Fitness apps.

Options
I'm a 36 year old woman with 50-70lbs to lose. My car recently broke down and I can't get to the gym. What fitness apps do you find give you a good workout? What makes it a good app?

Replies

• Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ?? What do you want to do??

The answer to that question will direct you to the apps available.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    ?? What do you want to do??

The answer to that question will direct you to the apps available.

This. It really depends on what you like to do for a workout. There's thousands of apps catered to different styles of exercise, so the more detailed you can be the better fit of an app you'll find!
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    As you stated the goal of losing 70 lbs I would gently remind that weight loss is 20% your activity ovel and 80% what goes in your mouth.

Absolutely work out (for other reasons) ... but if the overall goal is weight loss, be strict about your food consumption.

"You can't outrun your fork"
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am aware of the eating part. I guess I wasnt clear. I lost over 120lbs thus far, so the type of fitness I'm looking for is toning and overall full body workouts. There are tons of apps, so I struggle to choose one.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! I would encourage you to do some strength training. I lost 150 and did strength training from day 1. It really helped me be in a better place when I got to goal and I've continued 2+ years of maintenance. Here's a link to a thread with resources. Some of them have apps, but personally I don't find an app necessary.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am aware of the eating part. I guess I wasnt clear. I lost over 120lbs thus far, so the type of fitness I'm looking for is toning and overall full body workouts. There are tons of apps, so I struggle to choose one.

Stronglifts has an app you could use. Muscleandstrength.com has a ton of workout plans, I don't think there is an app.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options

My bad for missunderstanding.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I was using stronglifts, but have switched to jetfit as I added a couple of exercises and plan to add some more. But I used the stronglifts apps for ~ a year.