned or naive, but when someone takes the time to get to know you then poof for no reason they disappear, does that make you feel worthless and disposable ?

Is it for no reason or just that they don’t tell you the real reason? I think it’s the “not knowing” part that is the most difficult to deal with. Sometimes you just have to choose to move on without ever really knowing :|
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I usually don’t worry about those things. Like above, believe in you. Love the hell out yourself
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I feel like that when that happens. 😔 I think Sara is right, but I still feel horrible.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I'm social up to a certain point. I value my solitude as well. So sometimes I have to poof new people I meet if I feel like they're gonna be the type to call me on my house phone 2-3 times a week asking the horrifying question of "whatcha doin?" Not saying that was you but some people be like that. They call you right when you sit down to eat and you start blaming yourself for not poofing them when you had the chance.
  • Ironlady70
    Options
    I’ve been the one that was contacted multiple times and my empathetic self always replied and never make people wait no matter how inconvenient the timing.
  • Mob_4_ever
    Mob_4_ever Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You never know up front, just be the best version of yourself and reply if you want. But don’t let it harm you if they stop answering .. just keep happy and talk to the people who are supportive ..!
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Worthless. NEVER.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is to keep the vast majority of your conversations on the open threads where people can come and go as they please. That's what attracts so many people to these online discussion communities = coming, going, coming back again, going again and not having to answer to anyone. As it should be, in my opinion.
  • Gabrielpearl1830
    Gabrielpearl1830 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't expect so much from people. Don't think you deserve more than they can offer. Too much expectation is a problem. You're not worthless, you just expected too much more than they can offer
  • Ironlady70
    Options
    Case in point happened with a poster here on this thread. Mob_4_ever friended after this post, messaged supportively and poof disappeared. Remember folks there are humans at the other of the key board.
    Mob_4_ever wrote: »
    You never know up front, just be the best version of yourself and reply if you want. But don’t let it harm you if they stop answering .. just keep happy and talk to the people who are supportive ..!

• wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Trying to formulate some thoughts on this topic, but I keep running into my own hypocrisy. 😬
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Their loss as far as I'm concerned.