Crossfit and gym for burning fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    They're in a calorie surplus to build that muscle. They didn't start to build it until they stopped eating in a calorie deficit.
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories then your body will eat itself and eat the muscle! also slow the metabolism and any food you eat will store as fat! then you will start to feel all the side effect of low cals. Sure you will lose weight in starvation.

If you run too aggressive a deficit and don't incorporate resistance training, there is a risk of losing muscle, yes. But you don't store fat in a deficit. A deficit is the mechanism by which weight loss happens, so I'm not sure what point it is you're making. Losing 1/2lb per week when I've got 10lbs or so to goal isn't starvation.
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    LOOK. I had a hard time yesterday with the decisions I need to make to reach my goal and accepting opinions. And I realized I was very wrong. I know I neednto eat at least 1500 calories and I will. Im too terrified of being fat to not make the best decisions. Its not particularly fun and I would rather eat much less. But I will do it.

I think a lot of us have been there. As long as you are eating less than you're burning, you aren't going to put on fat. This is a long-term plan. Slow progress usually lasts longer. Hang in there.