Struggling

Options
I m at a stand still with weight, doing 4 gym classes a week and walking everyday . Been doing this for few months now and still not getting anywhere. Been vegetarian to for 4 months

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    We need more information in order to help you-

how many calories are you eating?
    are you measuring out portion sizes on a food scale?
    what are you stats (height, current weight)

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    What does being a vegetarian have to do with anything?

Some people think that if you're eating vegetarian that your calorie intake is naturally a lot lower and therefore weight loss should be automatic.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Some people think that if you're eating vegetarian that your calorie intake is naturally a lot lower and therefore weight loss should be automatic.

Have those people never heard of French fries? :tongue:

And my old friend, chips and salsa.

Ooh, I'm eating that right now :tongue:
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

similarly with "clean eating" some of those fancy clean desserts are higher calorie than the original :P (I actually enjoy many "clean" desserts but know they pack a calorie bang to my day and factor that in accordingly!).

Or even in other foods they still add a lot of fat (coconut oil) and nuts to things which really increase cals.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I m at a stand still with weight, doing 4 gym classes a week and walking everyday . Been doing this for few months now and still not getting anywhere. Been vegetarian to for 4 months

Are you eating in a calorie deficit?
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I m not vegetarian to lose weight , I don’t like meat so struggle with what to eat as a replacement . I struggle a lot with food as I get obsessive about it due to having confidence issues and eating ones . Didn’t want people having a go at me. I know eating less calories and exercising loses weight. That’s what I am doing.