Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Thank you @Womona and @Orphia !!! It was a difficult decision last night. I appreciate your support. I'm not getting it at home. That bottle was suppose to be opened on Friday or Saturday night ... but nope ... it is all gone. DH opened & polished it off even though I asked for him not too. Some things are just not worth fighting ... I just had to stick to my own resolve. I cannot do it for others.

Exactly. @Lilylady3k

Hugs. I know it's hard, but try to realise that he is fighting his own battle with alcohol in his own way. xx

You're awesome because you're at a great stage in your battle.

He may still be in the denial stage where any opposition makes you dig deeper because that's easier than taking what always looks like a huge first step.

It's not his fault, I don't think. Weren't we all like that? My husband quit 2 years before I did, and I didn't stop drinking around him though he'd told me it was hard for him.

Not trying to tell you how to run your marriage. Just some thoughts I've had thinking this through intently.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @Orphia You are exactly correct. Twice this week he opened bottles when I asked for us to save them. Once I gave in on Tuesday but on Thursday I just did my own thing and let him do his. We are on different paths. We are both cutting back but in our own way and time. But I'm glad the journey started. Thanks for your understanding and support and the kind words.