February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    In MN at a conference, so no outside running for me! With the coat I borrowed, worn on top of my own coat, 2 layers of shirts and 2 layers of pants, it's not bad. But inside I feel like I'll have a heat stroke!

The gym here is HUGE. 33,000 sq feet! Never seen such a big hotel gym.
    Interestingly there are just 10 treadmills and all of them were being used when I was running this morning. Got to get there early tomorrow to make sure I beat the crowd!

Not sure if it has already been mentioned (since I've been bad at keeping up, it may have been), but there is an inspiring movie for runners over 50 (or anyone!) The Human Race - available on Amazon Prime. Maybe available other places, not sure. I enjoyed it anyway! Can't believe last day of Feb is tomorrow! Oops just came back to correct this... it's today. I'm .6 miles short. If I'd known that I'd have gone a little longer this morning.

2/1 - Rest Day
    2/2 - 37 miles cycling
    2/3 - 48 miles cycling
    2/4 - 4.5 miles + strength training - upper body
    2/5 - 5 miles! + strength training - glutes/abs
    2/6 - 4.5 miles
    2/7 - strength training - upper body
    2/8 - rest day
    2/9 - Duathlon - 5k, 20K bike, 2.5K - that was tough!
    2/10 - rest
    2/11 - 4 miles + shots in feet from podiatrist
    2/12 - rest day
    2/13 - strength training - upper body
    2/14 - strength training - quads/glutes
    2/15 - 5 miles
    2/16 - 45 miles cycling
    2/17 - 3.5 miles + strength training - upper body
    2/18 - 6 miles + strength training - legs
    2/19 - strength training - upper body
    2/20 - 5 miles + strength training - glutes
    2/21 - 4 miles
    2/22 - strength training - arms
    2/23 - 45 miles cycling!
    2/24 - 41 miles cycling
    2/25 - 4.2 miles
    2/26 - strength training - legs
    2/27- 4.2 miles treadmill + strength training - arms
    2/28 - 5 miles treadmill

exercise.png

I think I remember talking to you about this conference a few months ago and saying it could be anywhere from -25 to 30s. And here it turns out that we're closer to the bottom of that scale than the top, and have had the snowiest February on record! I haven't run in almost three weeks, though I think @7lenny7 is still getting out there regularly! Good luck with the treadmills tomorrow!

And yeah, transitioning from outside to inside can be brutal - a lot of places keep the heat way too high this time of year. It's probably for some practical reason, but it does lead to boiling alive in one's coat sometimes.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Can't believe last day of Feb is tomorrow! Oops just came back to correct this... it's today. I'm .6 miles short. If I'd known that I'd have gone a little longer this morning.

There is still time! :smiley:
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @shanaber that's excellent news! I will look out for the book, I sort of used the run-walk for my HM but I have always done 9:1. Don't think I could have run the entire thing without walk breaks, but I need a fixed structure rather than just walking when I need to, so that worked really well for me. I'm running a 5k with mini-me in March and am thinking of trying 4:1 for that to see how she (and my legs) get on.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @shanaber That's great news... and thanks!
  • JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow sorry that you fell too! The ice has been particulary bad lately :/
    @mbaker566 one of these days I'll make it to the track, it's right by my work so it would be convenient.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @scott6255 Yikes. Were you carrying a water bottle? Did you have gloves?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @scott6255 Yikes. Were you carrying a water bottle? Did you have gloves?

That is normal for what Raynaud's looks like. Same problem I have. At 37 degrees I would have had fingers effected even with normal gloves on. Today was in the low thirties actually and I used my heated gloves.

Really not fun. @scott6255 you should be more careful! :neutral:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Pretty cold (for me) 37F with 12 mph wind. The run itself was good, after having to endure that indoor 'running' torture yesterday. But when I got home at 6pm, all fingers on both hands were completely white. It wasn't until 7:30pm that I got color and feeling back.

exercise.png

Came a lot closer to goal than I thought.

Pics of hands (not for the squeamish :s )
    m79ngk2t7ms0.jpg

Oh my gracious! Did you know you had Raynaud's or is this a new thing?