First car

Options
What was your first car and what is your fondest memory/funniest story that happened in it?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    1974 VW Beetle that was not quite cherry, but close. Fondest memory would be poking my high school girlfriend in the back seat. It got totaled when I got hit by a drunk driver on my home from her house one night. This was in 1992. I wish I still had that car...I bought it pretty cheap, and now they're worth a good chunk of change.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I had a chevy corsica that my parents got for $700. It was mostly blue but it had a maroon door and bumper, and the hood flapped in the wind if i drove over 45. Also it stalled every time i turned left.

My parents subsequently sold it on our garage sale but the guy said he’d only take it if they threw in their home computer. Which they did.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    2000 Acura Integra. I loved that car. One time I got out of a speeding ticket because I had human eyeballs in a cooler in the backseat. I know it sounds crazy but I used to work for a transplant bank and for eye only cases we would take our private vehicle.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    92 beretta GT.

Driving down the trans canada a pickup truck in front of me lost it's muffler right onto the road... and i swerved SO hard to miss it. It was a lot scarier at the time I was like NOOOOOOOO in slow motion.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    1980 Ford Fairmont. The front dash had the speaker holes cut out, perfect for setting your beer can in. Too many good memories to pick just one but the paneling in the backseat was easy to carve into so my friends would leave me lots of loving (not) messages back there. I should have taken pictures of them all before I sold it. I am sure the next 16 year old to get that car wondered wth.
  • carolynptx83
    carolynptx83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1994 Gold Honda Accord. I ended up wrecking it when I was 18 due to careless driving.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    82 Monte Carlo...

Oh my poor first car. I don't think this box I am typing in is large enough for what I put that car through. RIP, fun times though.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    "First car" is too much of a security question, so "nope".
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1996 Honda Civic 5-speed, I freaking loved that thing. The hood didn't always latch and one time I was on a country hiway with some friends when the hood all of a suddenly flew up over the windshield....just like in Tommy Boy :P
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    everett%2B73%2Bcharger%2Ba.JPG

Mine was grey. And never photographed anywhere so scenic. :D
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I had a 1989 Mercury Sable. Two-tone, sandblasted hood, and hubcaps that looked like flying saucers from a cheesy 1950's UFO film. I couldn't get a girl inside one of these if I told them Nick Carter and Nick Lachey were in the backseat. I know it was free but, gee whiz, Dad... was that really the best used car you could find in 2005?!