• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Look what you've accomplished already too :smiley:
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Look what you've accomplished already too :smiley:
    Thanks for the encouragement! I see from your photo that you are fit and trim already; I’m still a work in process. A couple more months and I’ll be getting there too... 📉
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    LOL yeah thats why a while back I changed my user name - no going back! :smiley: thanks though.

And yes, you are doing so well and I'm happy to keep cheering you on your way and I'll be happy to keep doing so as you maintain as well.

• fh1951
    Options
    LOL yeah thats why a while back I changed my user name - no going back! :smiley: thanks though.

And yes, you are doing so well and I'm happy to keep cheering you on your way and I'll be happy to keep doing so as you maintain as well.

No going back! Great attitude!!!

Doing what needs to be done to lose 35 - 40 pounds is no fun, but I’ve done it twice already in the last 8 years. Where I’ve been a complete failure is keeping it off. It requires changing how I perceive myself, aka the space between my ears. A friend who has successfully managed the process is a valuable resource, so thanks!
  • fh1951
    Options
    March 7 - Day 39 - Under calorie goal
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I relate to what you said. Just lost 35 lbs. to get back to a proud weight again taking 175 days to get the job done. Like you, I’ve got some years on my body and have had to do this 3 times in my adult live. I swear no more. Too hard to chisel and easier to maintain so I’m on 24 hour guard duty against any relapse.

You’re doing good and I’m privately cheering for you.
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great consistency keep up the good work!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great. For me the key is not to over think it! Keep up the good work .
  • fh1951
    Options
    I relate to what you said. Just lost 35 lbs. to get back to a proud weight again taking 175 days to get the job done. Like you, I’ve got some years on my body and have had to do this 3 times in my adult live. I swear no more. Too hard to chisel and easier to maintain so I’m on 24 hour guard duty against any relapse.

You’re doing good and I’m privately cheering for you.

Thanks for the encouragement! Let’s both remain committed to getting (me) and staying (you) staying lean, trim and fit!
  • fh1951
    Options
    6raham wrote: »
    Great consistency keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • fh1951
    Options
    ldowdesw wrote: »
    You’re doing great. For me the key is not to over think it! Keep up the good work .

Thanks for the encouragement, and for sharing your perspective!
  • fh1951
    Options
    March 8 - Day 40 - Under calorie goal

“Then Moses went into the cloud and went higher up the mountain. He was on the mountain for forty days and forty nights.”
    ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:18‬
    “The rain fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights.”
    ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭7:12
    “After forty days of exploring the land, the men returned to the camp.”
    ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭13:25‬
    “For forty days the Philistine came out every morning and evening and stood before the Israelite army.”
    ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17:16‬
    “Jesus fasted for forty days and nights. After this, he was very hungry.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:2‬

It is interesting how many times ‘forty days’ appears in scripture. Just an observation.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @fh1951 yes numbers figure greatly in the Bible and all with significant meaning usually.

Well done on 40 days.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    fh1951 wrote: »
    March 8 - Day 40 - Under calorie goal

“Then Moses went into the cloud and went higher up the mountain. He was on the mountain for forty days and forty nights.”
    ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:18‬
    “The rain fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights.”
    ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭7:12
    “After forty days of exploring the land, the men returned to the camp.”
    ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭13:25‬
    “For forty days the Philistine came out every morning and evening and stood before the Israelite army.”
    ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17:16‬
    “Jesus fasted for forty days and nights. After this, he was very hungry.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:2‬

It is interesting how many times ‘forty days’ appears in scripture. Just an observation.

Congratulations on 40 days. Speaking of 40 days, today is day 4 of me eating OMAD as one of several components of my Lent 2019 experience for the 40 days of Lent (actually, it's exactly 40 days.) I'm eating once a day when the sun sets and giving myself a 2-hour feeding window. It's actually turning out easier than I thought but I'm a disciplined IF practitioner. Here's my support that your next 40 days is impeccable like your first 40 days. Keep your pedal on the metal and marching forward to your reunion.

• fh1951
    Options
    @fh1951 yes numbers figure greatly in the Bible and all with significant meaning usually.

Well done on 40 days.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am working on my third Bible in a year reading of the last four years. Slogging through Leviticus and the law at the moment. Thank you Jesus!!

• fh1951
    Options
    Congratulations on 40 days. Speaking of 40 days, today is day 4 of me eating OMAD as one of several components of my Lent 2019 experience for the 40 days of Lent (actually, it's exactly 40 days.) I'm eating once a day when the sun sets and giving myself a 2-hour feeding window. It's actually turning out easier than I thought but I'm a disciplined IF practitioner. Here's my support that your next 40 days is impeccable like your first 40 days. Keep your pedal on the metal and marching forward to your reunion.

[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for sharing your routine for Lent!

What do OMAD and IF stand for if I might ask?

• fh1951
    Options
    March 9 - Day 41 - Under calorie goal
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    fh1951 wrote: »

Well done on 40 days.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am working on my third Bible in a year reading of the last four years. Slogging through Leviticus and the law at the moment. Thank you Jesus!!

Hats off to you, the Old Testament is tough going. My Bible reading could see major improvement in general.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ps OMAD is one meal a day. I couldn't do it but each to their own.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Reading your posts has also helped me on my recomp by distracting me for a while whilst I do a steady turbo session. So thanks & continue to update us as you’ll be inspiring others.