The Parallel Dimension Thread

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This is going around Facebook. What’s the book?
    f5bmrowydx2n.jpeg

idk the book but the author borrowed from solipsism and plato’s allegory of the cave

.... who clearly stole this from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

afgiqd7qxg3l.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    f5bmrowydx2n.jpeg

idk the book but the author borrowed from solipsism and plato’s allegory of the cave

afgiqd7qxg3l.gif

See?

It all makes sense now, doesn't it?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    f5bmrowydx2n.jpeg

From what I found it's this: one, no one, a hundred thousand by luigi pirandello.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    f5bmrowydx2n.jpeg

afgiqd7qxg3l.gif

See?

It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

:joy:
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Inversion concept is interesting.

meanwhile-in-parallel-universe_o_2545579.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If there are infinite parallel universes with infinite possible situations doesn't that mean there's one where there are no parallel universes?

Yes, and that would mean there would be infinite ones with no parallel universes.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    dakfbf9zgcx2.jpg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    If there are infinite parallel universes with infinite possible situations doesn't that mean there's one where there are no parallel universes?

i think so. i think that's the universe we all end up in upon death. all the doors beyond are finally shut at that point.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Think about all the parallel universes where you don't even exist...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In one of my parallel universes, I decided to take my dad up on paying my tuition for college in lieu of going into the military (they didn't want me to). I was immature and lacked discipline and partied too much and I flunked every class my first semester. After that, I never really recovered academically. I ended up flipping burgers at several different fast food chains and had difficulty holding down a job for long because of my heavy drinking and partying.

Over time my friends grew up and married and had kids, leaving me alone...I finally got my stuff together a little bit and became a general manager of a Wendy's location when I was 40. I never met my wife and never had my kids and I live alone in a small apartment. I spend most evenings drinking Bud Light and smoking cigarettes in front of the t.v.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In another parallel dimension I left the military and returned home to Albuquerque. I started testing for the Albuquerque Police Department and instead of backing out and going back to school like I did in this dimension, I went through with it and became an APD officer. I was shot and killed in the line of duty when I was 30.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'd be a pirate who sailed the world looking for new lands and stumble upon America, met the local Native Americans. At first they don't like me and treat me with suspicion, but eventually accept that I am an ok dude. I fall in love with a tribe Elder's Raven haired Daughter, who speaks no English but of course we understand each other. Then I quickly learn to speak the native language and become BFFs with the hunters. Other people begin to arrive. People who have bad intentions and want our land. I join the fight against my old compatriots, becoming a great hero. Or you could switch America with Japan. Basically a Tom Cruise movie.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options
    I'd be a pirate who sailed the world looking for new lands and stumble upon America, met the local Native Americans. At first they don't like me and treat me with suspicion, but eventually accept that I am an ok dude. I fall in love with a tribe Elder's Raven haired Daughter, who speaks no English but of course we understand each other. Then I quickly learn to speak the native language and become BFFs with the hunters. Other people begin to arrive. People who have bad intentions and want our land. I join the fight against my old compatriots, becoming a great hero. Or you could switch America with Japan. Basically a Tom Cruise movie.

Can I be the raven haired daughter?

Will you dance in the moonlight wearing me pirate hat?
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options

Can I be the raven haired daughter?

Will you dance in the moonlight wearing me pirate hat?

I will

Shiver me timbers. Its a deal