Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF - Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17 - 1/2 of a Caesar out at dinner, then 3 drinks later. Plus I ate a bunch of the strained oranges out of the leftover mulled wine lol. 2 glasses of that left, planning to drink them on Wednesday, put it in the fridge. It has been a really fun BC family day weekend. I do feel good to be moderating. I still feel like having drinks every day, but just don't anymore.
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 10 AF days out of 17 days - need at least 6 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    February accountability ~17 days so far
    No Alcohol: 10 days
    Alcohol: 7 days (13 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month
    You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Hit my target of 4 AF days per week again! This is getting easier. It is all about balancing my life choices.
    Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 - AF
    Feb 10 - AF

Not a good week. Only 2 AF days when the target it 4 for the week. But I’m still good for achieving the monthly goal. And the previous 2 weeks I was 5-6 AF days each week. The camp is definitely a challenge!
    Feb 11 - AF
    Feb 12 - AF
    Feb 13 - 3 glasses wine. DD moving day. DD’s thank you for us caring for their dog for 3 days while they packed and then helping with the move all day … was wine, pizza & Randazzo’s king cake. DH & my first date Feb 13 seems like a zillion years ago.
    Note: Challenging weekend ahead (next 4 nights). Usually I have 3-5 drinks per night at the fishing camp. Plus my sister will be there and she brought bottles of wine. Plan 1 drink per evening.
    Feb 14 - 2 beers sunset at the fishing camp this weekend
    Feb 15 - 1 glass of wine with Mom's 82nd birthday dinner
    Feb 16 - 1 beer
    Feb 17 - 2 beer

Feb 18 - Bookclub: Plan 1 glass wine
    Feb 19 -
    Feb 20 - Bookclub: Plan AF (Annual physical)
    Feb 21 - Alumnae Meeting called For the Love of Wine & Girl Scout Cookies … this pairing tasting could be a real challenge!
    Feb 22 -
    Feb 23 -
    Feb 24 -
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome @marcvb35 Great goals for short and long term.

We got your back on this.....
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    A little bit of Monday encouragement -

zcgtpk107l79.jpg
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    We are ALL friends down here....welcome !!

Day 14 of my renewed AF and have lost most of the weight gained during my unsuccessful attempt at moderation. :)

Today is National Wine Day...in the US, at least. Too cruel... :'(
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1 Congrats on your re-loss, and ya, like we need a national day to promote wine here.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF - Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17 - 1/2 of a Caesar out at dinner, then 3 drinks later. Plus I ate a bunch of the strained oranges out of the leftover mulled wine lol. 2 glasses of that left, planning to drink them on Wednesday, put it in the fridge. It has been a really fun BC family day weekend. I do feel good to be moderating. I still feel like having drinks every day, but just don't anymore.
    February 18 - AF
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22 - planned night out
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 11 AF days out of 18 days - need at least 5 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    @RubyDarling I recommend spending that voucher on some fancy schmancy bitters (they ain't cheap) to "mix up" your mocktail choices.
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    Welcome @marcvb35 No judgement zone here--wonderfully supportive community. Sending positive vibes on striving towards your goals.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    February accountability ~18 days so far
    No Alcohol: 10 days
    Alcohol: 8 days (16 drinks)

Feb 18 - 3 glasses of wine. Bookclub: Turned out the hostess had a company come in and do a surprise wine tasting session.
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @MissMay and @mainelylisa - thank you for the support. January 31 2018 I started a weight loss challenge at work with the hopes of drinking less. lost 35ish pounds in 7 weeks but failed at drinking less. I am hoping that the last year in maintenance has given me the will power to accomplish my goals. again thank you for the encouragement!!!

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @mabelsdaddy Awesome job! I am also feeling SO much better from drinking less!
  • forestdweller1
    Options
    @RubyDarling & @mainelylisa ...seconds on spending the liquor voucher on bitters !! Had to go to the wine store to buy bitters and left shaking my head...coulda bought a bottle of nice wine for the price...and didn't.
    A splash of bitters in a diet ginger is now my "I'm not craving wine, I'm really just thirsty" go-to beverage. Kinda working.

@marcvb35 ...Planning to have 5 drinks and then having 4 is a great step in the direction you say you want to go. And maybe it was the " 2 giant burgers" that caused the tummy distress ?? Just sayin'.

Planning to go to Louisiana in April and stay til mid-June. Depends on whether my Catpuccino gets along with the menagerie that my daughter & new hubby have acquired down there...3 cats and 2 LARGE dogs. They are mostly non-drinkers so it's easy to be AF down there. The challenge then will be keeping away from the boudin and king cakes.

#15 AF
  • forestdweller1
    Options
    Oh, @MissMay , feel free to use my Chianti rant on a T-shirt. Just send me a free one, whenever.