Constantly Hungry and Fatigued!!

2»

Replies

• babanov
    babanov Posts: 14
    Hannah: The first week I am on a weight loss plan I feel exhausted but that passes by the next week. The first few weeks I was on my plan I went to bed very early and that seemed to help a lot. You say you drink a lot of diet soda and eat a lot of salt. I would encourage you to start cutting back on the diet soda and sodium and increasing your water. Dehydration can make you feel very fatigued. Anything with caffeine contributes to dehydration so for every caffeinated beverage you drink you should drink that same amount of water. It is also important to get enough healthy calories daily which includes enough veggies, fruits and protein. Keep trying to find what works the best for your body because we are all different and what works for me may not work for you.:flowerforyou:

500mg of caffeine a day will help you lose weight, its proven! Can try different amounts, but 500mg should be enough...
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Hi hannah, it can't be easy being a model what with your weight being constantly scrutinised. As much as we might want quick weight loss results, I think quick fixes and fads won't work for life. I also think if the vast majority of medical evidence points to 1200 calories as the minimum our bodies need it might be worth listening to. I don't want to sound preachy but please be careful about eating too little. As the other posters said sodium and water might be the key for you to lose weight. Good luck hon, stick to a healthy diet and you WILL lose weight xxx
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Thanks everyone-- great advice. Karenecunnignha, that's very interesting-- maybe if I can just push through the first week of feeling really low energy my body will get used to the diet and it won't be so bad after a little more patience. I've heard something similar with fasting-- the first 3-5 days are murder but after that it's not difficult (maybe it's somewhat similar with normal dieting?). Raina, good to know someone else is in the same boat-- I've never experienced this lack of weight loss due to lower calories-- and whenever I work out I find I gain weight! The best I can do is some power yoga (and not eat the exercise cals) just so I stay toned-- but if I try to run/elliptical/circuit train (and I eat the exercise cals)-- forget it! I will gain!
    Everyone seems to think cutting the diet soda will be a good idea... that seems like a nightmare to me because my energy is already so painfully low. Is it the caffeine itself I should avoid or are you guys against the artificial sweeteners? Would caffeinated tea be preferable?
    Thanks everyone!! :)
  • Thanks everyone-- great advice. Karenecunnignha, that's very interesting-- maybe if I can just push through the first week of feeling really low energy my body will get used to the diet and it won't be so bad after a little more patience. I've heard something similar with fasting-- the first 3-5 days are murder but after that it's not difficult (maybe it's somewhat similar with normal dieting?). Raina, good to know someone else is in the same boat-- I've never experienced this lack of weight loss due to lower calories-- and whenever I work out I find I gain weight! The best I can do is some power yoga (and not eat the exercise cals) just so I stay toned-- but if I try to run/elliptical/circuit train (and I eat the exercise cals)-- forget it! I will gain!
    Everyone seems to think cutting the diet soda will be a good idea... that seems like a nightmare to me because my energy is already so painfully low. Is it the caffeine itself I should avoid or are you guys against the artificial sweeteners? Would caffeinated tea be preferable?

It's the sweetener. It will actually make you crave sugar more then you did before the soda. Caffeinated tea is great.
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Thanks everyone-- great advice. Karenecunnignha, that's very interesting-- maybe if I can just push through the first week of feeling really low energy my body will get used to the diet and it won't be so bad after a little more patience. I've heard something similar with fasting-- the first 3-5 days are murder but after that it's not difficult (maybe it's somewhat similar with normal dieting?). Raina, good to know someone else is in the same boat-- I've never experienced this lack of weight loss due to lower calories-- and whenever I work out I find I gain weight! The best I can do is some power yoga (and not eat the exercise cals) just so I stay toned-- but if I try to run/elliptical/circuit train (and I eat the exercise cals)-- forget it! I will gain!

It's the sweetener. It will actually make you crave sugar more then you did before the soda. Caffeinated tea is great.

Thanks! Ok! As long as I can get the caffeine somehow I'll make it! :)
  • babanov
    babanov Posts: 14
    You can get caffeine in pills, concentrated, and drink it with water, as an alternative. Green tea would be the best to drink. For energy - look for Animal Pak, drink it 1 every 2-3 days, will be enough for you to replenish all vitamines, minerals you need and get an energy boost
This discussion has been closed.