Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Coffee ideas

2»

Replies

• bhaney10bhaney10 Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    I am an avid coffee lover too. I drink my first, GUILT FREE cup with cream and sugar, and the rest of my coffee through out the day, I drink black. It took me awhile to get used to the taste, but sometimes I prefer it black:)
  • ScullyPAScullyPA Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Buy flavored coffee beans. This is how I weaned myself from using creamer.
  • feisty_bucketfeisty_bucket Posts: 962Member Member Posts: 962Member Member
    My standard coffee is chocolate-coffee. I make a regular cup with milk, and then add 1 tsp of cacao powder, and 2 tsps of Nesquik. I use three packets of sweeteners too but that's just me (gf likes it with two).

Love it. This is the best combo I've ever come up with, and have been making multiple cups of it all day (decaf) for a few years now.
    edited February 4
  • kimny72kimny72 Posts: 10,659Member Member Posts: 10,659Member Member
    My standard coffee is chocolate-coffee. I make a regular cup with milk, and then add 1 tsp of cacao powder, and 2 tsps of Nesquik. I use three packets of sweeteners too but that's just me (gf likes it with two).

Love it. This is the best combo I've ever come up with, and have been making multiple cups of it all day (decaf) for a few years now.

Nesquik or Ovaltine in coffee is awesome, and very few calories for the amount you need to get a hint of chocolate that for me at least made sweetener unnecessary over time. :drinker:
  • lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Posts: 5,699Member Member Posts: 5,699Member Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Nesquik or Ovaltine in coffee is awesome, and very few calories for the amount you need to get a hint of chocolate that for me at least made sweetener unnecessary over time. :drinker:

I don't like sweet coffee, but sometimes I'll put some coarse ground cacao nibs (I use a brand called Crio Bru) in with my coffee grounds. They're coarse enough to use in french press or cold brew.
  • emmab6104emmab6104 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I use liquid sacarina. (Saccharine) I get it from Mercadona in Spain. Best sugar sub there is for flavour!
  • jessemejesseme Posts: 37Member Member Posts: 37Member Member
    Lots new of ways to try! Thanks everyone!
  • kdbuxbaumkdbuxbaum Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I make bulletproof coffee by adding a 1/2 tsp peanut butter and a splash of coconut oil. I weaned myself off the sugar but do add hazelnut powdered creamer(IK the creamer isn’t very healthy) tastes really yummy and adds healthy fats. These calories hold me over until lunch.
  • farhansajjad320farhansajjad320 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Good Italian Coffee, almond milk and stevia.
  • TheRoadDogTheRoadDog Posts: 11,514Member Member Posts: 11,514Member Member
    add 1 Shot of Irish Whiskey and 1 Shot of Irish Cream
    Stir
    Drink
    Repeat
  • ninasandlin10ninasandlin10 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    There is a healthy creamer called nutpods there is no sugar in it and no artificial sweeteners either it's naturally sweet and it's whole 30 approved it taste just like coffee creamer but it's not overly super sweet but it's sweet enough naturally to me but if you want it sweeter you can put stevia in it I hope this helps
  • OCDODOCDOD Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I recently tried a creamer called Laird’s Superfood Creamer. It’s coconut milk dehydrated. Very little sweetness but it grows on you.
  • JnhfradyJnhfrady Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    I use a 1/4 cup fat free organic milk, with 1-2 Tbsp of the Torani Sugar Free coffee syrups. It tastes great and is only 44 calories for a 16 ounce coffee.
    On the weekends, I splurge and use a 1/2 cup of milk.
    edited February 16
  • jleu4444jleu4444 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I used honey and gradually weaned myself off. I had been using Splenda and it was causing issues health wise. i switched back to sugar then changed to honey then reduced and then eliminated in course of couple weeks. I also went from half and half to whole to 2% and now down to 1% milk. Skin doesn't do it for me but 1% much better than the cream in coffee. I also bought a frother for milk because it made coffee creamier to me than just the cold milk.
2»