Disposable people

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm guessing there is some backstory/context here that I'm missing... I'm also not much of a people person, so take this with a grain of salt.

Not everyone is going to like you. And sometimes it takes getting to know you to realize they don't like you. If it was an online interaction, it probably wasn't "real" to begin with. Also, stuff happens, people have lives... maybe they are just busy or distracted or locked out of an account or... or... or...
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Ah, the guy's name was Mob_4_ever. It's not like you would have invited him over for tea and watercress sandwiches. I hope.

One time someone named Remeron_for_the_win wanted to give me emotional support over the computer screen. I should have known.
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel like I've wasted time investing in cultivating a relationship with someone. But I guess it's hard to know what's going on for that person. I suppose it's difficult not to take it personally. So yes, I would feel worthless and confused and I would seek resolution.

This ....
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    Is the lack of resolution the issue? I can understand that, even if I am a master vanisher.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Is the lack of resolution the issue? I can understand that, even if I am a master vanisher.

Where did you go?
  • jjpptt2
    Options

Where did you go?

A magician never reveals his secrets...
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I feel this more IRL - that I'm not even worth a text (ffs) to say "stepping away" or some variation. I have started to assume that it has as much to do with their cowardice or previous experience where someone has demanded a why, rather than just accept what was provided and wish them the best.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

Where did you go?

He went to MFPs debate section for a serious hoe down.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    I may be old fashioned or naive, but when someone takes the time to get to know you then poof for no reason they disappear, does that make you feel worthless and disposable ?

Yes it does ESPECIALLY when you’ve met in person and have gotten to know them intimately The least they can do is give you the courtesy of a freakin ‘goodbye, I’m going thru xyz and will not be in further contact’ Something, anything is better than completely ghosting someone. That is a total pussymove!!
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Where did you go?

Where did you go?

A magician never reveals his secrets...

Not so invisible it seems, Sir.
    Just absent.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Where did you go?

Did someone say hoedown???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsKLDbnp0w8
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Try not to feel bad. I think *ghosting* is common practice in dating now although I think it is horrible and cowardly. Most likely the other person has someone else. It is not a reflection on you though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. People have all kinds of reasons for doing what they do, I don't always assume that's my problem.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Try not to feel bad. I think *ghosting* is common practice in dating now although I think it is horrible and cowardly. Most likely the other person has someone else. It is not a reflection on you though.

Oh. I didn’t think of it in terms of “dating.” Still, online or IRL?

I was talking about IRL.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I'm awesome. If someone is too stupid to see that, their loss.