Lean and trim!

Options
My 50th high school reunion is in 4 months and I am going to use it as my motivation to get lean and trim. I’m already fit so it’s all about losing some pounds. Actually, quite a few pounds, but a reasonable amount given the time I’ve got to work with. If anyone is interested in joining me to hold each other accountable for a focused “Get Lean and Trim” campaign between now and June 9 - friend me.

Replies

• fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    January 28 - Day 1 - Under calorie goal
  • fh1951
    Options
    January 29 - Day 2 - Under calorie goal
  • fh1951
    Options
    January 30 - Day 3 - Under calorie goal
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Is your daily goal a 500 cal deficit?
  • fh1951
    Options
    January 31 - Day 4 - Under calorie goal
  • fh1951
    Options
    sax, it’s to stay under the 1500 net cals that MFP gave me for a goal... and to have abs like yours 😃
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Haha. Well, 7 months ago I had +24% BF! I hovered around that 1,500 daily cal for a few months. And a tip, I didn’t eat back much of my exercise cals until I cut my cardio and added weights.

Are you by chance, weighing your food? It’s a game changer if you want to accelerate weight loss.
  • fh1951
    Options
    Nice going! Yeah I’ve been up and down 30+ pounds twice already in the last 6 years. It’s hard to lose it and easy to gain it back. I do weigh food portions and I agree! Have a great day!
  • fh1951
    Options
    February 1 - Day 5 - Under calorie goal
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh. I went with my father to his 50th h.s. reunion.

He actually did dispel reports of his death.
  • fh1951
    Options
    February 2 - Day 6 - Under calorie goal
  • fh1951
    Options
    You say you are eating under the calorie goal daily, may I ask by how much? Only MFP builds the deficit into the figure they give you, you shouldn't eat under that figure on a daily basis.

1500 is the lowest MFP will give a man because any lower and it is difficult to get adeqate nutrition. So you should be eating all 1500 plus any extra calories you earn from exercise. Or at least a portion of them.

So make sure you stay healthy while you lose weight and are getting your nutrition in. :)

Thanks, I am staying under my *net* calorie goal = food calories (1500) + exercise. My diary is public btw...

• fh1951
    Options
    I had to laugh. I went with my father to his 50th h.s. reunion.

He actually did dispel reports of his death.

lol!

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    fh1951 wrote: »
    You say you are eating under the calorie goal daily, may I ask by how much? Only MFP builds the deficit into the figure they give you, you shouldn't eat under that figure on a daily basis.

1500 is the lowest MFP will give a man because any lower and it is difficult to get adeqate nutrition. So you should be eating all 1500 plus any extra calories you earn from exercise. Or at least a portion of them.

So make sure you stay healthy while you lose weight and are getting your nutrition in. :)

Thanks, I am staying under my *net* calorie goal = food calories (1500) + exercise. My diary is public btw...

Great stuff, so many people on here think that they have to eat under the goal and end up eating really low figures.

I am sure you will cut a fine dash at your reunion. :)
  • fh1951
    Options
    February 3 - day 7 - Under calorie goal
    Made it a week. Gotta take it one day at a time.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your program. I went to my 50th in September. Highlight was my “friend” Mary. I use the quotes only because she lived 1 street over, we attended school together 12 years, and I would guess I spoke to her 12 times, probably half to say something snarky.

We were a working class bunch. A few guys wore coats and ties to the reunion, lots of polo shirts, women similarly dressed.

Mary wore a tank top. No doubt to show off her arms and shoulders. Went on and on about how, after a rough start, her life was saved when she discovered rock climbing when she was 30. While I spent the day napping, Mary had been at a climbing wall gym. She made the evening as far as I was concerned. Have fun. Knock ‘me dead.
  • fh1951
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Good luck on your program. I went to my 50th in September. Highlight was my “friend” Mary. I use the quotes only because she lived 1 street over, we attended school together 12 years, and I would guess I spoke to her 12 times, probably half to say something snarky.

We were a working class bunch. A few guys wore coats and ties to the reunion, lots of polo shirts, women similarly dressed.

Mary wore a tank top. No doubt to show off her arms and shoulders. Went on and on about how, after a rough start, her life was saved when she discovered rock climbing when she was 30. While I spent the day napping, Mary had been at a climbing wall gym. She made the evening as far as I was concerned. Have fun. Knock ‘me dead.

Great story! My high school was an all-boys boarding school (now co-ed), so there won’t be any ‘Marys’ unless my wife of 44 years decides to come along. There were fewer than 50 in my class. The school has class reunions every 5 years (mostly to try to keep people interested in donating money I think). There is a small core group from my class of about 15 of us that attend these regularly.

I have a very hard time keeping weight off after I lose it. I have lost 30+ pounds twice since 2010 when I first joined MFP - and gained most of it back both times. My current weight is not healthy for me. I picked the reunion to have a deadline, and something above and beyond to keep me motivated. It’s just a stake in the ground.
  • fh1951
    Options
    February 4 - day 8 - Under calorie goal
  • fh1951
    Options
    February 5 - day 9 - Under calorie goal