Maintainers Weekly Check In - February 2019

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Wow! 30 minutes faster is amazing! Congratulations!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    @kgirlhart Wow! 30 minutes faster is amazing! Congratulations!

Thanks! I was pretty excited about that!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: It's been a wild week. You can tell because my trend went up, but my actual weight is down, lit's like my trend and actual from last week switched places.

I found out that I retain water when I ovulate as well as around my period. This is beginning to be a big part of my life, it's going to wind up being 1/3 of each month or something. Frustrating. Next month I'll focus on drinking more water and eating fewer carbs for those few days. Probably help with the bloated feeling.

I missed enough gym from being sick that I am so sore from my last workout, I'm probably carrying some extra water there too.

I also retain water like this and it's frustrating because it works out to almost half the month for me. It's made maintenance frustrating at times because I retain more water weight during maintenance during those times than I did while I was losing, so the fluctuations are pretty huge sometimes.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: It's been a wild week. You can tell because my trend went up, but my actual weight is down, lit's like my trend and actual from last week switched places.

I found out that I retain water when I ovulate as well as around my period. This is beginning to be a big part of my life, it's going to wind up being 1/3 of each month or something. Frustrating. Next month I'll focus on drinking more water and eating fewer carbs for those few days. Probably help with the bloated feeling.

I missed enough gym from being sick that I am so sore from my last workout, I'm probably carrying some extra water there too.

I also retain water like this and it's frustrating because it works out to almost half the month for me. It's made maintenance frustrating at times because I retain more water weight during maintenance during those times than I did while I was losing, so the fluctuations are pretty huge sometimes.

I know, it's like, if my weight is elevated half the month, doesn't that raise my actual weight? It kind of kills part of maintenance for me, I feel like I'm maintaining at my goal...except a good portion of the time I'm not, even if it's hormonal. Makes me feel like I should lose more weight so the average is where I want to be if that makes sense. It's frustrating, the hormones don't help.
  • missperfectpitch
    Options

I know, it's like, if my weight is elevated half the month, doesn't that raise my actual weight? It kind of kills part of maintenance for me, I feel like I'm maintaining at my goal...except a good portion of the time I'm not, even if it's hormonal. Makes me feel like I should lose more weight so the average is where I want to be if that makes sense. It's frustrating, the hormones don't help.

Yeah, and add in some higher sodium/carbs days etc. and that doesn't help either! It can be discouraging, but the other weeks that are lower help to bring me back to the understanding that it's all fluctuations and not "real" weight gain. Still working on focusing on how I look and feel instead of the numbers so much, but it's a process.
  • missperfectpitch
    Options
    Name: missperfectpitch
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: About 43 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 year and 2 months
    How long in maintenance: I hit my goal weight in the beginning of January 2018, but officially started maintenance in mid-March 2018 after figuring out my calories for a couple of months.
    Maintenance weight range: 108-111.5
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 109.8

Average weight recorded from January: 111

Week of...
    February 2: 111.3 (trend 111)
    February 9: 110.6 (trend 110.8)
    February 16:
    February 23:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Inputting everything in a day early this week, as I'll be away through Tuesday without access to scales. My weight trend is finally going back down again, with one day early in this week being in the low-mid point of my range, where I prefer to be. I'll be pretty active this weekend, but since my weight has recently been at or above the top of my maintenance range lately, my plan is to not eat back any extra exercise calories. Usually, when I'm more active than my TDEE, I'll eat about 2/3-3/4 of the extra exercise calories back. Hopefully, not doing so this weekend will help to bring my weight back to mid-range again.