• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Am Precious
    I joined the MFP last September
    And I have gained 3.5 kgs and I currently weigh 65.5kg
    5'8 tall
    I was doing pretty well with exercises and eating, but 3weeks ago I was diagnosed with H. Pylori bacteria.
    It has been difficult to eat 2,200calories since h. Pylori has some meals restrictions. I have not been exercising, but the exercises were helping me to gain.
    My body feels lazy to exercise

I am in need of motivation since I feel am going to loose all the weight that I worked for.
    Thank you so much

what restricition food wise are there? I was never on any food restrictions. I had to take 2 antibiotics and a PPI. just know that from now on too that future blood work will show that you have h pylori even if its not active. you wont lose weight if you eat enough calories. was exercise increasing your appetite to help you gain? if not you arent gaining real weight from exercise just water weight.

They told me not to eat 🍟, not to drink carbonated drinks, even juice unless am blending some fruits at home. Not to eat food with paprika or cayenne (spicy foods). Not to drink cold drinks.

sounds more like you have gastritis if they told you to avoid those foods and h pylori meds are to be taken for 2 weeks. not one.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What does your treatment plan look like? Are you on antibiotics? How long is your course? When I was in undergraduate school I was a research assistant for a professor working with H. Pylori. They had just found the link between H. Pylori and stomach ulcers.

I took the h. Pylori kit treatment for one week and I was still feeling the burn, so I went back one week later and I was given some more medication (syrup)

Who is "treating" you?