Pioneer Woman

Options

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Well, I was disappointed when I came into this thread, I followed Ree before she was famous. Read her blog, get to know who she is. She lives on a farm, they are pretty active. I don't know, this was a disappointing thread.

I have to say, I'm also very curious what your expectations were for this thread?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I personally have a guilty pleasure of watching that Great British Baking Show on Netflix that's filmed in England in a tent with a bunch of amateur bakers vying for some trophy and having to spend their whole summer being challenged to make ridiculous amounts of baked goodies - some of which look pretty professional.

It's as close to eating cake that I really get anymore.

I stopped watching the Great British Baking Show because those "amateur" bakers made me feel inadequate :(

And I wanted to #cookallthethings.

The bakers get a heads-up on upcoming challenges so they have baked some of those things 20 times in the days preceding filming. You'd be good at it, too - I have every confidence in you.

You can send your practice cake to me at C. Riverside, 1919 20th St., ThatTown, US.

My problem is more wanting to eat all the things. :neutral:

In 2017, before learning that my town does not allow commercial residential cooking, I was trying to get a small baking business off the ground and forced test muffins on everyone on my street, including the mail man, UPS guy, tree service guys, etc. My next door neighbor also works from home and she was my best test eater. She liked everything, but I don't know if that was a reflection on her palate or my skill :lol:
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    jvquew6emo1s.gif
    aokoye wrote: »
    It's funny. People don't like it when buttons are clicked and they also really don't like it when people disagree with someone and then state why. If disagreeing, not being especially snarky, trying to keep things fairly surface level, and spending the time to write out a post and find some statistics is debating then I'm not sure what to say.

Disagreement on a fairly benign topic doesn't mean that either party is somehow terrible or untrustworthy.

(said post rowing)

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    I personally have a guilty pleasure of watching that Great British Baking Show on Netflix that's filmed in England in a tent with a bunch of amateur bakers vying for some trophy and having to spend their whole summer being challenged to make ridiculous amounts of baked goodies - some of which look pretty professional.

I stopped watching the Great British Baking Show because those "amateur" bakers made me feel inadequate :(

Mary Berry, chief Judge on Great British Bake Off is in her 80's and has been the Guru of British baking for decades. She has always baked up a storm but is really slim. When asked why she didn't get fat [not pc I know lol] when she was cooking all these lovely things she replied, I don't eat everything but I taste everything and share. That is obviously the answer!

Mary Berry is no longer a judge. The last couple of seasons (at least the ones broadcast in the US) Paul Hollywood and Prue (don’t remember her last name) are the judges. Paul is the only original left. Mel and Sue were replaced too I love the show and miss Mary, Sue, and Mel, but the others are good as well. Paul seems kinder and gentler now and has even shook contestants hands when they have done well.

Yes you are right, Mary has not been judging for a year or so :'( [There was a big argument with the BBC over fees and Sue & Mel quit and then Mary left in sympathy ] but everything else I have said about her is pukka and she is still quite high profile.

Edit. Its Prue Leith who you mean....IMHO a highly critical, bitchy chef and ... I don't like her and never have but Paul is just and fair and 'knows his onions'.

Edit again....I'm so used to Mary being a Judge...no-one can take her place.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,048 Member
    Options

Mary Berry, chief Judge on Great British Bake Off is in her 80's and has been the Guru of British baking for decades. She has always baked up a storm but is really slim. When asked why she didn't get fat [not pc I know lol] when she was cooking all these lovely things she replied, I don't eat everything but I taste everything and share. That is obviously the answer!

Mary Berry is no longer a judge. The last couple of seasons (at least the ones broadcast in the US) Paul Hollywood and Prue (don’t remember her last name) are the judges. Paul is the only original left. Mel and Sue were replaced too I love the show and miss Mary, Sue, and Mel, but the others are good as well. Paul seems kinder and gentler now and has even shook contestants hands when they have done well.

Yes you are right, Mary has not been judging for a year or so :'( [There was a big argument with the BBC over fees and Sue & Mel quit and then Mary left in sympathy ] but everything else I have said about her is pukka and she is still quite high profile.

Edit. Its Prue Leith who you mean....IMHO a highly critical, bitchy chef and ... I don't like her and never have but Paul is just and fair and 'knows his onions'.

Edit again....I'm so used to Mary being a Judge...no-one can take her place.

:lol: You just can't stop yourself...